Press Release from The Corporation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone that's been on this planet for as long as you have, I would have assumed you know better. How exactly was anyone 'put in their place'? If anything, FoA has done right by doing exactly what we suggest as a preventative measure against being tech raided. The Corp and GOONS are on pretty good terms with each other, and we don't harbor any resentment against The Corp in taking on this protectorate...in fact, we commend them.

Poison Clan loves us some Corporation; we're glad to see this protection, and I know Derwood was talking closely with Corp to ensure that FoA would find itself some protection as soon as possible. Hopefully we can take this opportunity to get to know you guys better ourselves. Congratulations to both parties!

Poison Clan loves us some Corporation; we're glad to see this protection, and I know Derwood was talking closely with Corp to ensure that FoA would find itself some protection as soon as possible. Hopefully we can take this opportunity to get to know you guys better ourselves. Congratulations to both parties!

Oh no..a PC/Corp treaty in the future? Theres a whole new level of corruption that even Enron cant top

For someone that's been on this planet for as long as you have, I would have assumed you know better. How exactly was anyone 'put in their place'? If anything, FoA has done right by doing exactly what we suggest as a preventative measure against being tech raided. The Corp and GOONS are on pretty good terms with each other, and we don't harbor any resentment against The Corp in taking on this protectorate...in fact, we commend them.

Yet you raided us.... im a bit confused with your alliance's "actions" performed on the FoA.

Thank you all for all of your compassion!!! Nice to see we have many friends on here :) And yes Myworld, Our reintroduction into these forums is way over do!

The Corp are awesome!!! I can't begin to express our gradtitude towards their compassion towards other yellow comrades as well!!! A many wonderful thanks to all of the Corporation for this Temporary Protectorate!!!

Yet you raided us.... im a bit confused with your alliance's "actions" performed on the FoA.

Thank you all for all of your compassion!!! Nice to see we have many friends on here :) And yes Myworld, Our reintroduction into these forums is way over do!

The Corp are awesome!!! I can't begin to express our gradtitude towards their compassion towards other yellow comrades as well!!! A many wonderful thanks to all of the Corporation for this Temporary Protectorate!!!

I am not a member of the aforementioned alliance so forgive me if my take is not representative. But I think the overwhelming attitude is that alliance leaders are responsible for the protection of its members and it's a hostile world out there. If a leader is not to be remiss in his duty, he either needs an elite fighting force scary enough to ward off potential raiders, or he needs to ally himself such that raiders will find other targets. Those non-participant alliances in CN politics are viewed as mere fodder and with understandable reason. Many alliances are striving to advance an ideology, and those 'neutral' alliances who refuse to get involved might as well be siding with the powers that be as their attitude preserves the authority of the dominant alliances. So when an alliance wishes to challenge the conventional ways of Bob politics, they inherently view the neutrals as a potential tool. Usually a tool in the sense of they will rob you of your technology so they can put it to use in launching missiles and the like. Even if they force an alliance to seek a protectorate through this, you can see it as an ideological victory as they have converted you to their way of doing diplomacy and surviving on Planet Bob. They have also generated public interest in their cause (even if it starts out being mostly negative).

Paperless diplomacy is a luxury affordable only by the powerful and well-connected alliances of Planet Bob. It makes sense for those in such positions of power, but not so for the relative newcomers of Planet Bob. First you've got to play by their rules before you can break them. And it's a long road usually.

If this protectorate is temporary, I'd be thinking about getting a less temporary one. If it was not these fellows, someone else would have raided you eventually. These guys were making a statement by following up on the cancellation with Sparta so swiftly. Most raiders would have waited a month for you to fade into obscurity and then been relentless and passed you around like a poorly rolled joint. Such is the nature of Bob. Make good friends, because without them, life is not worth living and is certainly much harder.

Paperless diplomacy is a luxury affordable only by the powerful and well-connected alliances of Planet Bob. It makes sense for those in such positions of power, but not so for the relative newcomers of Planet Bob. First you've got to play by their rules before you can break them. And it's a long road usually.

I will digress slightly from the topic at hand, but even the well-connected (as in FAN) are not protected as much as they think they are. FAN is an exceptional case because of all the good PR it has and their legion of fanboys but how many of them would actually step up if some alliances were to "mass tech raid" them?

After all, all of these raiding alliances use the lack of treaties as a justification for their assaults, don't they? Only size matters when it comes to their victims and, as we've seen, they were quick to step up from 5-10 men alliances to 30-40 ones. It's only a matter of time before they actually try a more massive approach; especially when you consider the fact that these raiders also have allies who will not hesitate to back them should the victim decides to call friends in.

Well done by the Corporation, no matter what.

I will digress slightly from the topic at hand, but even the well-connected (as in FAN) are not protected as much as they think they are. FAN is an exceptional case because of all the good PR it has and their legion of fanboys but how many of them would actually step up if some alliances were to "mass tech raid" them?

After all, all of these raiding alliances use the lack of treaties as a justification for their assaults, don't they? Only size matters when it comes to their victims and, as we've seen, they were quick to step up from 5-10 men alliances to 30-40 ones. It's only a matter of time before they actually try a more massive approach; especially when you consider the fact that these raiders also have allies who will not hesitate to back them should the victim decides to call friends in.

Well done by the Corporation, no matter what.

A mass tech raid on FAN makes everyones GRL go up ..... just sayin'.......don't be a profitable target and you won't get raided , pretty simple.

A mass tech raid on FAN makes everyones GRL go up ..... just sayin'.......don't be a profitable target and you won't get raided , pretty simple.

You said exactly what I was thinking.

o/ FAN

o/ Nukes

On a side note, FoA could have easily prevented this "raid" from occuring. They had 72 hours to look for new protection, which is more than enough time.