Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='AirMe' date='06 February 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1265467322' post='2164447']
There is no victim complex. Just your side trying to place blame for something that is their doing on someone else.
[/quote]

Ah yes, that's right. C&G (and her chums) were minding their own business, in their quiet little corner of Bob, when all this nonsense just happened along and rolled on top of them.

I guess all the vitriol spewed forth before this war was just joshing, some kind of twisted bar-room banter.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='O-Dog' date='06 February 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1265469382' post='2164514']
Ah yes, that's right. C&G (and her chums) were minding their own business, in their quiet little corner of Bob, when all this nonsense just happened along and rolled on top of them.

I guess all the vitriol spewed forth before this war was just joshing, some kind of twisted bar-room banter.
[/quote]

Pretty much. C&G hadn't entered on any side of the war at that point. As far as I've known over the past couple years, there has never been precedent at all for attacking an alliance because they acted like tools on the forum. And that's even stretching the extent of how C&G was acting.

So, no, TOP had absolutely no justification for their actions, and don't try to pretend they did.

[quote name='Godwin' date='07 February 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1265469757' post='2164523']
Pretty much. C&G hadn't entered on any side of the war at that point. As far as I've known over the past couple years, there has never been precedent at all for attacking an alliance because they acted like tools on the forum. And that's even stretching the extent of how C&G was acting.

So, no, TOP had absolutely no justification for their actions, and don't try to pretend they did.
[/quote]

Do you understand the concept of a pre-emptive strike? Paradoxia and IRON decided to deprive CnG of the first-strike advantage that they would have otherwise given them if they directly entered in defense of NSO and awaited the counter-attack.

Edited by SunnyInc

Wait... does this move mean we have to settle on yet another name for this war? And calling it Great War 4 doesn't settle anything for the people that want to call it GW6 or some other number. We could call it Great War (n+1)...

Polaris, you've got friends and you've got Friends(TM). Make sure you get a good relationship with your Friends(TM) and you won't have to worry about what anyone else says.

[quote name='SunnyInc' date='06 February 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1265470469' post='2164548']
Do you understand the concept of a pre-emptive strike? Paradoxia and IRON decided to deprive CnG of the first-strike advantage that they would have otherwise given them if they directly entered in defense of NSO and awaited the counter-attack.
[/quote]
So let me get this straight. From your point of view this is what would have happened:

1) FOK attacks NpO
2) NSO attacks FOK in defense of NpO
3) R&R, Fark, GOD, Guru Order attack NSO
4) TOP/IRON/etc attack ???
5) CnG attack TOP/IRON/etc in defense of ???

Now let's look at the alliances which attacked NSO:

R&R - SuperFriends/Teen Titans, no treaties with CnG members
Fark - SuperFriends/Teen Titans, no treaties with CnG members
GOD - SuperFriends/Teen Titans, no treaties with CnG members
Guru Order - MDoAP with Fark, no treaties with CnG members

How do you get from 3 SuperFriends alliances and Guro Order to CnG?

Edited by Jerichoholic

Polaris was in a very difficult situation and made a very difficult decision. Some will like, some will not. This type of decisions always have this kind of effect. You had allies on both sides, and you decided to help both, as costly as it will be to you and I deeply respect that.

Good luck on your wars Polaris, may you get out of this difficult situation soon.

[quote name='HellAngel' date='06 February 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1265460023' post='2164289']
You shot yourselves in the foot with this Polaris. No one will ever trust you again.

What are you trying to save with this? The MK MDP?

Thats laughable. We came to your defense and you $%&@ed us.
[/quote]

You really believe this, don't you?

Tell me, how attacking two of Polaris' treaty partners, who were uninvolved in the war and would never attack NpO, is coming to their defense?

Stop playing the victim here.

[quote name='Dujek Onearm' date='06 February 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1265472255' post='2164579']

Tell me, how attacking two of Polaris' treaty partners, who were uninvolved in the war and would never attack NpO, is coming to their defense?

[/quote]

You dont need to believe me. Grub knows very much what i was talking about. Polaris was part of the planning at every instance of it. In fact, the planning very much happened to save Polaris.

That we played into your hands by first-strike attacking CnG and now you can play the victims of this was unfortunate, but at no time were CnG "uninvolved". They werent deployed yet. Thats about it.

Why would they massively sent nations into peacemode if they are only a neutral bystander?
Hah.

[quote name='NickCooley' date='06 February 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1265472974' post='2164601']
This isn't my alliance anymore, it can't be. I'd rather let my nation burn than serve this monstrosity masquerading as Polaris.
[/quote]

The old Polaris is long dead. This new one is sickening.

