Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

I guess you changed you mind that NPO was shouldering the burden of those reps?

So back to my original point, how long does it take to get reps settled and paid out.

NPO has quite enough of a reps burden to deal with in regards to the various Karma alliances. Under no circumstances would we ask you to shoulder an additional reparations burden and pay our reps for us, though I can see why you might want to out of a spirit of friendship to your protectors. ;)

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're dealing with KoN!, it takes a hell of a long time for anything to get sorted out.

I find that hard to believe when they have done 67 aid transactions for tech since the time when the war started.

NPO has quite enough of a reps burden to deal with in regards to the various Karma alliances. Under no circumstances would we ask you to shoulder an additional reparations burden and pay our reps for us, though I can see why you might want to out of a spirit of friendship to your protectors. ;)

Yeah right, spirit of friendship.

Because we all know that alliances can't do any tech deals unless the government is organizing them...

Or that Athens was hoping that the fickle memory of the cyberverse would forget that they were supposed to be "punished" and pay reps and we all would forget.

Athens and FoB will be paying the reparations out of our own pockets. As to which nations will be sending them, that's something you'd have to ask our finance department, but in the end it's really none of your business. I'd like to note that we haven't even agreed on a figure yet with KoFN. We've simply made them an offer. And now, if you could kindly butt out of our business, it'd be much appreciated.

That is good to hear that you will be using your own nations to pay the reparations.

As for butting out of your business, no one in your camp had any problems (in fact, most people on your side applauded me) when I called out the NPO and co. My views haven't changed, so if you find yourself at odds with me, then it is you who have changed. So, in other words, no, I will not be butting out of your business. If I feel you are doing something wrong or committing an injustice, you will find me fighting just as hard against you to correct it as I once fought against the others before you.

Neither have you it seems

Yeah, shut up Bilrow or they will come back and kick our $@! some more. Stupid peons not knowing their place in life. Back to the tech fields, you!!

But Letum is out in the fields...I don't like working with him!

Or that Athens was hoping that the fickle memory of the cyberverse would forget that they were supposed to be "punished" and pay reps and we all would forget.

Or they were talking with KoN..

Depends on if we are trying to make Athens seem like terrible people or not, but you seem to enjoy doing that enough yourself.

I wonder what you would have done had alliances treated you like this while under terms from you :rolleyes:

Oh look at you with your philanthropic community spirit. Not yet out of reps and already working hard to take care of the little guy and expose the evil doers.

Oh look at you with your philanthropic community spirit. Not yet out of reps and already working hard to take care of the little guy and expose the evil doers.

And wearing my Santa hat in spirit of my work.

Except that membership being capable of accepting aid transactions has nothing to do with how active an alliance's government is, and you are basing your entire counter to the claim that negotiations are still incomplete because of Ni inactivity on the idea that these two qualities are somehow related.

I realize that repeating an idea ad nauseam is a popular propaganda tactic because it makes the message easier to find and reinforces it in people's minds, but that doesn't make anything you've said logically sound, it just means you've said it a lot. If you want people to believe that there is anything to your argument other than you having fun by trying to cause trouble for people you don't like, show an actual causal link between the things you've posted and the conclusions you've drawn, or find better evidence.

Seriously Bilrow? You're saying 1) Athens hasn't paid. 2) NPO will be sending the reps

1) KoN hasn't gotten around to agreeing on an amount.

2) No they won't.

This is the worst propaganda piece I've ever seen. You should have just made a topic called "I don't like Athens" At least it would have been honest. This is trash.

Except that membership being capable of accepting aid transactions has nothing to do with how active an alliance's government is, and you are basing your entire counter to the claim that negotiations are still incomplete because of Ni inactivity on the idea that these two qualities are somehow related.

I realize that repeating an idea ad nauseam is a popular propaganda tactic because it makes the message easier to find and reinforces it in people's minds, but that doesn't make anything you've said logically sound, it just means you've said it a lot. If you want people to believe that there is anything to your argument other than you having fun by trying to cause trouble for people you don't like, show an actual causal link between the things you've posted and the conclusions you've drawn, or find better evidence.

Well I guess we can turn this thread into the "# of Days Countdown till Athens Pays for Their Mistake".

That is good to hear that you will be using your own nations to pay the reparations.

As for butting out of your business, no one in your camp had any problems (in fact, most people on your side applauded me) when I called out the NPO and co. My views haven't changed, so if you find yourself at odds with me, then it is you who have changed. So, in other words, no, I will not be butting out of your business. If I feel you are doing something wrong or committing an injustice, you will find me fighting just as hard against you to correct it as I once fought against the others before you.

Londo said that we'd be paying it out of our own pockets. The details of which nations send the aid offers is an internal alliance affair. It's none of your business.

Seriously Bilrow? You're saying 1) Athens hasn't paid. 2) NPO will be sending the reps

1) KoN hasn't gotten around to agreeing on an amount.

2) No they won't.

This is the worst propaganda piece I've ever seen. You should have just made a topic called "I don't like Athens" At least it would have been honest. This is trash.

Hey hey hey, I already applied for that job ok. Go find yourself another fail PR department to take over and advise.

Edited by King Chill I

Wow, Bilrow, you appear to have sunk to a new low. Quite an accomplishment, I suppose.

If reps are owed by a to b and b to c, the efficient thing for everyone concerned would be to send it a to c anyhow. You are just being a *&^* and transparently too. Maybe you will cause them a little bit of pain by getting them to waste slots but you wont be helping KoNi in any way even if that's the case, just being petty.

Congratulations?

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

You people are trying too hard to find some reason to hurt Athens' PR.

So hard that rather than the aggrieved party - Knights of Ni! - being discontent and voicing this it's an uninvolved, not-completely-informed third party being discontent and voicing this. It reeks of opportunism, but you can't really expect much less from the bitter. :)

It could be that KoN haven't calculated the damages yet? There are quite euhm yeah.. inactive you know?

This.

Now, I've got a question for you: Are you in Athens OR Knights of Ni!? No. I think if either were having problems with this they'd bring it to the public, or work it out with themselves. No need to create some kind of tabloid.

Londo said that we'd be paying it out of our own pockets. The details of which nations send the aid offers is an internal alliance affair. It's none of your business.

You appear to have missed it in my previous response, so I'll repeat it so you don't have to go back and read it again: I will not be butting out of anyone's business, including yours, if you are committing injustices or otherwise engaged in wrongdoing.

And once again, it is good to hear reparations will be coming directly from Athens' nations. That is exactly what should be occurring in this situation, so I am glad Athens is doing the right thing and paying the reparations with their own nations.