Athens - KoFN resolution

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to reiterate that Athens sees the wrong of our actions after talking with our allies. It was a horribly immature thing to do and the adrenaline rush clouded our judgement. The talks with KoFN have been friendly and I am sure we will be able to come to a resolution that is very satisfying to both parties, and perhaps bring some good out of evil, as it were. I would like to reiterate again that we were wrong, that this was a boneheaded action for me to authorize, and that I am genuinely sorry to KoFN. We at Athens strongly appreciate the support of our allies who are standing up for us when it seems the world is standing against us because of our wrong actions. We have learned our lesson, and this will not be happening again.

Sincerity is a hard concept to discern here, Im curious though if KoFN chooses not to be friendly and demands something like ZI for the unprovoked attacks, will you accept it?

There is a mass of cynics out here who see this as nothing more then your allies coming in and clearing a path for you to clean up a mess that up until you had pressure had no intention of cleaning up. Again, sincerity is hard to discern would you accept ZI as part of the "resolution" to this "bone headed action"?

Really why should KoFN accept an apology or resolution from you?

Oh wait, I forgot what choice do they have youve got the big stick and even bigger allies. :lol1:

Who knows what your war targets will accept, hopefully they will take time to educate themselves on the mood of things and go for the ZI clause, that would be just grand for those of us out here in the peanut gallery. Points for admitting you were wrong, Good luck with cleaning up your mess here and abroad. B)

Hate to rain on your parade, but praising someone's class in the cleanup for an action which had no class in to begin with is a bit questionable to me.

One should not be praised and complemented for cleaning up a mess they create, while ignoring that the problem and mess was a direct result of a mistake they made in the first place. It should be expected that people clean up their own mistakes.

Telling someone they have class for resolving a situation that shouldn't have existed, and wouldn't have if they had class before the situation came into existence, is simply silly.

I think we both agree that someone should be criticized for doing the wrong thing. But you find it silly to praise them for correcting the wrong? Whats the alternative? Criticize them for everything they do no matter what? Now that would be silly.

I have no problem whatsoever in praising someone for fixing a mistake, as long as they also don't make the mistake again. How about you?

Be careful there. Things were already bloody, they just didn't get more bloody.

Ahhh right. Mistake noted.

Although I personally only lost like 60 soldiers in my little raid.

I personally see this whole thing as a non-issue , an alliance can attack whoever they want without reason , their target can retaliate , other alliances can get involved if they so choose . where exactly is the problem ?

The entire planet would be in non-nuclear anarchy within two updates. ;>_>

And it would've been awesome.

I personally see this whole thing as a non-issue , an alliance can attack whoever they want without reason , their target can retaliate , other alliances can get involved if they so choose . where exactly is the problem ?

Sir, common sense and reason has no place on the OWF. Get out of here with that crap.

You see that as a bad thing?

Yes. There would be no fun for me if there were no prolonged periods of peace. I hug my infra because there are things I want to do that require high strength, in myself and in others, that I have not yet done. If that gets taken away from me before it can happen, I just might quit altogether.

Frankly, it's impossible not to look at such a situation as if everyone who does it has "BECAUSE I CAN" in mind. If every nation had only 1000 strength, but every alliance was equally populous, how different it would seem that such a situation was taking place.

It takes a man to step up and admit a mistake, i can respect you for that. However, i will withhold judgement until KoN receives reparations (I've already seen aid transactions, so the announcement of it is probably only a matter of time).

I hope we wont see that again.

Now is about the time KofN need to ensure the raid wasn't profitable in the slightest for Athens. I can't see a treaty that nobody in M*A*S*H even knew existed lasting, so I'd be worried if you set a precedent here of allowing raids against your alliance to be profitable.

I second this advice.