Rate Blocs.

kevin32891

Re Terra-Cott:

How you can claim that isn't intended to be a Brown unity treaty I have no idea. The subtitle of the treaty itself explicitly states that it's a treaty for the Brown Sphere, you went on about the history of Brown in the announcement and invited any and all Brown alliances to sign it.

Yes, membership is limited to Brown alliances but the aim of the treaty isn't to unify the sphere, but to provide mutual defense to those that sign from said sphere.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a team MDP bloc with the goals of "[upholding] the integrity and dignity of the Brown trading sphere" and "[pursuing] prosperity for its citizens via trade, support and mutual defense". AKA a team unity treaty. While it is true that some unity treaties have not been MDPs (such as the now all but dead OUT), the majority are (BLEU, Chestnut, PWN, Poseidon, etc).

Ah, I saw the other post before I saw this one. I was not aware of the common definition. That being said, the aim of TC is still not to unify the sphere, simply to unify the signatories. Also, I have noticed a lot of CSN members having fairly strong opinions on NSO positions. To what do I owe the honor? I don't believe I have ever even interacted with CSN.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

It would seem I know less than 50% of the blocs in existence right now, and I generally think of myself as being quite up-to-date with AP.

I'll offer only one rating, in part out of laziness, and in part out of what I'll say inevitably being taken as the Citadel gospel.

Citadel - 8 [Everything can be improved, and those who voted 10 are more than likely disillusioned with their bloc]

Well, I took the time to Wiki them all to see who is in each bloc before rating. Enjoy.

AZTEC (NV, GLOF, 1TF, RoA): 5 - I dig NV, but don't know the other alliances at all.

Bastion (RoK, RIA, VE): 8 - I am a little biased, but we do need to add another member. :P

Below (GOD, VE, OV): 9 - :wub:

Blood For Friends (FEAR, UCN, Wolfpack): 3 - seems pointless with all three members being in CDT.

Citadel (GRE, FCC, TOP, Argent, Umbrella): 6 - I am pretty much neutral on every alliance. I do like Argent though.

Chestnut Accords (CRAP, CSN, RIA, GOD, MA, The Brain, TOH, TTK): 7 - I know this bloc well and it is a good group.

Common Defense Treaty (FEAR, Invicta, UPN, Wolfpack, NATO, UCN, USN, Menotah): 1 - Too many alliances I simply cannot stand.

Complaints & Grievances Union (MK, FoB, Athens, =LOST=, GR, Vanguard): 8 - There is no one in this bloc that I dislike and it contains our oldest allies in Vanguard.

Duckroll (TORN, IRON, Valhalla, ML): 2 - I'm not really sure if this bloc is still around.

Fantastic Four (NOVA, Galactic Imperium, The United Front): 4 - I don't know anything about any of them. They should change their name since they lost a member though. :P

Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA): 5 - We have issues with NSO, are neutral on STA, and are close to Polar.

LEO (FOK, INT, R&R): 7 - I genuinely like each member of this bloc.

Nexus (Silence, CoiN, 57th, the Federation): 5 - I like Silence, but don't know anything about the rest.

Powerpuff Girls (Octava Orden, USC): 1 - Not really a bloc anymore, is it? ...

Poseidon (Invicta, Olympus, BAPS, Valhalla, Legion): 2 - A couple alliances really drag this down.

Power Rangers (TCB, TAB): 1 - Though I don't think this exists anymore.

Teen Titans (TOH, ARES, TYR): 6 - But this bloc will bounce back. :awesome:

Terra-Cotta Pact (CD, NSO, Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau): 4 - I do like CD though.

Peace and Love Accords (TFD, Zenith, NADC + protectorates): 2 - Not a fan of any of these alliances.

The Stickmen (iFOK, SLCB, FCO): 7 - I seem to have a lot of friends in this bloc.

