Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a symbolic nature to reparations that goes far beyond the monetary part.

Symbolism over efficency, k.

I don't know if that is what is happening but I would be not surprised since it seems to make sense to most..everyone.

Seriously. The hole is deep enough already.

Just some friendly advice.

What's that you say? NPO will be paying reps to UED for WF's blunder too?

This is literally a slap on the wrist for Athens, which means they have learned nothing. Oh the horror, Athens won't have to use their precious aid slots, because Admin forbid they have to feel the pain for their actions.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by Bilrow

Symbolism over efficency, k.

I don't know if that is what is happening but I would be not surprised since it seems to make sense to most..everyone.

Yes, the point of reparations is that it comes from the guilty party, not some uninvolved party. Symbolism and justice over efficiency. This is not supposed to be easy for Athens, they are GUILTY in this situation. Why should they get it done in a manner they like rather than how it should be done?

Neither have you it seems

I'm sorry massa I guess I haven't learned I am not allowed to have an opinion or the Gramlins will think bad of me.

Forgive me, I have sin.

I'm sure you could go attack some alliance, and the saviour of the cyberverse (NPO) can pay for your sins too like Athens.

You don't look so good up there on that cross, Bilrow.

We're still talking with KoFN about reps. Athens, FoB, and KoFN are all involved in this issue. The reps amount that Athens and FoB have offered is $400,000,000 cash and 2,000 tech. KoFN has not seen/responded to our official offer yet. Thank you for your concern into our private matter.

Edited by Londo Mollari

What's that you say? NPO will be paying reps to UED for WF's blunder too?

This is literally a slap on the wrist for Athens, which means they have learned nothing. Oh the horror, Athens won't have to use their precious aid slots, because Admin forbid they have to feel the pain for their actions.

I couldn't agree more.

The tech should go from NPO->Athens->koN.

Maybe by it going straight from NPO, KoN get their tech a little quicker, but it doesn't hinder Athens one iota.

We're still talking with KoFN about reps. Athens, FoB, and KoFN are all involved in this issue. The reps amount that Athens and FoB have offered is $400,000,000 cash and 2,000 tech. KoFN has not seen/responded to our official offer yet. Thank you for your concern into our private matter.

Londo, could you address the rumor that NPO will be paying the reparations instead of Athens?

Just found out, it appears their reps will be coming from us instead of Athens.

Guess that's a sure way of teaching Athens a lesson. Nice slap on the wrist.

You know what would be funny? If the NPO are unable to send Athens reps fast enough to KoN you could be get rolled for peace term violation. Let's hope the vaunted Pacifian bank is up to the task. :)

Doesn't seem too private when you are the one not personally paying the reps and fixing your mistake. I am sure it's such a painful lesson you are having to learn. How dreadful.

I'm sorry massa I guess I haven't learned I am not allowed to have an opinion or the Gramlins will think bad of me.

Forgive me, I have sin.

Lame comeback and faulty logic.

Did I say that us thinking bad of you should stop you from having an opinion?

No one said you can't have an opinion. You can have all the opinions you want and spread them to the four winds and Gre and I will think of you whatever we want.

This is just me expressing my opinion of your opinion and making fun of it. Do i care what you think? Not really.

Again, shabby effort at PR and arguing. My offer stands.

Edited by King Chill I

Lame comeback and faulty logic.

Did I say that us thinking bad of you should stop you from having an opinion?

No one said you can't have an opinion. You can have all the opinions you want and spread them to the four winds and Gre and I will think of you whatever we want.

This is just me expressing my opinion of your opinion and making fun of it. Do i care what you think? Not really.

Well good, then you won't be upset that I don't care what you think.

A win win situation all the way around.

Londo, could you address the rumor that NPO will be paying the reparations instead of Athens?

Athens and FoB will be paying the reparations out of our own pockets. As to which nations will be sending them, that's something you'd have to ask our finance department, but in the end it's really none of your business. I'd like to note that we haven't even agreed on a figure yet with KoFN. We've simply made them an offer. And now, if you could kindly butt out of our business, it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by Londo Mollari

Well good, then you won't be upset that I don't care what you think.

A win win situation all the way around.

Almost witty and highly redundant comeback since i already said I dont care if you care.

I guess you went to one of those public arguing classes where they taught you that as long as you keep saying something, anything you will feel like you got it.

Athens and FoB will be paying the reparations out of our own pockets. As to which nations will be sending them, that's something you'd have to ask our finance department, but in the end it's really none of your business. I'd like to note that we haven't even agreed on a figure yet with KoFN. We've simply made them an offer. And now, if you could kindly butt out of our business, it'd be much appreciated.

I guess you changed you mind that NPO was shouldering the burden of those reps?

So back to my original point, how long does it take to get reps settled and paid out.

Yep, according to what I was told after I posted this.

What's wrong with that anyway?

If Athens accept NPO reps and then send reps to KoN it just means that NPO payment will be delayed or payment to KoN will be delayed. You're really clutching at straws if you're using this to try and make Athens look bad.

I don't see your point, unless it's that you want Athens to waste a ton of aid slots.

Athens should have to feel the pain of using their own aid slots for the mistaken.

So back to my original point, how long does it take to get reps settled and paid out?

When you're dealing with KoN!, it takes a hell of a long time for anything to get sorted out.

So, if I understand this correctly, Athens has committed the horrible atrocity of not sending reps before an amount has been agreed to by the aggrieved party and NPO is not being forced to pay these reps.

Thank you for bringing this important news to our attention.