What is your worst and best in game move ever

Comrade Korey

I would say that my biggest mistake in CN was not either taking the option to have an "advisor" in Purge or realizing that their trying to take over my forums and IRC channel is illegal. Some people take CN too seriously, go figure. Preferably the latter. If I chose the former then Purge would have gotten independence long ago. It's not all bad though, I was spending too much time on the game anyway. Purge was good times that I miss.

My best is probably either joining NpO or GOLD a long time ago. NpO was a great move because this war is absolutely ridiculous, I have no idea what is going on, and I'm glad to be at the center of it. GOLD was a great move simply because the people in GOLD were awesome. Even though I nuked Czar Aleksander, Mad Mike and Vladimir Stukov II...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst move: Joining a micro-alliance that left me out to be beaten into near ZI by a sadist rouge. Plus, the alliance allowed un-registered people to see more parts of the forum than a registered member (the only thread I could see after my application was approved and logged in was the membership application section).

Best move: Joining an alliance after being nearly ZIed that was actually active, helped/cared about members, and allowed members to help the alliance.

EDIT: Another worst move would be self-anarchying and screwing up my improvement swapping at the same time.

Edited by HHAYD

Best in game move: Leaving FINAL to defend Athens in the noCB war. Still trying to figure out how 2/3 of a trium vote wasnt enough to send FINAL to war as a whole...but oh well.

Worst in game move : Letting AE get out of the AE-FINAL war with no reps, when we held the entire political advantage. Then letting AE get away with not living up to the peace terms they signed because we didnt want to burden our allies with that mess.

Worst moment: A tie between being an emo brat during a sit down with GRE, GR and OG gov at the beginning of the SPW and later stepping down as Minister of Peace instead of trying to be more useful.

Best moment: So many "best" moments. A small list of my favorites: September 19th 2007; helping organize the NADC War; the declaration of war on the Blue Revolution; helping Ivan accept SCM's apology.

Worst move: man that's a long list. Accusing Valhalla of spying is up there (sorry for making everyone go D1...my bad). Falling for Tulak fake couping me 3 years ago comes to mind too (I was 15 years old, give me a freakin break bob sanders). Declaring on Grub when his allies dared me too wasn't that smart either. He kinda wanted to go to war over it...but I guess he's got his war now so it doesn't matter :v:. Those are probably the big 3. I've screwed up a lot now that I think about it. Damn...

Best move: Actually....accusing Valhalla of spying worked out pretty well in the end now that I think about that too. That night really solidified that people were ready and willing to stand up to Q. I distinctly remember Xiph querying me asking if I wanted help in the negotiation channel. I said sure, and he came in. And when he came in, he brought [i]everyone[/i]. and I mean freakin everyone. Alliances from all over bob, some of which that we didn't even know at the time (VE being the most notable iirc) came into that chan to stand up the normal Q diplomatic back channel gang bang. It was beautiful, and part of me thinks it scared NPO a little. So even though it was a dumb move by me, so many good things came of it. We made a lot of great friends that night, GOD being one of them, and we learned that there were people that would stand up for what's right in the world. And eventually, those same people kicked the living crap out of NPO, so that's a plus.

Worst Move: Not protesting loud enough at ODN's govt refusal to march into GW2.

Best move: Maybe some would not see it as the best but it was certainly one of my proudest moments; Joining GATO for the GATO-1V war.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='10 February 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1265775657' post='2171863']
Worst move? Peace terms GW1, and canceling UFO.
[/quote]
Yeah that was a pretty bad time.

My worst move was staying in NPO after the Jarheads War, which was when I should have left really. It would have saved me 3 months of getting blown to hell for an alliance I didn't want to be in or even particularly like anymore out of some misplaced sense of pride.

My best move was taking crazyisraelie's advice and not forming my own alliance, I didn't have nearly enough experience as a leader and it would have ended badly, especially with the charter I had written up, and if I'd done that I never would have joined RIA.