The SuperFriends (RoK, GOD, FARK, RIA, R&R, CSN, MA): 9 - No one is perfect, and I am biased. :wub:

Valor Accords (ARES, UINE, TCU): 6 - Allied to 2/3 of this bloc. Heh.

Ah, I saw the other post before I saw this one. I was not aware of the common definition. That being said, the aim of TC is still not to unify the sphere, simply to unify the signatories. Also, I have noticed a lot of CSN members having fairly strong opinions on NSO positions. To what do I owe the honor? I don't believe I have ever even interacted with CSN.

We have some vocal members with strong opinions out on the OWF these days, the expression of which we encourage as long as it is in a productive manner. As NSO is an alliance which seems to try to differentiate itself from the pack regularly, it is only natural that some of those opinions will be directed towards NSO. I'm pretty sure it's nothing personal beyond what people see from you guys on the forums, as I don't believe we've ever interacted with NSO at a higher level either.

guess I'll vote here just for kicks (N/A for those I don't know of too well - expect a lot of these) also obligatory "personal opinions, not TOOL's opinions" line:

AZTEC- 6 don't know the other alliances much but NV's B)

Bastion- N/A

Below- N/A

Blood For Friends- 9 only b/c I <3 the alliances in it (FEAR, UCN and Wolfpack are :awesome:)

Citadel- 7.5 (no opinion on Gre and Umbrella b/c of lack of knowing them though I like FCC, adore TOP and :wub: Argent)

Chestnut Accords- N/A

Common Defense Treaty- 8 though I have no opinion about the history (that's their business) I like the majority of the alliances in it a lot (though don't know much about USN or Menotah)

Complaints & Grievances Union- 5.8 while I don't know or might not like some of its members, you guys are alright

Duckroll- N/A

Fantastic Four- N/A

Frostbite- 8.5 though I'm a fan of the alliances here, the only one I know to an extent is STA (thnx to working w/ them in SNOW and other occasions - great bunch) only know a few members from the other but I <3 those guys (like WB, Chron, Zessa, etc.)

LEO- N/A

Nexus- N/A

OPP- 7 mainly b/c I <3 TPF and TSI and also adore some of its past members (like Defcon, NEW, GRAN, SSSW18 :D)

Powerpuff Girls- N/A

Pegasus- N/A

Poseidon- 5 seems like a good bunch to me

Power Rangers- N/A

Teen Titans- N/A

Terra-Cotta Pact- N/A

Peace and Love Accords- N/A

The Stickmen- N/a

The SuperFriends- 5 (know and like some of them, don't know the others well enough)

Valor Accords - N/A

I'll add one more for the heck of it

NOIR: 6 while you guys has members I happen to like (Brigade, Sparta, etc.) don't know most of the others from the nearly 30 others (which is kinda big for a bloc but to each their own, if it works for NOIR then I won't say anymore - just babbling :P)

also what Methrage mentioned about bloc in the 1st few posts would make sense as to why TOOL has a "no bloc participation" stance though at least we never had and have no plans to join a bloc to my knowledge -_-

Now that Hoo take the time to specify who are in each bloc I can give my rates, thanks Hoo :P

AZTEC (NV, GLOF, 1TF, RoA): 8 They have NV so it would be good, don't know the other alliances.

Bastion (RoK, RIA, VE): 7 I like Rok and have neutral fellings about the others 2

Below (GOD, VE, OV): 2 Don't like GOD or OV

Blood For Friends (FEAR, UCN, Wolfpack): 5 Wolves are cool

Citadel (GRE, FCC, TOP, Argent, Umbrella): 4 because I don't like how they play

Chestnut Accords (CRAP, CSN, RIA, GOD, MA, The Brain, TOH, TTK): 3 => -2 because of GOD and The Brain, 5 because of RIA and CSN

Common Defense Treaty (FEAR, Invicta, UPN, Wolfpack, NATO, UCN, USN, Menotah):5 Neutral feelings

