Quitting CN, going out with a bang

Azaghul

Azaghul, you're not a very good rogue when it comes to causing damage to the enemy, but do what you like as you see fit and have fun! I personally allocated a month (I had a semester break in the winter) when I went rogue, but the whole damn rogue business of launching nukes ended up lasting me two and a half months and into my school year! So I hope you've done the same and allocated at LEAST two weeks of launching nukes! Because "going out with a bang" takes a lot of time even when you're concentrating everything on 3 nations for 10 days. A lot of times it doesn't end after 1 war. I suggest you carve out a plan, either liquidate all of your tech within the next 3++ months and kill all of your soldiers after your last nuke and let your nation go to waste, eventually deleting itself leaving the enemy nothing to take from you, or just spend an hour each night for the next couple months launching nukes and planning complex attacks against 6 nations, IF you plan to survive that long ;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really understood why that's bad. The tech and money isn't going to go to the people he rogued on anyway. Particularly now de-teching a rogue reduces the damage they do, you're actually doing the people he rogues on a favour by taking the aid.

Confirming this. It made a little sense in the past when the aid sent away was likely to be captured if it wasn't sent away. As it is my warchest and tech stockpile are both large enough that it doesn't matter, they won't capture any more or less from it.

Azaghul, you're not a very good rogue when it comes to causing damage to the enemy, but do what you like as you see fit and have fun! I personally allocated a month (I had a semester break in the winter) when I went rogue, but the whole damn rogue business of launching nukes ended up lasting me two and a half months and into my school year! So I hope you've done the same and allocated at LEAST two weeks of launching nukes! Because "going out with a bang" takes a lot of time even when you're concentrating everything on 3 nations for 10 days. A lot of times it doesn't end after 1 war. I suggest you carve out a plan, either liquidate all of your tech within the next 3++ months and kill all of your soldiers after your last nuke and let your nation go to waste, eventually deleting itself leaving the enemy nothing to take from you, or just spend an hour each night for the next couple months launching nukes and planning complex attacks against 6 nations, IF you plan to survive that long ;)

There's no one that I dislike enough to drag out an end-game against their alliance like that. The only individual is Panfilo. The first round always does the most damage and I'm just leaving it to that. I'm quitting to quit, for RL reasons, and dragging out my quitting fighting for weeks/months kind of defeats the purpose.

There's no one that I dislike enough to drag out an end-game against their alliance like that. The only individual is Panfilo. The first round always does the most damage and I'm just leaving it to that. I'm quitting to quit, for RL reasons, and dragging out my quitting fighting for weeks/months kind of defeats the purpose.

If this is true, they why not click the "delete nation" button and get on with your life. You have been nuking me for 5 days now. Only to boost your over inflated ego I assume. In actuality you are being an immature a** hole. It is one thing when it is a legit war between nations or alliances, but what you are doing is what I would expect from a prepubescent 12 year old.

Now knock it off, click delete, and go away before you make yourself out to be a bigger idiot that you already are.

Firstly I will bookmark this thread for the day that I will decide to retire with a bang. I hope me and my alliance will get the same reaction from the CN crowd.

Secondly I don't get it why people, although fed up with the game, decide to sustain at least a week of annoyance and the burden of logging in. Personally every time I got fed up with the game I just forget about it and my nation dies peacefully (three times across 3 1/2yrs) .

Apart from that, farewell. Not that it matters but I think you were an asset for your alliance and a good player as your rhetoric was suitable for the CN audience. I am sure that you will return, until then good luck in RL.

Aza, you have always been, and will always be one of the best and most honorable people I've met in this game. You have always had good ideals, you were willing to make sacrifices for them and to say hard/unpopular/dangerous things because they are true. Your opinions are based on intelligent insights and wise perspective. I will never stop appreciating the fact that you stayed in the GPA longer than you wanted to because you didn't want to desert your friends in their time of need, and you never stopped sticking up for them when opposing parties were wrong. I will miss the times in #XGPA where you were a sounding board for truly objective thoughts about current events. The real world will be better for you quitting and I am psyched to see where your life goes from here, but I can't help but think that you leaving makes CN even more of a moral wasteland and intellectual vacuum than I already do. :P

PS. Some day, you me and John are all going to meet up together and plot the revolution, k? :P

PPS. Who is going to nation sit me when I get pissed off at CN and disappear for 2-3 month intervals now?????

