Ragnarok Announcement

[quote name='Tautology' date='03 February 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1265156360' post='2154167']
You are wrong. Alfred von Tirpitz resigned from Ragnarok government on January 16th. Emperor Grub made his declaration on \m/ on January 21st.

I'm glad Alfred's back in RoK. :wub:
[/quote]

I do not mind being wrong about such.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1265152917' post='2154043']
If you did a better job, .. actually, if you would even start to police the actions of the misfit !@#$%^& alliances you like to protect and ultimately treaty with, then none of this would have happened.

But you're too worried about being mr. popular to ruffle a few feathers and actually tell people to $%&@ off with their !@#$%^&*, when they just so happen to be your protectorates or treaty partners.
[/quote]

O.K... which one is the need to post like that here?

I'm reading the Polar forums and nobody is actually blaming RoK. You joined Polaris exactly 2 weeks ago... try to get used to the style of your new Alliance, we don't speak to RoK like that.
I feel the need to apologize for you.
First time I do this stuff! :mad:

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1265152364' post='2154024']
Because this (and the attack on \m/) was avoidable ... as I stated in the OP.
[/quote]

\m/ and Polaris have been able to find a solution to their problems, it's over. I don't think the attack was a mistake given the circumstances... and the white peace wasn't a mistake either. I don't think the relations between \m/ and Polaris are tense right now.

And GOD... we are simply defending the NSO. It's not really our plan to destroy GOD, we don't really have something against GOD, I'm quite sure that the NSO doesn't have something against GOD either... and the sooner this war finishes, the better for us. Polaris always liked the wars in which we fight for something in which we actually believe... right now we are in the middle of a war that hardly makes sense (this is certainly not the \m/ vs. Polaris war... and it's impossible to blame either \m/ or Polaris for the current war as it is. It's pretty obvious that some Alliances wanted to go on with the war).

Anyway... I hope to see you and Grub signing something again in the future (a treaty!). We actually happen to like RoK. :(

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1265136500' post='2153531']
Oh just what we need, treaties that hand over more Sovereign Rights of an alliance to other alliances. Are you and the others that might agree with you really that big of control freaks or just misguided?
[/quote]
All treaties that contain compulsive clauses hand over the Sovereign Rights (lol, we're capitalizing it now?) of the signatories.

[quote name='zoskia' date='02 February 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1265159177' post='2154226']
And GOD... we are simply defending the NSO. It's not really our plan to destroy GOD, we don't really have something against GOD, I'm quite sure that the NSO doesn't have something against GOD either... and the sooner this war finishes, the better for us. Polaris always liked the wars in which we fight for something in which we actually believe... right now we are in the middle of a war that hardly makes sense (this is certainly not the \m/ vs. Polaris war... and it's impossible to blame either \m/ or Polaris for the current war as it is. It's pretty obvious that some Alliances wanted to go on with the war).
[/quote]

What they are saying is that GOD was trying to give NSO white peace, so that entire front could have been averted completely... if I read what they meant correctly.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='03 February 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1265159288' post='2154228']
All treaties that contain compulsive clauses hand over the Sovereign Rights (lol, we're capitalizing it now?) of the signatories.
[/quote]

For clarity, that was my quote not AJ's and yes I am capitalizing it. It is important to me. Thank you for pointing out what you just pointed out. Guess we can put it on the list.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='03 February 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1265159288' post='2154228']
[/quote]

uhh.. I never said what you quoted me as saying.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='03 February 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1265155803' post='2154160']
I wonder if Polar gets the memo that !@#$@#$ with allies bloc partners isn't okay now? :smug:
[/quote]

I wonder if Polar would ever allow GOD to dictate its own foreign policy. The allies of my ally are NOT my ally, they are his. This whole nonsense is exactly that. Hoo is completely within his rights to cancel the treaty, it makes me sad, but I am not allowing you, \m/ or any other member of SF to dictate what I can and can not do.

I no longer have a treaty with your bloc, so be it. If I no longer have links to all the other !@#$%* blocs that consider their treaties with each other superior to all others, then that is fine too. No bloc will ever dictate the way we do things, unless it is our own and we are not interested in forming another one.

Your pack mentality politics is what allowed previous situations to exist and what will allow them to continue.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1265159804' post='2154241']
I wonder if Polar would ever allow GOD to dictate its own foreign policy. The allies of my ally are NOT my ally, they are his. This whole nonsense is exactly that. Hoo is completely within his rights to cancel the treaty, it makes me sad, but I am not allowing you, \m/ or any other member of SF to dictate what I can and can not do.

I no longer have a treaty with your bloc, so be it. If I no longer have links to all the other !@#$%* blocs that consider their treaties with each other superior to all others, then that is fine too. No bloc will ever dictate the way we do things, unless it is our own and we are not interested in forming another one.