[quote name='NickCooley' date='06 February 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1265472974' post='2164601']
This isn't my alliance anymore, it can't be. I'd rather let my nation burn than serve this monstrosity masquerading as Polaris.
[/quote]

And yet the general membership must be labelled as traitors and turncoats for the lies of one man. Well done on getting out.

[quote name='Dujek Onearm' date='06 February 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1265472255' post='2164579']

[/quote]
If it wasn't helping them, why did Grub rubber stamp our declaration of war before we declared? If they knew it was going to put them in a difficult position, then they should have said so and we wouldn't have attacked. Grub gave us the go ahead to declare and gave his word that he wouldn't uphold the treaties.

[ooc]It appears that Grub is now going out with a bang. No way does he expect anyone to take him seriously after this. This is most likely an attempt at burning himself and his alliance into the ground on his way out of the game. If I were in Polaris, I would strongly reconsider my position in those plans.

Good job polaris! You shot your own buddy on purpose when the tried to help you!

1. \m/ attacked Forces of Annihilation.
2. AlmightyGrub, the leader of NpO, decides to attack \m/ just because he disliked them.
3. TOP comes around and says, "O hai there buddy!" to NpO and attacks C&G union since TOP was expecting C&G union to attack. NpO authorized the attack on C&G.
4. NpO and \m/ agrees on white peace just as TOP and IRON launches their attack.
5. Crap happens, war burns even more as more alliances join each side.
6. NpO tells to TOP, "-bleep- you, I R GONNA JOIN C&G CUZ THEY WERE MA BUDDIES!'

I seriously doubt you are going to gain new allies or friends since everyone now knows that you are willing to backstab people.

Edited by HHAYD

Man, I gotta give you credit for this one Grub. I think you've actually made the New Pacific Order the less hated Order.

Lets assume there are 4 Orders(though TOP doesn't usually consider itself one, and I'm not including other alliances that have order in their new, e.g. Big top)

I used to say the hatred was

1. NPO
2. NSO
3. TOP
4. NpO

Now, It's a crapshoot.

[quote name='Dilber' date='06 February 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1265474113' post='2164635']
Man, I gotta give you credit for this one Grub. I think you've actually made the New Pacific Order the less hated Order.

Lets assume there are 4 Orders(though TOP doesn't usually consider itself one, and I'm not including other alliances that have order in their new, e.g. Big top)

I used to say the hatred was

1. NPO
2. NSO
3. TOP
4. NpO

Now, It's a crapshoot.
[/quote]
Indeed:

Two-four years ago: NPO was hated for various naughty actions
Last year: NSO was hated for insulting neutral alliances, attempted to poach their members, and being a total jerk to everyone else.
This year: TOP was hated for attacking C&G right after NpO and \m/ declared white peace.
Today: NpO is hated for backstabbing their buddy twice in a row and being a total jerk.

[quote name='Wabooz' date='06 February 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1265471557' post='2164566']
...---...I just hope that TOP can handle our sole attacker...---...
[/quote]

You do realize that your Emperor, whom you support by being a part of your alliance, posted this standing DoW against TOP, right?

Tell me, how is this a laughing matter in your view?

[quote name='HellAngel' date='06 February 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1265472908' post='2164599']

Why would they massively sent nations into peacemode if they are only a neutral bystander?
Hah.
[/quote]

I never said CnG was going to be neutral. I said CnG was uninvolved at that moment. Perhaps we would join the conflict in another front or perhaps peace would be reached before that (the most likely outcome hadn't you attacked us).

So yeah, this was never about coming into Polaris defense. Your moves were all about trying to attack CnG in a opportunistic way, because you saw us as a threat to you, as you have stated a few times since the war started.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 February 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1265474556' post='2164656']
Indeed:

Two-four years ago: NPO was hated for various naughty actions
Last year: NSO was hated for insulting neutral alliances, attempted to poach their members, and being a total jerk to everyone else.
This year: TOP was hated for attacking C&G right after NpO and \m/ declared white peace.
Today: NpO is hated for [b]backstabbing their buddy[/b] twice in a row and being a total jerk.
[/quote]
which buddy is that ??

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='06 February 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1265474693' post='2164659']
You do realize that your Emperor, whom you support by being a part of your alliance, posted this standing DoW against TOP, right?

Tell me, how is this a laughing matter in your view?
[/quote]
Tell me, how is this not one big joke?
I think it is and, if you don't think it's silly that's fine, but we'll have to leave it at that. Cheers

[quote name='NickCooley' date='06 February 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1265472974' post='2164601']
This isn't my alliance anymore, it can't be.[b] I'd rather let my nation burn[/b] than serve this monstrosity masquerading as Polaris.
[/quote]

What a coincidence! :awesome: