CnG vs TOP: who will win?

Holy Ruler

787 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only until the curbstomped side runs out of nukes.

Unpossible. It will come down to who milks their warchest longer and how long staggers can be kept to avoid TOP getting into peacemode.

I'd be extremely surprised if Citadel survives this.

You know, I'm seeing a lot of this. I'm sure something has leaked, but it's from quite a long time ago. Prior to this war, for sure. Prior to Gremlins' withdrawal, definitely.

I don't want anyone to be seen as a prophet or "I told you so." but those "in the know" should realize Citadel hasn't been effective in quite a while. I know this won't stop the constant stream of "zomg this is because of TOP" when it is canceled...but oh well.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only until the curbstomped side runs out of nukes.

How expensive do you think nukes are? At the lower levels it's usually pretty easy to slip into peace mode as those member don't tend to be inactive. You then buy up to 1000 infra, and buy 25 nukes, which works out to what, 40m? Sure those nukes will not be blowing up very expensive infra, but take it from a guy that's been nuked at 3000-4000 infra a couple times, it's annoying as hell when you're trying to get up to full spies/MP/SDI/infra and working on getting warchest compliant.

How so? A nation can only be nuked once per day. As it stands our side has a lot more nukes and a lot more nations so while in the short run TOP's tech advantage may mean they do more damage on average, in the long term we have a lot more nations and a lot more nukes so draw your own conclusions from that.

You pretty much just answered your own question, a nation can only be nuked once per day. If someone is in 5 wars and getting a lot of nukes through, they are taking a lot more damage than the nation sending said nukes. The curbstomped alliance gets beat fast, but they send out a lot more nukes than they take. This is what MK did to NPO during the WoTC.

Edited by Kaiser

I think what people are forgetting is that NpO is not allied to TOP or IRON. As far as I'm aware TOP/IRON didn't tell Polaris that they would be attacking C&G so NpO really had no reason to inform them that they were close to peace.

Haha, this is cracking me up. Apparently you didn't know what was all said in our "coalition."

Well, one SF member and one of the two might-as-well-be-in-SF alliances have already declared war against IRON, so we won't be far behind.

RIA

RoK

GOD

Fark - > Declared on IRON

R&R

CSN

VE - the 7th SF member in all but formality

Sparta - the 8th SF member in all but formality - > Declared on IRON

So SF is already in :P

But i thought Sparta was the 8th member of CnG

does that make them the 15th member of SuperComplaints?

You know, I'm seeing a lot of this. I'm sure something has leaked, but it's from quite a long time ago. Prior to this war, for sure. Prior to Gremlins' withdrawal, definitely.

I don't want anyone to be seen as a prophet or "I told you so." but those "in the know" should realize Citadel hasn't been effective in quite a while. I know this won't stop the constant stream of "zomg this is because of TOP" when it is canceled...but oh well.

Which is why he won't be surprised if Cit is gone. Things just pile onto a breaking point.

Everyone who is not in C&G or TOP will win. Except IRON. They lose worst of all.

This is a rather naive approach, I would expect more from you. It is obvious that a new political hegemony arise from the ashes of this war.

Anyway as with all wars determination is the key. I think that if TOP, IRON, TORN and DAWN stay together they will manage to overcome the odds and get out in one piece, not as the winning side of course, but regardless in one peace.

I don't see how anyone can vote for TOP here. They basically gave Umbrella the finger with their declaration and MHA is lined up against them too. That leaves them with TSO and maybe a few others with possibly a handful of IRON's allies. Meanwhile they've aggressively attacked C&G, which basically activates half the MDPs on the planet.

Well, one SF member and one of the two might-as-well-be-in-SF alliances have already declared war against IRON, so we won't be far behind.

RIA

RoK

GOD

Fark - > Declared on IRON

R&R

CSN

VE - the 7th SF member in all but formality

Sparta - the 8th SF member in all but formality - > Declared on IRON

So SF is already in :P

Not a big Monos Archein fan I guess? That's harsh man.

I don't see how anyone can vote for TOP here. They basically gave Umbrella the finger with their declaration and MHA is lined up against them too. That leaves them with TSO and maybe a few others with possibly a handful of IRON's allies. Meanwhile they've aggressively attacked C&G, which basically activates half the MDPs on the planet.

Not a big Monos Archein fan I guess? That's harsh man.

I knew I forgot someone :facepalm:

MA :wub:

Edited by James Dahl

I think what people are forgetting is that NpO is not allied to TOP or IRON. As far as I'm aware TOP/IRON didn't tell Polaris that they would be attacking C&G so NpO really had no reason to inform them that they were close to peace.

NpO may not have a treaty with TOP or IRON, but when allies are puting their behinds to defend your cause, I think they deserve some courtesy.

For the second part, if we in Sparta, had a good perception that IRON was coming (based on stats and logic, you could see by our counterattack), How NpO didnt know more about their own side?

edit: typos

Edited by King Louis the II

NpO may not have a treaty with TOP or IRON, but when allies are puting their behinds to defend your cause, I think they deserve some courtesy.

For the second part, if we in Sparta, had a good perception that IRON was coming (based on stats and logic, you could see by our counterattack), How NpO didnt know more about their on side?

edit: typos

How is TOP and IRON attacking C&G, a bloc staying out of the fight due to treaty conflicts, defending NpO?

They are, in point of fact, attacking NpO's allies, and none of the alliances currently fighting NpO or her allies.

How is TOP and IRON attacking C&G, a bloc staying out of the fight due to treaty conflicts, defending NpO?

They are, in point of fact, attacking NpO's allies, and none of the alliances currently fighting NpO or her allies.

So you are saying that TOP and Iron attacks don't have anything to do with NpO?

So you are saying that TOP and Iron attacks don't have anything to do with NpO?

Explain to me how their attacks help defend NpO? How is attacking a bloc trying to stay out of the conflict due to conflicting treaties and working towards a resolution, and of whom many are directly allied to NpO, helping to defend NpO?

The "defending NpO" just looks like a smokescreen thrown up there to disguise an unprovoked attack of opportunity against C&G.

Edited by James Dahl

Explain to me how their attacks help defend NpO? How is attacking a bloc trying to stay out of the conflict due to conflicting treaties and working towards a resolution, and of whom many are directly allied to NpO, helping to defend NpO?

The "defending NpO" just looks like a smokescreen thrown up there to disguise an unprovoked attack of opportunity against C&G.

I guess we have different perceptions of this war. You view as two wars and I view as one.

I respect your opinion (but I disagree). For my alliance make no difference because we are allied to many SF and C&G (actually RIA is our ally AND a close friend).

I think your perception of the neutrality of C&G is not accurate.

anyway, best wishes for you and your alliance.

Edited by King Louis the II

CnG have already called in (or have received) a fair few large hitter alliances on their side. When [if] Citadel roll in, it will make an awful mess of things. As already pointed out, TOP can probably keep going for quite a while.

Ask again in a week and you will get very different results to the ones in the poll now I'm guessing.

I guess we have different perceptions of this war. You view as two wars and I view as one.

I respect your opinion (but I disagree). For my alliance make no difference because we are allied to many SF and C&G (actually RIA is our ally AND a close friend).

I think your perception of the neutrality of C&G is not accurate.

anyway, best wishes for you and your alliance.

Hey I love you guys, this isn't anything against Sparta at all. I just think you're being much too charitable about TOP's motivations here B-)

Hey I love you guys, this isn't anything against Sparta at all. I just think you're being much too charitable about TOP's motivations here B-)

I didn't perceive as such my friend. and I can be wrong about my perceptions as well. I agree with you in the sense that the pre-emptive TOP/IRON wasn't really cool because nobody really could say FOR SURE that C&G was going.

My point is that, whatever was TOP/IRON motive was, It would have been courteus of NpO to let them know that negotiations were near (look like they told NSO and STA). However, If you consider two unrelated wars, it would make sense that such notice was unnecessary.

I didn't perceive as such my friend. and I can be wrong about my perceptions as well. I agree with you in the sense that the pre-emptive TOP/IRON wasn't really cool because nobody really could say FOR SURE that C&G was going.

My point is that, whatever was TOP/IRON motive was, It would have been courteus of NpO to let them know that negotiations were near (look like they told NSO and STA). However, If you consider two unrelated wars, it would make sense that such notice was unnecessary.

The thing is though, not only is NpO not allied to TOP or IRON, but TOP and IRON weren't even involved in the fighting, so why should NpO tell them the status of peace negotiations?

regardless of those stats, TOP has more then enough cash/tech to last a lonnnnnng time, after 8k nukes insane infra/tech lost i think CnG and TOP will find a way to end this

Just a note, but C&G had 9700 nukes starting this conflict and looking at the TOP warchests reported, you overestimate their abilities to fight long term. For their nation sizes they're nothing above average.