Ragnarok Announcement

[quote name='Snowbeast' date='02 February 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1265136750' post='2153548']
This had to be done. Why have a treaty with someone who attacks your allies not once but twice? Not to mention they've done it a couple times to other alliances.
[/quote]

Hard not to attack anyone on that side since some are treatied to so many alliances. Thing is if alliance sign so many treaties, what are they really worth? Having so many treaties just brings you that much closer to war and possible circumstances like this. Nobody, can declare on anybody because its an ally of an ally nonsense.

[quote name='elborrador' date='02 February 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1265137002' post='2153563']
expected.

its unfortunate an honorable alliance like RoK is supporting alliances like \m/ and GOD, but best of luck out there RoK.
[/quote]

This ^.

The first slap in the face was thrown by RoK. Considering the history Polar had with \m/, I'm surprised to see no one gave RoK any flak for signing a treaty with \m/.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoo isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be, we're in a society where we'll cry. Then cry about crying. Then cry about the crying over the initial crying. This leads to obesity and excessive ice cream consumption on the couch watching something moronic like Titanic.

Compared to some of the people some of you once mindlessly hailed, he is just another ordinary leader. Plus, he is easy to talk to, or at least, for me he his.

Sad to see the treaty being canceled, but I will just say here that I understand Polaris' decision in defending NSO, NSO is an ally and they are in no way, as far as I am concerned, connected to GOD -- even if it's an ally of an ally.

Choose your treaties wisely, people.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
Not really surprising. SF and C&G have made their choice and that's to stick with each other, and if another ally comes into conflict with that it's clear which way the dice will fall. Polar tested that this week and we've all seen the results.
[/quote]
sorry bob, but you are completely off, Rok's reasoning here had nothing to do with C&G, RoK would'nt tolerate an attack on another SF member regardless of the other alliances involved on either side

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
Not really surprising. SF and C&G have made their choice and that's to stick with each other, and if another ally comes into conflict with that it's clear which way the dice will fall. Polar tested that this week and we've all seen the results.
[/quote]
No offense Bob but you are a bit off on this one. GOD and Ragnarok share membership in SuperFriends. Ive heard that SuperFriends is quite close. Polar attacked a SuperFriend and RoK felt like this justified them canceling. If any of my allies attacked a member of Complaints & Grievances you can count on the fact that Vanguard would no longer call them an ally.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1265136352' post='2153523']

Do not think this was an easy decision for us.
[/quote]

Just once, I'd like to see someone say "You've screwed us too many times. This cancelation was really an easy decision for us", in a cancellation announcement.

Ya ya ya, I'm sure it's happened to the lolptional defense network. Trolls preempted.

Ragnarok: Good call. Can't wait to see you in the fight with us!

edit: don't need that huge picture, as nice as it is.

Edited by Louis Balfour

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='03 February 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1265137928' post='2153620']
I agree.

As much as they might have liked each other, RoK and NpO being who they are and them being allied to who they are, this treaty just doesn't seem like it could've lasted.
[/quote]

We sure did give it one hell of a try. Ragnarok and Polaris, started off on a very, very, very bad ground with each other, when Ragnarok was formed.

From that inauspicious beginning to being friends to being allied to them by way of an MDoAP, was something that spoke volumes for the good that is Polaris that very few were willing to believe in, but which Ragnarok saw and knew first hand due to the many government and member level friendships between the two. Ties that last even today. As i said earlier, this is a sad day.

Don't be a stranger Polaris.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='02 February 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1265137853' post='2153615']
You arent missing much ;)
[/quote]

Stop hatin and start smoking dude

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='02 February 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1265137859' post='2153617']
This whole war scenario was just an incredibly elaborate joke to set up the announcement of an NpO-RoK MADP- you heard it here first.
[/quote]

Damn, you got us

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1265138162' post='2153626']
Common sense would tell you that they had a great desire to remain friends considering it took two attacks on direct allies before this treaty was cancelled and it would also tell you that they feel it might be a relationship worth rebuilding once this mess is cleaned up

I know this must have been hard RoK but your hand was forced.
[/quote]

See, common sense is telling me the opposite. I never said it wasn't a hard decision, but don't tell me RoK wants to remain friends with NpO. I don't take lying very well.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 February 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1265137842' post='2153613']
Or, ya know, the fact that ROK has treaties with \m/ and GOD, and the fact that Polaris put them into a precarious situation...

Seriously, the most regrettable thing out of all of this, from my perspective, was ROK signing that treaty with \m/. That is just my own insight and I have nothing against \m/, but I love ROK too much to see crap like [i]that[/i] happen.
[/quote]
dont' take what i said to harshly, i still like RoK and its unfortunate that this had to happen. I won't comment on the things we've done except to say this, i regret that RoK got caught in the crossfire, but i personally believe we did the right thing.

understandable decision is understandable :(

[quote name='neneko' date='02 February 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1265138243' post='2153629']
No response to why it's wrong to attack an ally of an ally yet?
[/quote]

Maybe those allies, if they were true allies, wouldn't sign treaties with others that make no sense to anyone. MK would do well if they took a good hard look at every single one of their treaties and cancelled a good 50% of them.

