What is your worst and best in game move ever

Comrade Korey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best move: swallowing my pride and going to NPO/Valhalla for Legion terms, not knowing what the answer would be.

Worst move 1: Threatening permazi on Universalis. Two Doucheries don't make a right.
Worst move 2: misunderstanding infra cost wording and spending 4 months only buying 10 infra a day.

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1265790593' post='2172334']
Best Move: Guiding ODN along its new foreign affairs policy.
[/quote]
:wub: Arsenal :wub:

I would follow you to hell boss.

[quote name='Sunstar' date='10 February 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1265790742' post='2172336']
Best Move: Sticking it out through the resulting year of hell and helping bring the ODN to where we are today.
[/quote]
Yeah i have to agree, it would have been too easy for me (and you) to have decamped for other shores.

Best move: purposefully picking on TOP and in particular making the 'survivalist alliance race' thread.
I don't know how much or how little that contributed to TOP getting so paranoid about C&G haha but boy.. The funniest part is my trying to get C&G to form a power bloc that would oppose citadel and MK telling me to get f****** on the C&G boards because citadel was who they wanted to be closest to post karma.
hahhhahahahaahahaaahahhaha but seriously that's all true.

worst move: drawing a penis on joque straaap's head back in TCB.

My worst move is probably voting against a GATO protectorate offer back in the early days of OTF. Probably severely hampered the growth of the alliance given that none of us had played the game before and knew how to do anything other than working things out ourself.

Best move is joining Nemesis. It's easy to have fun in an alliance where you know everyone, and I've spent most of my time in CN in OTF. I'm really glad I decided on a change of scene though, and joining Nemesis nearly a year ago now has caused me to meet people I didn't know before, and probably wouldn't have met otherwise. Every Nemesis member, past and present, is someone I'm glad to have talked to and worked with ^_^

Worst Move: Joining TPF for a couple of weeks back in 2007. Needed the change of scene so in that sense it worked out well but it was quite clearly the wrong alliance for me.

Best Move: Proposing and pushing for the OTF-LEN merger to form Silence. I was never all that sure how it would turn out, but it turned out to be better than what I would have hoped for. Shame I wasn't there to see it through to the end but glad I'm back here now. (Re)Joining Silence probably my second best move.

[quote]My worst move is probably voting against a GATO protectorate offer back in the early days of OTF. Probably severely hampered the growth of the alliance given that none of us had played the game before and knew how to do anything other than working things out ourself.[/quote]

I would actually say that was one of our better moves. Nothing against GATO, but I liked the fact we kept our independance and learned on our own, even if it did mean having a negative impact on our growth.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

Never really had any 'bad moves' in the near four years of playing this game pertaining to politics or anything really.

I would say an argument between LM and I, which I regret.

Good moves:
- Helping ONOS become sanctioned and being their MoFA
- Leaving ONOS one month before they were decimated because of something they did to me internally.
- Joining Gremlins and helping run their FA department and helping coordinate policies
- Creating the Ninjas where true equality exists: Mark my words, The Ninjas will be prominent one day.

I would say the biggest mistake would be leaving the game and coming back to see an alliance I loved falling in the dirt. I had to leave the game due to RL reasons, but man I regret it.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Worst: cliche, but, I had this awesome plan to collect taxes before update (defcon 5, no war improvs, all econ) at 5 minutes before update, then pay bills after update since that would be 3 days of no bill paying, and switch everything back by 5 minutes after update. I ended up not being able to purchase improvs because of those 3 days, and thus had no LC's, blowing a hole in my WC, with a net loss (3 days income - 3 days bills), instead of net gain.
Best: Agreeing to help Ogopo and jinger with SLCB. It's been an interesting ride since. Ah crap, I'm just full of cliches.
Best without cliche: Not posting in half of the threads about Stickmen, purple, the war, and 90% of all other threads on the OWF.

[quote name='Mathias' date='09 February 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1265780430' post='2172051']
Worst Move: Not becoming Emperor of IAA when Chimaera stepped down during GATO-1V, which led to our subsequent disbandment.

Best Move: Joining GR after GATO-1V.
[/quote]
THAT WAS YOU??

You NEVER give Junkalunka power! You just ignore him until he goes away and starts his own alliance.

Worst: Not running for High Chancellor of GLOP when I had the chance. I still think that if that alliance had a capable leader we could've kept the 70+ members and grown while maintaining isolation. GLOP could've been something, but alas, it was not to be.