Your pack mentality politics is what allowed previous situations to exist and what will allow them to continue.
[/quote]
And your complete disregard for the feelings of any of the people you are allied to is exactly the type of attitude that allowed the former regime to cast off allies to the wolves any time it was inconvenient.

We can play this game all day.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1265154701' post='2154128']
Unprovoked? Seriously? That is how you see slurs on one of your allies? So I'm guessing that so called reprimand and letting them know your displeasure was more like... "oh you silly guys, don't do it again or I'll make a meaner frown next time."

RAD/IS/Belair/\m/ have been all about stirring up trouble. The reason you like keeping them around is to be able to use their reckless behavior to get into wars if things get too boring? I dunno why else you would keep them around, just sayin :smug:
[/quote]
Fernando12, while the majority of the former alliances RAD, IS and Bel Air have joined \m/ when their alliances rolled up that does not mean \m/ is simply a continuation of these alliances, many of \m/'s members are not from those alliances, our goals are far different than those alliances.

Frankly, you seem more butthurt with \m/-NpO events and conclusion of said events than members of NpO. What gives?

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='03 February 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1265159804' post='2154241']

[/quote]

Just to set the record straight, \m/ is not trying to dictate anything to NpO, nor are we members of SF nor are we part of any bloc.

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='02 February 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1265137169' post='2153577']
How are you VE?
[/quote]

Personally, I'm wondering if there's a single one of our allies not being shot at, trolled, or both, today.

But other than that, it's always a good time for energetic and hardworking alliances to move to Green!

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='03 February 2010 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1265159532' post='2154234']
uhh.. I never said what you quoted me as saying.
[/quote]

I already claimed that which he quoted. I am not sure why he quoted it to you rather then to me.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='03 February 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1265159804' post='2154241']

[/quote]

Now these are words I can get behind.

I am not big on Crusades but if anything is worth it in my opinion then protecting the Sovereign Rights of alliances from the growing mob mentality is one of those important enough issues.

[quote name='Skibum56' date='03 February 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1265161305' post='2154287']
I understand the reasoning behind it. I would of done it too. Lately my respect for Polaris has dropped below 0. Classy as always Rok!

o/ RoK
o/ Hoo
[/quote]

Lately my respect for ODN hasn't reached 0, considering where it was when we started it is probably a long way to go to get there.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1265161483' post='2154290']
Lately my respect for ODN hasn't reached 0, considering where it was when we started it is probably a long way to go to get there.
[/quote]

It's so oddly adorable watching ODN talk trash. Like watching a dog drive a car.

[quote name='Skibum56' date='02 February 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1265161691' post='2154300']
Grub don't get me wrong. I like you and being a former polar and RoK this announcment tears me. Grub, polaris is a good group of guys. Just chill for a bit and things will get better.
[/quote]

Haha, you just told him that you had zero respect for his alliance and now you're all, "Oh hey chill, dude! Polaris is great!" Way to stand your ground, tough guy.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1265161483' post='2154290']
[/quote]

Are you implying that your respect has gone up? Or has gone down? I don't understand where you are going with this statement.

I think you were trying to make a funny, but If ODN started with "negative respect", you would be gaining respect as you approached 0 :P

Yeah, my calc limit experience is paying off somewhere :awesome:

lol@grub

[quote name='Pearl' date='03 February 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1265162810' post='2154313']
Are you implying that your respect has gone up? Or has gone down? I don't understand where you are going with this statement.

I think you were trying to make a funny, but If ODN started with "negative respect", you would be gaining respect as you approached 0 :P

Yeah, my calc limit experience is paying off somewhere :awesome:

lol@grub
[/quote]

Wow, way to kill the vibe...

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='02 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1265151436' post='2153988']
Despite what you may think, attacking an ally of an ally is not and has never been common. I actually personally can't recall another time when that's happened, and I've been here for quite a while.
[/quote]

It happened before. Guess who did it? Polar! :awesome:

Was it GUN or the other one I forget what it was called? MDoAP partner of VE.

[quote name='Penkala' date='03 February 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1265165446' post='2154380']
It happened before. Guess who did it? Polar! :awesome:

Was it GUN or the other one I forget what it was called? MDoAP partner of VE.
[/quote]

FIST. That was the start of the huge cancellation wave.

[quote]
Do not think this was an easy decision for us. The RoK/Polar Treaty is one we felt very strongly about considering the mutual dislike both alliances felt for eachother for well over a year after Ragnarok was founded. This saddens us a great deal and we hope to remain friends despite no longer being allies.[/quote]
It wasn't an easy decision because you felt strongly about a mutual defense treaty with an alliance that you dislike, and it saddens you greatly because you wish to remain friends despite your mutual dislike?

D:

[quote name='Essenia' date='03 February 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1265165536' post='2154382']
FIST. That was the start of the huge cancellation wave.
[/quote]

Indeed it was. I recall it with much fondness.

There are key differences however... but do flounder around connecting dots that are on different pages...

* I don't mean you personally Ess

Edited by AlmightyGrub