CnG vs TOP: who will win?

Holy Ruler

787 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CnG have already called in (or have received) a fair few large hitter alliances on their side. When [if] Citadel roll in, it will make an awful mess of things. As already pointed out, TOP can probably keep going for quite a while.

Ask again in a week and you will get very different results to the ones in the poll now I'm guessing.

"Dur, I'm too butthurt to believe the alliance that rolled me for spying isn't going to win."

This is a rather naive approach, I would expect more from you. It is obvious that a new political hegemony arise from the ashes of this war.

I'm really not sure about that. That looked like the likely outcome before, with the Polar cluster and large parts of the ex-Hegemony one being destroyed. But that part of the war has been peaced out, purple is intact and Polar, having lost most of its own cluster and burnt a lot of bridges with Supergrievances, is likely to join the ex-Hegemony side in future. (I hope it doesn't and that we can get closer to them, personally, but my personal ambitions usually don't succeed :P.)

This second front will destroy IRON, which is a major part of ex-Hegemony, but TOP was never tied in to that power cluster before, and C&G is going to take a lot of damage – I don't really think they have realised how much yet. Their ability to challenge as a serious top tier force (necessary to be a hegemony) could be completely eliminated.

On top of that(!) the political damage done to various relationships in this war and the New Year non-war are likely to cause the premature breakup of Supergrievances, which consists of two major blocs already, before it can establish a hegemony.

What will have happened by the end of this is that Citadel will be destroyed (that is pretty much the case already), the Polar sphere will have largely disintegrated or moved towards one of the others, and Supergrievances will have shed a few links and pounds. NPO is coming out of terms soon and will presumably sign up with most of the ex-Heg/Purple power cluster, and possibly NpO – and what we'll end up with is not a new hegemony but a more familiar bipolar world, perhaps even an Orders bloc on one side and a pseudo-League on the other.

What will have happened by the end of this is that Citadel will be destroyed (that is pretty much the case already), the Polar sphere will have largely disintegrated or moved towards one of the others, and Supergrievances will have shed a few links and pounds. NPO is coming out of terms soon and will presumably sign up with most of the ex-Heg/Purple power cluster, and possibly NpO – and what we'll end up with is not a new hegemony but a more familiar bipolar world, perhaps even an Orders bloc on one side and a pseudo-League on the other.

So...the more things change, the more they stay the same?

Anyone with half a brain can see who wins and its two alliances that end in order. While everyone nukes the crap out of each other a new yet old Order will be restored out of the chaos. Come on now you all knew it was only a matter of time.

Edited by The Big Bad

TOP stomps CnG (AA vs Bloc, with no outside support); at least in top leadership tier anyways. TOP bottom tier (below 50k) will get swamped and absolutely crushed.

Top tier nations' WC are disproportionately larger than smaller nations' WC.

Lets not worry about TOP; they will be fine after WC rebuilt. IRON on the other hand is in a much worse situation.

If someone is in 5 wars and getting a lot of nukes through, they are taking a lot more damage than the nation sending said nukes. The curbstomped alliance gets beat fast, but they send out a lot more nukes than they take. This is what MK did to NPO during the WoTC.

I don't think you realize what a difference SDI coverage makes - NPO had huge gaps in their SDI coverage (as did the allies they called in), which allowed us to do what we did. I haven't checked on our CnG allies, but we're rather better prepared in that regard.

I don't see how anyone can vote for TOP here. They basically gave Umbrella the finger with their declaration and MHA is lined up against them too. That leaves them with TSO and maybe a few others with possibly a handful of IRON's allies. Meanwhile they've aggressively attacked C&G, which basically activates half the MDPs on the planet.

Everyone keeps talking about how TOP screwed Umbrella by declaring. Lux Aterna and all that.

FCC and Gre attacked us during Karma, ignoring that clause as well. If I am incorrect feel free to point it out.

Everyone keeps talking about how TOP screwed Umbrella by declaring. Lux Aterna and all that.

FCC and Gre attacked us during Karma, ignoring that clause as well. If I am incorrect feel free to point it out.

Well if TOP didn't act on that violation that's their own fault really and doesn't mean Umbrella or anybody else effected by this instance of breaking the treaty is obliged to look the other way (unless they want to).

This is true.

However the fact that an ex-signatory of the treaty violated it 9 months ago is hardly an excuse for violating it in the present. If they no longer felt the document held any meaning (which is certainly the impression I've gotten from many TOP members), they should have canceled it.