Ragnarok Announcement

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265151642' post='2153999']
RoK has been allied to RAD, Bel Air, and RageCo (all now collectively called \m/) since the day they each were founded. Not that it matters to us, but those friendships do pre-date our friendship with Polar.
[/quote]

And NSO/Ivan predates friendships with just about anyone... so why is everyone getting on Polars case about supporting NSO.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1265152052' post='2154015']
And NSO/Ivan predates friendships with just about anyone... so why is everyone getting on Polars case about supporting NSO.
[/quote]

Because this (and the attack on \m/) was avoidable ... as I stated in the OP.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1265152052' post='2154015']
[/quote]
I love how everyone on your "side" of the argument can only point out how NSO and Polar are great friends so their actions are explainable. So to answer your question, open your eyes and see the circumstances around polar's decision instead of just oversimplifying the issue to a simple yes/no or good/bad

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1265152364' post='2154024']
[/quote]

Because Polar should just have taken a slur upon their Emperor right. It would be interesting to know what \m/ allies did if anything to mediate that. A major reprimand? Not really since you kept your treaty with \m/ even after they threw out slurs at one of your allies. So here again we get to where choices are being made. Polar chose to stand by their ally NSO and you are choosing to stand with your slurring ally in \m/.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1265152364' post='2154024']
[/quote]

If you did a better job, .. actually, if you would even start to police the actions of the misfit !@#$%^& alliances you like to protect and ultimately treaty with, then none of this would have happened.

But you're too worried about being mr. popular to ruffle a few feathers and actually tell people to $%&@ off with their !@#$%^&*, when they just so happen to be your protectorates or treaty partners.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='03 February 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1265152364' post='2154024']
[/quote]

EDIT:

Stupid mistake, maybe I should actually read the treaties in question next time.

Edited by popsumpot

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1265152886' post='2154042']
Because Polar should just have taken a slur upon their Emperor right. It would be interesting to know what \m/ allies did if anything to mediate that. A major reprimand? Not really since you kept your treaty with \m/ even after they threw out slurs and one of your allies. So here again we get to where choices are being made. Polar chose to stand by one of their ally NSO and you are choosing to stand with your slurring ally in \m/.
[/quote]

Actually, yes. I get called names all the time, yet you don't see RoK at war over it. On top of that, the war wasn't declared over the slur.

As far as mediation goes ... I was there. There was an offer on the table that \m/ was considering, but they were declared on less than 24 hours after the offer was made.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1265152917' post='2154043']
If you did a better job, .. actually, if you would even start to police the actions of the misfit !@#$%^& alliances you like to protect and ultimately treaty with, then none of this would have happened.

But you're too worried about being mr. popular to ruffle a few feathers and actually tell people to $%&@ off with their !@#$%^&*, when they just so happen to be your protectorates or treaty partners.
[/quote]

We're their allies, not their parents. I have no interest in policing the world, AJ. \m/ are fully aware of our displeasure with them over the raid and the racial slurs in their channel. They have assure me that things will be different from here on out. If that is not the case, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Lastly, I will ignore the rest of you post because, while most people can't stand you, I actually think better of you and know that you are better than that.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1265152917' post='2154043']

[/quote]

It's funny, because NSO went around threatening alliances with a one-on-one war and the such. Oh, but right, NSO knows best, right? Remember GOONS? Yea, NpO has a treaty with them, yet they went out and had a blast tech raiding. Remember that treaty NpO held with Pacifica for the [i]longest[/i] time?

You clearly can make a better argument than that.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1265153271' post='2154060']

We're their allies, not their parents. I have no interest in policing the world, AJ. \m/ are fully aware of our displeasure with them over the raid and the racial slurs in their channel. They have assure me that things will be different from here on out. If that is not the case, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Lastly, I will ignore the rest of you post because, while most people can't stand you, I actually think better of you and know that you are better than that.
[/quote]

I like your assumptions, both of which are wrong, and I don't claim to be better than anything. If I think it needs to be said to you, I will say it, even if you don't want to hear it.

You have continually protected and ultimately signed treaties with alliances that were beyond questionable. It may not be your job to police the world, and quite frankly I'm glad it's not because you don't do a damned thing other than try to appease everybody, but it is your job as the leader of RoK to do better by your alliance and your legitimately good treaty partners, than to sign treaties with any misfit !@#$%^& that comes crawling your way.