Complaints & Grievances Union (MK, FoB, Athens, =LOST=, GR, Vanguard): 8 I like them mianly because MK and GR

Duckroll (TORN, IRON, Valhalla, ML): 4 The idea was good but the effort in put that in pratice wasn't

Fantastic Four (NOVA, Galactic Imperium, The United Front): Never Heard of

Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA): 103% of awesomeness

LEO (FOK, INT, R&R): 5 Neutral feelings, also lolcommies

Nexus (Silence, CoiN, 57th, the Federation): 6 Silence is a cool alliance, never heard about the others

Powerpuff Girls (Octava Orden, USC): 4 Ezequiel is a nice guy but need better friends.

Poseidon (Invicta, Olympus, BAPS, Valhalla, Legion): 5 lolpurple

Power Rangers (TCB, TAB): 2 I hate power rangers and pink alliances, at least bel air isn't in that

Teen Titans (TOH, ARES, TYR): 6 ARES are cool, never hear about the others

Terra-Cotta Pact (CD, NSO, Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau): 8 If they have NSO me likes

Peace and Love Accords (TFD, Zenith, NADC + protectorates): 4 because TFD is allied with TSO

The Stickmen (iFOK, SLCB, FCO): 3 fail drama makers, lolpurple²

The SuperFriends (RoK, GOD, FARK, RIA, R&R, CSN, MA): 6 Likes FARK and ROK, neutral regarding R&R, MA and CSN. Don't like GOD(I know I already said that).

Valor Accords (ARES, UINE, TCU): 8 ARES and UINE :wub:

AZTEC (NV, GLOF, 1TF, RoA): 7

Bastion (RoK, RIA, VE): 7

Below (GOD, VE, OV): 7

Blood For Friends (FEAR, UCN, Wolfpack): n/a

Citadel (GRE, FCC, TOP, Argent, Umbrella): 2

Chestnut Accords (CRAP, CSN, RIA, GOD, MA, The Brain, TOH, TTK): 8

Common Defense Treaty (FEAR, Invicta, UPN, Wolfpack, NATO, UCN, USN, Menotah):5

Complaints & Grievances Union (MK, FoB, Athens, =LOST=, GR, Vanguard): 7

Duckroll (TORN, IRON, Valhalla, ML): 0

Fantastic Four (NOVA, Galactic Imperium, The United Front): 0 If they get that fourth member you get higher.

Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA): 3

LEO (FOK, INT, R&R): 5

Nexus (Silence, CoiN, 57th, the Federation): n/a

Powerpuff Girls (Octava Orden, USC): 1

Poseidon (Invicta, Olympus, BAPS, Valhalla, Legion): 4

Power Rangers (TCB, TAB): N/A

Teen Titans (TOH, ARES, TYR): 8

Terra-Cotta Pact (CD, NSO, Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau): n/a

Peace and Love Accords (TFD, Zenith, NADC + protectorates): 4

The Stickmen (iFOK, SLCB, FCO): 6

The SuperFriends (RoK, GOD, FARK, RIA, R&R, CSN, MA): 9

Valor Accords: 7

N/A = Limited or no Contact

AZTEC (NV, GLOF, 1TF, RoA): N/A

Bastion (RoK, RIA, VE): 7 Awesome people in here

Below (GOD, VE, OV): 8 Don't know OV but I know VE and GOD who are awesome

Blood For Friends (FEAR, UCN, Wolfpack): N/A

Citadel (GRE, FCC, TOP, Argent, Umbrella): 6 Good people

Chestnut Accords (CRAP, CSN, RIA, GOD, MA, The Brain, TOH, TTK): 10 Obvious Maroon Bias :awesome:

Common Defense Treaty (FEAR, Invicta, UPN, Wolfpack, NATO, UCN, USN, Menotah): 5 Don't know them that much

Complaints & Grievances Union (MK, FoB, Athens, =LOST=, GR, Vanguard): 8 Good people to know ^_^

