CnG vs TOP: who will win?

Holy Ruler

787 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not surprising the geniuses who pre-emptively declared on a previously uninvolved bloc are already crying out white peace or no peace in all but those exact words.

To be honest, it is called war posturing. You might remember that, during the NoCB war, your alliance produced a lot of propaganda that looked a lot like "we're probably going to die, no surrender, let's have fun on the way down". Heck, I sported a "Game Over" sign made by someone from MK.

That said, I believe the CnG side will win. A long and bloody war, save if Polaris really makes a miracle to find an improbable quick peace.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, it is called war posturing. You might remember that, during the NoCB war, your alliance produced a lot of propaganda that looked a lot like "we're probably going to die, no surrender, let's have fun on the way down". Heck, I sported a "Game Over" sign made by someone from MK.

That said, I believe the CnG side will win. A long and bloody war, save if Polaris really makes a miracle to find an improbable quick peace.

I know what they're doing and I'm doing it too, just from the other side this time :v:

Well...

Reality has a way of sinking in after a month or so, especially after those multi-billion dollar warchests become multi-hundred million dollar warchests, and you've just collected in nuclear anarchy for the third time.

Edited by James Dahl

i dont think Polaris has anything to do with this anymore..

For our part, however, much our reason to enter this war lies in our desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to us is high on their agenda---and that, indeed, they would take advantage of any advantageous opportunity to do so. This is a war they have brought upon themselves.

it's the bolded part of their War CB on C&G, unless TOP lost their Desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to them :smug:

Edited by gantanX

Well...

Reality has a way of sinking in after a month or so, especially after those multi-billion dollar warchests start running out.

Not to mention that their tech isn't going to last forever when they have no infra to defend it with. Either turtling or being subjected to easy ground attacks are the only options if you get drawn out into a long war where you're outnumbered. Either one leads to a significant loss in tech.

it's the bolded part of their War CB on C&G, unless TOP lost their Desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to them :smug:

Desire? No, probably not. The chance to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to them; yeah probably lost that.

regardless of those stats, TOP has more then enough cash/tech to last a lonnnnnng time, after 8k nukes insane infra/tech lost i think CnG and TOP will find a way to end this

You say that as if TOP wont be losing just as much, or more.

TOP aren't the only alliance that has big warchest requirements, and I'll let you in on a secret, not every TOP nation has a massive warchest, some are average, some are small.

Edited by AVFC1

I think TOP/Iron move was a bold one. Whatever happens they had a good show. Off course I would do my best to spoil their show, but I respect both of them.

It was really frustrating seing Polar-\m/ peace. While it may not a "trap" as many people are seing, I think it was a lack of communication that may be a sign of lack of consideration for their allies.

The same could be said for \m/ actually.

Edited by King Louis the II

Not to mention that their tech isn't going to last forever when they have no infra to defend it with. Either turtling or being subjected to easy ground attacks are the only options if you get drawn out into a long war where you're outnumbered. Either one leads to a significant loss in tech.

We will see tonight just how outnumbered we are, though. In the upper ranks we're not that outnumbered, it's only if we fail to cling to the top ranks that we get into trouble. Plus this has only been on for a day.

So, I would say: don't count your chickens till they're hatched.

I think TOP/Iron move was a bold one. Whatever happens they had a good show. Off course I would do my best to spoil their show, but I respect both of them.

It was really frustrating seing Polar-\m/ peace. While it may not a "trap" as many people are seing, I think it was a lack of communication that may be a sign of lack of consideration for their allies.

We contacted our only ally.

Though, we should have also contacted FOK very clearly. Even if they weren't our ally.

You say that as if TOP wont be losing just as much, or more.

TOP aren't the only alliance that has big warchest requirements, and I'll let you in on a secret, not every TOP nation has a massive warchest, some are average, some are small.

I don't know, in a nuclear curbstomp the the attacking side tends to take a lot more damage.

We will see tonight just how outnumbered we are, though. In the upper ranks we're not that outnumbered, it's only if we fail to cling to the top ranks that we get into trouble. Plus this has only been on for a day.

So, I would say: don't count your chickens till they're hatched.

You saying your plan is for the entirety of TOP to act a meatshields for the upper ranks? Damn I hope that's not it.

I don't know, in a nuclear curbstomp the the attacking side tends to take a lot more damage.

How so? A nation can only be nuked once per day. As it stands our side has a lot more nukes and a lot more nations so while in the short run TOP's tech advantage may mean they do more damage on average, in the long term we have a lot more nations and a lot more nukes so draw your own conclusions from that.

I think what people are forgetting is that NpO is not allied to TOP or IRON. As far as I'm aware TOP/IRON didn't tell Polaris that they would be attacking C&G so NpO really had no reason to inform them that they were close to peace.

Edited by AVFC1

MK was playing chess while we were playing checkers. Its not over yet, double jump...king me! Oh shi....

Is this an inside joke. :mellow:

Also love you avater.

Also voted CnG but this could get interesting.

Edited by Hassman