Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TWP Fowler2006' date='02 February 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1265140428' post='2153699']
Sorry, but your way of thinking is quite narrow
[/quote]

So you would rather be entangled within the treaty web, rather than having 5, 6, 7, even 10 alliances that each and every single alliance could call a friend, know where they stand, know what page they're on, etc. etc.?

Maybe your attitude explains a lot about your alliance.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1265142184' post='2153751']
So you would rather be entangled within the treaty web, rather than having 5, 6, 7, even 10 alliances that each and every single alliance could call a friend, know where they stand, know what page they're on, etc. etc.?

Maybe your attitude explains a lot about your alliance.
[/quote]

We'd rather not have 'allies' that would entangle us in a treaty web.

[quote name='zoskia' date='02 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1265139603' post='2153677']

As for GOD, our obvious intention is to find a way to get white peace for an important ally of us, the NSO. We actually have no interest in destroying GOD, nor we are looking forward to "win" the war... we simply wanna finish it as soon as possible, both for us and the NSO.

[/quote]

With all due respect, I don't believe you ever intended to "win the war".

[quote]

We didn't choose the "sides" of this war... and we are trying to help one of the "sides" to win. Take it for granted that if the war finished right now Polaris would be happier.

[/quote]

It was well within your power at the time to choose the sides and to carry the war on to a successful conclusion. It honestly doesn't give us much comfort that every second statement coming from up North is how quickly you want to end this war.

Sometimes you make choices. This treaty could not stand. It was tested a number of times and it was just not possible to continue. Similarly, to believe my alliance could hold a treaty with STA given the political atmosphere last month is naive at best. It's better to face reality.

First and foremost, before letting my lesser self delve into the muck of this thread, I would like to say that Rok has been as good of an ally as GOD could ever ask for and that [b]anyone[/b] being canceled on by them should take a good hard look at themselves and thinking about exactly what it is they did wrong.

[quote name='trance addict' date='02 February 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1265141547' post='2153727']
Your really pushing the fact that NpO had an obligation to speak with GOD about finding peace. Here's some thoughts on that...

1) Ask the general consense of how easy it was to speak with GOD about acheiveing peace during the Karma War - particulariy the fine folks in Echelon, ask them how Diplomatic GOD was willing to be.
[/quote]
Right, we're so hard to get along with which [b]is why we were trying our damnedest to get white peace for NSO.[/b] Quit lying.

[quote]
3) So based on the logic that Polar should have asked GOD to declare peace B4 Polar declared war on them, then going forth the new manner in which wars shall be declared on Bob will be... you hate someone so approach all your allies, and their allies, and potential allies to ensure that if you hit X alliance on X day every one will be cool with that? I mean OPSEC should be spinning in its grave at the moment.
[/quote]
If Polar gave the slighest bit of a crap about NSO getting peace they would have engaged in negotiations with Fark to try to get them to commit to the white peace agreement which [b]GOD had put forth of our own volition.[/b] Polar is attacking us to try to get a different alliance to give peace. This isn't about relieving pressure from NSO, either, we're at war with less than 10% of NSO's nations. AlmightySponge wants to settle an old grudge with Xiphosis and that's that.

[quote name='Famzy' date='02 February 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1265142971' post='2153765']
[/quote]

And yet you do have allies that clearly entangle you in a treaty web, and you yourself willingly (or willfully) entangle yourselves.

[quote name='Affluenza' date='02 February 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1265142088' post='2153746']

Keep trying? War in this situation should always and I mean always the last option.

Now NpO's allies will now be burdened by having to go out to bat for you...

Xiphosis is not going to have mercy...
[/quote]

To be honest, as far as I can tell, his reputation as a horrible, evil tyrant that will bleed people dry is not yet well deserved. Not to mention, it'll probably be more than one person making decisions about this front.

[quote name='Voytek' date='02 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1265140510' post='2153702']
What makes you so sure diplomacy hasn't already been tried?
[/quote]
I don't know what makes him so sure, but I'm so sure because none of you came to talk to us.

[quote name='Famzy' date='02 February 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1265142971' post='2153765']
[/quote]
I await your withdrawal from SF with interest. (Or more likely, someone saying that you didn't actually mean what you posted here.)

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1265143460' post='2153781']
I await your withdrawal from SF with interest. (Or more likely, someone saying that you didn't actually mean what you posted here.)
[/quote]

I think we can all agree thath that was a silly thing to say. :lol1:

[quote name='KaitlinK' date='02 February 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1265143662' post='2153792']
While Polar's (Grub's) recent actions have made this necessary, I echo SpiderJ and Jericoholic's sentiments.

I have to say Polar has some pretty damn fine members. I wish you well in the future.
[/quote]

Thanks.
I actually expect to see a new NpO-RoK treaty in the near future (like in a month or two... it's obviously not going to happen during this war, but I'm sure Polaris doesn't hate RoK either... and we have nothing against you).

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='02 February 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1265143453' post='2153779']
To be honest, as far as I can tell, his reputation as a horrible, evil tyrant that will bleed people dry is not yet well deserved. Not to mention, it'll probably be more than one person making decisions about this front.
[/quote]

iirc GOD has always been prepared for an eventual NpO attack...

I also heard white peace was on the table for NSO...I think that idea will now definately be shelved entirely. Alliances that enter in "support" usually get off with white peace. I don't see why GOD would have imposed terms and stuff on NSO.

Just my opinion ofcourse.

Edited by Affluenza

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='02 February 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1265143453' post='2153779']
[/quote]

It's quite wrong I can assure you. Xi is a fairly easy person to understand so long as you keep one thing in mind. If you screw with a friend of his, he punches you in the face...hard...with a brick...multiple times.