Edited by apriland

If this is true, they why not click the "delete nation" button and get on with your life. You have been nuking me for 5 days now. Only to boost your over inflated ego I assume. In actuality you are being an immature a** hole. It is one thing when it is a legit war between nations or alliances, but what you are doing is what I would expect from a prepubescent 12 year old.

Now knock it off, click delete, and go away before you make yourself out to be a bigger idiot that you already are.

13k Infra and.... 91,862 Attacking

:o

Arm-up and get after MushRoomMoneyMan hell, you might like war. Ask PeggySue for advice on bouncing him a little. (Don't bother with aircraft attacks, trust me :P )

And buy some nukes... whoops... no wait.

OOC: Azaghul is sending out lessons money can't buy. I expect you'll thank him one fine day. And you don't want to look back on this thread in a year or so and think "Dang! I was fighting the legendary fierce midget and I whined about it." Take what you can from the experience and learn from it.

Edited by HalfEmpty

He doesn't look like an idiot at all and he isn't trying to boost his ego. He's decided to quit and put his nukes to use before he does so.

The fact that a nation of your size doesn't have the SDI suggests that you are the idiot tbh, oh not forgetting your poor excuse for a warchest and that you needed aid from your alliance as well.

I deleted most of my wonders and improvements. I won't be logging on unless it's just to see who attacked me, buy up soldiers/land for them to loot, and to send out one last round of aid. And maybe to launch those last 14 nukes if I feel like it.

Full battle reports are here: http://thecastlehall.com/boards/index.php?topic=24137.0

The full damage reports that I have:

Final loss tally for Panfilo: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=123271

Infra: 11,000.00 - 7,673.11 = 3326.89 infra

Tech: 8,100.25 - 7,297.36 = 802.89 tech

Land:1,426.353 - 26.412 = 1399.941 land

NS: 89,908.231 - 65,703.866 = 24204.365 NS

Final loss tally for Vanguard the Great http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...Nation_ID=28375

Infra: 16,500.94 - 13,513.67 = 2987.27 infra

Tech: 5,478.66 - 4,981.76 = 496.9 tech

Land: 610.806 - 603.020 = 7.786 land

NS: 90,571.047 - 69,632.771 = 20938.276 NS

Plus 7 successful destroy money reserves attacks on Panfilo (70 million worth), and other spy attacks on both.

Didn't get the starting numbers on my third target, so I can't do a report on him.

Edited by Azaghul

You sir...have made yourself some enemies. :lol1:

You are a talented player of this game, what with lacking an SDI and all.-----------------------------------------

Good job Azaghul, this was worth the effort!

Azaghul,

Thanks for the wake up call. If I can manage to pull my nation from the ashes I will definitely put a more emphasis on national security. Starting with the SDI.

I've been playing this game for three years now. Never really thought someone would nuke me just for the hell of it. Guess thats what you get for being to trusting.

Best of luck in the future.

PS. If you would be so kind. Please lay off the attacks. Points been taken.

It is rather sad that radiation has affected your manners in this way - over four days your demeanour seems to have totally changed. You used to be such a polite young boy... :(

Anyone else get the feeling this guy's going to run into a lot more rogues all of a sudden?

Not even close to the worst.

Days in Peace Mode: 1 Days

Desired Religion: None

Desired Government: Transitional

Threat Level: Low

Number of Spies: 550

Last Nuke Purchase: 1/26/2009 9:08:10 PM

Last Wonder Purchase: 4/21/2009

Total Money: $42,099,340

Technology: 5,280.00 Levels

Last Bill Payment: 4/23/2009 7:22:49 AM

Trade Partners: Splendidia, Mongoland, Leipzigistan, Krak des Chevaliers, The Allied States

Total Aircraft: 85

Aircraft Fighter Strength: 225

Aircraft Bomber Strength: 400

Orion's #1 nation never left peace mode during the Karma War.

You aren't the one to talk, really. Your former vice-President (you know the one that rogued us!) only had 340mil at 17k infra. And he was even the one going on the offensive, did he had a deathwish?

Maybe I am suggesting that I don't consider them OOC entirely, but IC.

The attacks are IC, however this thread is not.

There is not normally an IC thread when a single nation goes down in this manner, but if you really do want to discuss it IC I suggest you make an IC thread about it in an IC forum.