Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

Of course it matters. As I have pointed out multiple times in this thread, reparations are a repayment by the criminal to the victim. Therefore, both monetarily AND symbolically, it is important for Athens to have to use THEIR nations to suffer the hardship of repayment, as THEY are the criminals here, NOT the NPO. They should not be given an easy way out simply because they happen to be on the top of the power heap (or in one of the blocs that make up the top, anyhow).

Let's say Athens is going to have the money from NPO go to their small nations, and money to Knights of Ni come from big nations. All this is changing around the order so that money goes to NPO, and then Athens can just have their large nations aid their small nations.

Since Athens will be paying KoN directly, it's a mute point. Either way it's just semantics though, it makes zero practical difference.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say Athens is going to have the money from NPO go to their small nations, and money to Knights of Ni come from big nations. All this is changing around the order so that money goes to NPO, and then Athens can just have their large nations aid their small nations.

Since Athens will be paying KoN directly, it's a mute point. Either way it's just semantics though, it makes zero practical difference.

And semantics aren't something to get all upset over when the point concerning the evils of blatant aggression has acknowledged by Athens on several different occasions. Forcing them to do so again is just petty. Edited by Fallen_Fool

Hahahaha

Funniest attempt to ruin some PR I've ever seen, it does give me an idea though, NPO reparations in the form of 3 million dollar packages could be sent to tech dealing alliances, and then the resulting tech could be paid to Karma nations, ultimate aid slot efficiency.

You should leave the propaganda to Sir Paul, Bilrow. At least Sir Paul knows how to wrap his crap in humor so that people will eat it, you're just taking a big !@#$ on the table and then when everyone points out that it's a turd, try to pretend it isn't by pissing on it.

Propaganda is not my style, I am blunt and to the point.

Bilrow is a terrible turd muffin and nothing he ever says can ever be anything other than terrible turdiness.

Yes I am.

*Bilrow throws mud on Heft.

Edited by Bilrow

It is a moot point now, as Athens did say they would be paying Knights of Ni! directly from their own nations, something I applaud them for. But as for the difference, it is a large difference, for the very reasons I laid out in the quote. Athens must suffer the hardship as the criminal in this situation. This includes using their own nations, both from a technical standpoint of tying up their nations so they may not receive or send other aid out and from a symbolic standpoint of actually having to pay themselves and not passing off the payment to another alliance.

Well yes, taking a !@#$ on the table is pretty blunt. That doesn't change the fact that no one is gonna buy it

Honestly, if anyone is surprised at all by Bilrow's style, they have not been watching him for the last three and a half years. He has been like this, for better or for worse, for as long as I've known him, including when I worked alongside him in the Triumvirate of the GGA. You're kidding yourselves if you think this has a thing to do with his alliance. Also, as a note, this is really addressed to everyone ignoring the message and attacking his character, not solely Azaghul.

It is a moot point now, as Athens did say they would be paying Knights of Ni! directly from their own nations, something I applaud them for. But as for the difference, it is a large difference, for the very reasons I laid out in the quote. Athens must suffer the hardship as the criminal in this situation. This includes using their own nations, both from a technical standpoint of tying up their nations so they may not receive or send other aid out and from a symbolic standpoint of actually having to pay themselves and not passing off the payment to another alliance.

If Athens is smart economically (which they should be), the only difference it would make is which nation sends money to which nation, their small nations should be getting money, and their large nations sending money, regardless.

Honestly, if anyone is surprised at all by Bilrow's style, they have not been watching him for the last three and a half years. He has been like this, for better or for worse, for as long as I've known him, including when I worked alongside him in the Triumvirate of the GGA. You're kidding yourselves if you think this has a thing to do with his alliance. Also, as a note, this is really addressed to everyone ignoring the message and attacking his character, not solely Azaghul.

I'm aware, I've never thought much of Bilrow.

Also, as a note, this is really addressed to everyone ignoring the message and attacking his character, not solely Azaghul.

If his message is so <insert fancy synonym for dumb here> that we don't need to attack it, what else are we going to do? :/

If Athens is smart economically (which they should be), the only difference it would make is which nation sends money to which nation, their small nations should be getting money, and their large nations sending money, regardless.

I'm aware, I've never thought much of Bilrow.

Feelings mutual at least.

Also, as a note, this is really addressed to everyone ignoring the message and attacking his character, not solely Azaghul.
The message in the OP is superficial. The motivation behind its creation and its wording is interesting, and open to critique. Calling such legitimate critiques character attacks is misleading, and ignoring them will simply result in another neutered thread revolving around pointless statistics. Edited by Fallen_Fool

The message in the OP is superficial. The motivation behind its creation and its wording is interesting, and open to critique. Calling such legitimate critiques character attacks is misleading, and ignoring them as "character attacks" will simply result in another neutered thread revolving around pointless statistics.

I don't think the OP was a character attack. The tone was a bit iffy, but I don't have a problem with questions being asked.

Continuing to try to push an agenda after an explaination has been given does show an agenda, however.

I don't think the OP was a character attack. The tone was a bit iffy, but I don't have a problem with questions being asked.

Continuing to try to push an agenda after an explaination has been given does show an agenda, however.

I didn't call the OP a character attack. I said the message in the OP was superficial. I also said that mindlessly labeling legitimate critiques of the motivations of Bilrow and his choice of wording as "character attacks" would result in a far more boring thread. Edited by Fallen_Fool

Course the continuation of this announcement is based upon action of your explanation. So the ball is in your court.

This topic being made by Bilrow or not, trying to make Athens look bad or not, being our business or not, the point remains: the reps payment didn't started yet.

Err..

I would kinda figure that based off the fact that negotiations are not done.

And again, this is a pressing issue because Knights of Ni is complaining everywhere on these forums about it.

Ohwait :v

Process is slow, give it time. They can't make inactive alliances become active.

Athens should threaten to attack them again if they don't become more active. :P

I dunno if MK would approve.

Gotta know who your daddy is. There would be spanking :P

Anyway as I said already, hopefully this all picks up some rhythm now and gets resolved.

Edited by Branimir

Let's ignore the fact that Knights of Ni are inactive, that Athens & Fob have offered reps and are waiting for a response and that all parties involved in the raid are working on settling this (as shown by a Ni government member's post in one of the 50 threads about this raid) and concentrate on the matter at hand: Athens has not paid any reps yet. I would like an explanation for this.