Duckroll (TORN, IRON, Valhalla, ML): N/A

Fantastic Four (NOVA, Galactic Imperium, The United Front): N/A

Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA): 5 Know a few people

LEO (FOK, INT, R&R): 7 For having R&R and FOK! :wub:

Nexus (Silence, CoiN, 57th, the Federation): N/A

Powerpuff Girls (Octava Orden, USC): N/A

Poseidon (Invicta, Olympus, BAPS, Valhalla, Legion): 5 because of Valhalla and Legion

Power Rangers (TCB, TAB): N/A

Teen Titans (TOH, ARES, TYR): 10 Awesome people to know and they have Lanna :wub:

Terra-Cotta Pact (CD, NSO, Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau): N/A

Peace and Love Accords (TFD, Zenith, NADC + protectorates): N/A

The Stickmen (iFOK, SLCB, FCO): N/A

The SuperFriends (RoK, GOD, FARK, RIA, R&R, CSN, MA): 10 Obvious bias :P

Valor Accords (ARES, UINE, TCU): 7 Keve and CommanderCato are awesome people to know

Going to borrow Hoo's template :v:

AZTEC (NV, GLOF, 1TF, RoA): 7 - Allied to NV, a fan of GLOF.

Bastion (RoK, RIA, VE): 7 - Three great alliances, though it loses points for being a fairly useless bloc.

Below (GOD, VE, OV): 7 - As above, though it must be noted that Ordo Verde has been hit by some worrying internal issues since the conclusion of the Karma War.

Blood For Friends (FEAR, UCN, Wolfpack): 1 - I'm a fan of UCN, but FEAR and Wolfpack get very little respect from me.

Citadel (GRE, FCC, TOP, Argent, Umbrella): 7 - Umbrella and Argent are quality alliances. Feelings are neutral towards Gremlins, TOP and FCC. Great stats, but that goes without saying.

Chestnut Accords (CRAP, CSN, RIA, GOD, MA, The Brain, TOH, TTK): 6 - A decent group.

Common Defense Treaty (FEAR, Invicta, UPN, Wolfpack, NATO, UCN, USN, Menotah): 1 - Too many alliances I simply cannot stand.

Complaints & Grievances Union (MK, FoB, Athens, =LOST=, GR, Vanguard): 9 - There is certainly room for improvement, but I firmly believe we are the most united bloc currently in existence.

Duckroll (TORN, IRON, Valhalla, ML): 0 - Not a fan of any of these alliances, and I'm not certain if this 'bloc' even exists now.

Fantastic Four (NOVA, Galactic Imperium, The United Front): 1 - No idea who any of these alliances are.

Frostbite (NpO, NSO, STA): 6 - +5 solely for STA, +3 for NpO, -2 for NSO.

LEO (FOK, INT, R&R): 7 - I genuinely like each member of this bloc.

Nexus (Silence, CoiN, 57th, the Federation): 1 - Can't stand any of these alliances, with the possible exception of Silence.

Powerpuff Girls (Octava Orden, USC): 0 - Not a bloc.

Poseidon (Invicta, Olympus, BAPS, Valhalla, Legion): 1 - Invicta, Legion, Valhalla...

Power Rangers (TCB, TAB): 0 - Not a bloc.

Teen Titans (TOH, ARES, TYR): 4 - +4 for ARES alone.

Terra-Cotta Pact (CD, NSO, Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau): 3 - Carpe Diem seem like a good group.

Peace and Love Accords (TFD, Zenith, NADC + protectorates): 1 - Not a fan of any of these alliances.

The Stickmen (iFOK, SLCB, FCO): 8 - I seem to have a lot of friends in this bloc.

The SuperFriends (RoK, GOD, FARK, RIA, R&R, CSN, MA): 8 - A united assembly of many alliances I greatly respect, particularly Ragnarok and RIA.

Valor Accords (ARES, UINE, TCU): 4 - +4 for ARES again.