Saying "please don't do that, please?" isn't going to change anything. Man up, grab some of your treaty partners by the balls, and lay down the !@#$@#$ law. Your nice guy schtick needs an upgrade.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='02 February 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1265153255' post='2154059']
Most of this war was avoidable. FOK! escalating the conflict through a non-chaining clause was avoidable.

In fact, Ragnarok honouring their treaty with Polar was avoidable.[/quote]

We don't have a treaty with FOK, but yes, I agree that their escalation was avoidable.

Polar were made aware that we would not be coming to their defense for their unprovoked attack on our ally.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1265152886' post='2154042']
Because Polar should just have taken a slur upon their Emperor right. It would be interesting to know what \m/ allies did if anything to mediate that. A major reprimand? Not really since you kept your treaty with \m/ even after they threw out slurs at one of your allies. So here again we get to where choices are being made. Polar chose to stand by their ally NSO and you are choosing to stand with your slurring ally in \m/.
[/quote]
Yes, because we're all terrible people and those verbal attacks were made by our government.

You people start sounding worse and worse every day. I don't know about you, but false calls of "RACIST" especially when they aren't true, are pretty damn bad too.

And yes, there was a major reprimand. It was from \m/ gov.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 February 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1265153560' post='2154067']
It's funny, because NSO went around threatening alliances with a one-on-one war and the such. Oh, but right, NSO knows best, right? Remember GOONS? Yea, NpO has a treaty with them, yet they went out and had a blast tech raiding. Remember that treaty NpO held with Pacifica for the [i]longest[/i] time?

You clearly can make a better argument than that.
[/quote]

NSO was stupid for what they did. If you'll recall, I continually called them out on their !@#$%^&* at the time, and if they did it again tomorrow, I'd call them out on it tomorrow. The rest of your post makes no sense.

[edit:] And I still don't think very highly of NSO, but I do have respect for Ivan, who always cuts to the chase when he's speaking.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1265153271' post='2154060']
As far as mediation goes ... I was there. There was an offer on the table that \m/ was considering, but they were declared on less than 24 hours after the offer was made.
[/quote]

Rediculous I know. I would expect at least a full month for diplomacy. Especially since you guys just got out of a war a month ago that was resolved in this 24 hour diplomatic timetable. Oh wait, Rok doesn't give diplomacy a chance in the first place, so really your point is irrelevant.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1265152886' post='2154042']
[/quote]

Oh come off. God forbid we can't all be big kids and suck up taking a few racial slurs. You all have obviously never been on various video game channels [OOC: Xbox Live]. That and the fact that it was \m/'s channel and although using such language is deplorable, you can do whatever you want with your channel, and the rest of us will do what we want with ours. Sorry the world isn't perfect.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='03 February 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1265153592' post='2154069']
We don't have a treaty with FOK, but yes, I agree that their escalation was avoidable.

Polar were made aware that we would not be coming to their defense for their unprovoked attack on our ally.
[/quote]

Yeah, my mistake, fixed it in the edit.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='03 February 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1265153719' post='2154076']
Oh come off. God forbid we can't all be big kids and suck up taking a few racial slurs. You all have obviously never been on various video game channels [OOC: Xbox Live]. That and the fact that it was \m/'s channel and although using such language is deplorable, you can do whatever you want with your channel, and the rest of us will do what we want with ours. Sorry the world isn't perfect.
[/quote]

I really don't see how you could tell someone to "suck up the racial slurs".

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1265153659' post='2154073']
NSO was stupid for what they did. If you'll recall, I continually called them out on their !@#$%^&* at the time, and if they did it again tomorrow, I'd call them out on it tomorrow. The rest of your post makes no sense.
[/quote]

I'll spell it out for you.

NSO: You admit they were idiots for what they were doing.
GOONS: You hold a treaty with them. They were involved with that whole tech raiding spiel, but nothing happened to them (a stern looking perhaps?).
Past Treaties: NpO has been treatied to [b]many[/i] alliances that have done deplorable things, but what alliance hasn't?

You actively called out Hoo because RoK didn't parent \m/, yet NpO never parented NSO et al. Interesting how an argument can be two-sided... who would have thunk it.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='02 February 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1265153880' post='2154083']
I really don't see how you could tell someone to "suck up the racial slurs".
[/quote][img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/crybaby.gif[/img]

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones"?

Edited by Snowbeast

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 February 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1265153719' post='2154076']
[/quote]

So you wouldn't mind NpO doing what it wants with its military and smashing \m/ into a smoking crater would you?