Impressive alliances

Divi Filius

I fought TORN and VA.

None of the VA nations had any money saved. I'm not saying they had small warchests, I'm saying that had no money whatsoever. I mean, they were collecting daily in DEFCON5 and nuke anarchy while I was pounding away at them. I had I think a total of one attack from all three. I'd heard that the ones who were actually prepared, though, were pretty good.

And as for TORN...

bigwoody was a disappointment. Didn't even nuke/CM every day - might have only nuked twice. I was expecting more. I can understand laying off the ground and naval attacks (he was 1 v 3 or 4, if I remember) but to have a billion and a half dollar warchest and not to even try landing AAs or CMs or nukes is a complete waste.

That said, as an alliance, I know despite the massive odds stacked against them that they did a ton of damage and are still dishing it out in places. I just expected some of it to be coming my way when I was assigned to hit bigwoody.

And I've heard TOOL really dished out, too.

So to TORN and TOOL, nice.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caesar di Cesare' date='03 March 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1267669084' post='2213224']
I fought TORN and VA.

None of the VA nations had any money saved. I'm not saying they had small warchests, I'm saying that had no money whatsoever. I mean, they were collecting daily in DEFCON5 and nuke anarchy while I was pounding away at them. I had I think a total of one attack from all three. I'd heard that the ones who were actually prepared, though, were pretty good.

And as for TORN...

bigwoody was a disappointment. Didn't even nuke/CM every day - might have only nuked twice. I was expecting more. I can understand laying off the ground and naval attacks (he was 1 v 3 or 4, if I remember) but to have a billion and a half dollar warchest and not to even try landing AAs or CMs or nukes is a complete waste.

That said, as an alliance, I know despite the massive odds stacked against them that they did a ton of damage and are still dishing it out in places. I just expected some of it to be coming my way when I was assigned to hit bigwoody.

And I've heard TOOL really dished out, too.

So to TORN and TOOL, nice.
[/quote]
Its hard to nuke 5 people all with SDIs every day...got you 3 times, about all I could muster with my SDI luck ;)

EDIT: I admit a couple nights I came in, fired nukes, then went out drinking. You might be referring to that :P

Edited by bigwoody

The only real fights I've received so far in this war have been form IRON and TOOL, out of the 5 Diff AA's I've been in conflict with. I guess the rest of my targets weren't that active :(

IRON deserves a big tip of the hat from me. Anyone who can take that big of a beating and hold it together as well as they have deserves it for sure. I show everyone respect, allies and enemies alike, but for this; you deserve and extra dose. Well done to all I'd say.

Edited by LucasSnow

+1 for IRON, Every battle I have had with IRON was an honorable one. Of course TORN has delivered my first 2 nuclear snacks and is teaching me a lesson about picking on older nations... "Message received" :gag:

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='26 February 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1267205744' post='2205075']
IRON: The sheer fact they've retained so much of their membership despite this being the second time in a year in which they've had like 10m NS chopped off. Not saying they're great militarily, but not many can say they've been through what they have (twice) and continued on.
[/quote]
QFT

[quote name='helstrm' date='08 March 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1268053896' post='2217924']
+1 for IRON, Every battle I have had with IRON was an honorable one. Of course TORN has delivered my first 2 nuclear snacks and is teaching me a lesson about picking on older nations... "Message received" :gag:
[/quote]

haha well we are happy to provide guidance and mentorship. Besides we took your nukeginity and that is a special bond my friend. We're connected 4 ever :wub:

TOP due to the sheer will to not give up, TPF for coming back from a beating in the past and putting up a good fight. I've heard quite a few good things about PC from this war, so props to them too. After that, I haven't really watched many alliances, I think if I did, my head might just asplode