So try harder.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1265136500' post='2153531']
you don't wish to remain friends. Stop lying.
[/quote]

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1265137049' post='2153568']
I'll tell you what.. if RoK is true that they wish to remain friends, and they don't come in in 48 hours (or whenever) to attack NpO, or to attack NSO, then I'll apologize.

Until then, don't try to feed me !@#$ and tell me it's ice cream.
[/quote]
Werent you just buying the SF Kool-aid a bit ago.

Hoo knowing you and SF leaders this comes as no surprise. While it was a difficult decision no one can blame you. Good luck RoK and Polaris after this war is over i say we cancell all treaties and have a huge bonfire then start over :lol1:

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='02 February 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1265138871' post='2153651']
Werent you just buying the SF Kool-aid a bit ago.

Hoo knowing you and SF leaders this comes as no surprise. While it was a difficult decision no one can blame you. Good luck RoK and Polaris after this war is over i say we cancell all treaties and have a huge bonfire then start over :lol1:
[/quote]

And I voiced publicly and privately that RoK was signing treaties that I felt were stupid and unnecessary. Regardless of what side I happen to be on, my opinions and my actions remain the same. Why would they change simply because I'm on another side? That would be hypocritical.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1265138718' post='2153646']
See, common sense is telling me the opposite. I never said it wasn't a hard decision, but don't tell me RoK wants to remain friends with NpO. I don't take lying very well.
[/quote]

Yes man, they want. Be friends not necessarily means that we need to have a treaty or be in the same side of war, be respectful with our former allies please.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1265138820' post='2153650']
Maybe those allies, if they were true allies, wouldn't sign treaties with others that make no sense to anyone. MK would do well if they took a good hard look at every single one of their treaties and cancelled a good 50% of them.

So try harder.
[/quote]
Wich of the two allies of RoK you attacked would it be that makes 'no sense'? I'd say both have proven themselves to be good allies.

This thread is not about MK (or c&g for that matter).

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1265138328' post='2153633']
This ^.

The first slap in the face was thrown by RoK. Considering the history Polar had with \m/, I'm surprised to see no one gave RoK any flak for signing a treaty with \m/.
[/quote]

RoK extending its alliance with Bel Air to its successor is hardly a "slap in the face".

[quote name='D34th' date='02 February 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1265138963' post='2153654']
Yes man, they want. Be friends not necessarily means that we need to have a treaty or be in the same side of war, be respectful with our former allies please.
[/quote]

Until a time that my opinions are proven false, then no. I've stated I will apologize if they do not attack NpO or NSO during this war and show they truly do wish to remain friends.

So, we'll just wait and see.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='02 February 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1265139044' post='2153657']
It was unavoidable really. If grub truly wanted peace for NSO and wished to not insult RoK he would have gone and talked to GOD before declaring war. That just shows a huge amount of disrespect towards RoK.

Best of luck Hoo.
[/quote]
In all fairness witht the relationship between xiph and grub that wouldnt be an easy route either. While Hoo was definatly in a tough spot Grub had his own !@#$e sandwich to deal with. He chose NSO, RoK chose GOD both imo were probably the right choice. IMO this whole stinking war is stupid but it has brought some life back to the game but has definatly put strains across the web on both sides.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1265138955' post='2153652']
And I voiced publicly and privately that RoK was signing treaties that I felt were stupid and unnecessary. Regardless of what side I happen to be on, my opinions and my actions remain the same. Why would they change simply because I'm on another side? That would be hypocritical.
[/quote]

While I believe any alliance has the right to sign treaties this war has shown me at least how detrimental it can be to have too many treaties. If anything it seems better to be paperless now with treaties being rare, and with those who alliances truely feel they can trust.

I'm sure this was a difficult thing to do, RoK, and I admire the patience you've shown, not to mention the restraint.

As for Bob Janova, I think it was more the Polar directly attacking a SF member, rather than RoK picking between NpO and CnG.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='02 February 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1265138365' post='2153635']
Hoo isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be, we're in a society where we'll cry. Then cry about crying. Then cry about the crying over the initial crying. This leads to obesity and excessive ice cream consumption on the couch watching something moronic like Titanic.

Compared to some of the people some of you once mindlessly hailed, he is just another ordinary leader. Plus, he is easy to talk to, or at least, for me he his.
[/quote]

I agree. Hoo is one of the most chill dudes I've happened to run across in all of Planet Bob. If you honestly spend ten minutes talking to the dude and come away thinking he's some sort of !@#$%^&, you're trying too hard.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='02 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1265139254' post='2153664']
In all fairness witht the relationship between xiph and grub that wouldnt be an easy route either. While Hoo was definatly in a tough spot Grub had his own !@#$e sandwich to deal with. He chose NSO, RoK chose GOD both imo were probably the right choice. IMO this whole stinking war is stupid but it has brought some life back to the game but has definatly put strains across the web on both sides.
[/quote]

There's no reason for that route to not be an easy one. GOD was already offering peace to NSO and trying to get everyone else to as well. FARK was the one holding up the peace process, and instead of attacking or even talking to FARK, he attacked GOD. The same GOD that was trying to help NSO. To not have the decency to just talk to the people over the reason you're going to war before doing so is rash and is a slap in the face of RoK.

There didn't have to be tough choices, Grub could have talked with GOD and possibly then not have had to declare war. He didn't value RoK enough to even attempt that.