Best: Leaving GLOP, stopping by MCXA for a bit to kill some NADC and then joining the FCC. [img]http://cn-fcc.net/forum/Smileys/default/patriotfccey3.gif[/img]

Edited by chairmanR

Worst: Being both too soft on people and secretive in internal GATO politics waay back in 06. Worst possible combination of creating dissent and doing nothing to eliminate it.

Best: Joining NPO.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='10 February 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1265786495' post='2172269']
accusing Valhalla of spying....learned that there were people that would stand up for what's right in the world..
[/quote]

That sounds incredibly ironic.

Worst: Not trying harder to work past our issues when MK and RoK were still allies, getting RoK involved in the NoCB War and attacking NV/OcUK, signing treaties with GGA and NPO, appointing a triumvirate when I left RoK.

Best: Co-founding Ragnarok, Co-founding Nemesis, helping to build those two alliances into what they are today, pulling RoK out of the CDT, accepting RoK's invitation into SF, signing our first Vanguard treaty, getting over my past hatred of the New Polar Order ... and no, I still don't regret that one. :P

Edited by Van Hoo III

Worst: Posting the Purple Brothers Treaty with the fake title of "Declaration of War" because I was drunk and thought I was terribly clever since war seemed imminent and I thought I'd freak people out. Leaving The Legion

Best: Returning to The Legion and accepting the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='10 February 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1265807991' post='2172514']I would actually say that was one of our better moves. Nothing against GATO, but I liked the fact we kept our independance and learned on our own, even if it did mean having a negative impact on our growth.[/quote]

Could be, I suppose we might have ended up a different alliance if we'd had everything handed to us on a plate rather than the steep learning curve we experienced. Just wonder how big OTF might have been if we were doing $3mil for 100 tech deals at the start rather than passing $10k between us thinking it meant something :D We also wouldn't have lost over 50% of our NS fighting The Cartel ^_^

Best move: Staying when all my friends left.

Worst move: still the novice mistake of forgetting to cycle labor camps and guerrilla camps when I collect taxes - frequently :awesome:

Note: Collecting in nuclear anarchy will of course be much worse - but that's something that I'll do with a purpose and not by frivolous accident.

[quote name='Earogema' date='10 February 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1265792180' post='2172351']
Helping to Found Vox was my best I think.
[/quote]
[quote name='Moridin' date='10 February 2010 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1265792400' post='2172355']
Same.
[/quote]
Same.
Also, founding Atlantis, and spying on Q <3

Worst move? Deleting my nation after the NPO put me on perma ZI. Orrrrrrrr tech dealing with Hyperion.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='10 February 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1265820217' post='2172732']
Best: Co-founding Ragnarok
[/quote]
And that's why joining TORN was my worst game move.

Seriously, I could have had my name on that charter in the "founding members" section. WHY!?

Hands down, best was coming back from quit with Doitzel and Starfox to help found Vox. Most active I've ever been despite having to log on from libraries for a few months, then stealing wireless for a few more. TWiP elevated me from frustrated troll to household name, and helped set change in motion. Met alot of really cool froods that I should probably speak to more often.

Unfortunately, my worsts have been just as public as my best.
First was keeping Purge running in collaboration with TPF after the OP, Comrade Korey, tried to disband rather than take a viceroy. But, it was a sweet post for me while a Hidden GOONS, providing access to TPF's moves for a few months. Topped that whole Purge thing off with a drunken NAZI metaphor directed at DarkMistress over the GPA War.
And then of course Bubblegum War with Zzzptm. It pisses people off for me to say it, but it was a beautiful plan with high risk but high payout. Worst for getting caught.
Unfortunately, both worsts were from my political style, and caused a lot of nationbuilders a lot of stress which I deeply regret even if I can't regret playing the[i] hell [/i]out of this game at the times. I guess I've been my best at my worst.

Worst move: letting sentiment cloud my judgement during the Menotah Incident. Second-worst would be taking danome's DoW on CCC during NoCB so personally that I ended up quitting the game over it a month and a half later (after building up money and sending it out with what was left of my tech).

Best move: Returning to CN. Stopping my "chronic re-roller" phase in TOOL :P Beating the tar out of Ionizer (was also my [i]first[/i] move in CN). Declaring war on Alakran Empire in support of CCC's Les Paul Supreme, who would later become a very active member of that alliance.