Zhadum reveals NPO information: organized logs

Viluin

That's a good point. But this doesn't seem to happen to other alliances. Big log dumps and Profundis type threads rarely seem to originate from other alliances and never create the same amount of drama.

There's no other alliance in which so few, who take their positions so seriously that if they lose them they may dump the information, have so many dirty secrets.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no other alliance in which so few, who take their positions so seriously that if they lose them they may dump the information, have so many dirty secrets.

Actually this thread doesn't even compare to the Shaneprice thread circa Karma War.

Now that thread was priceless.

Worst post of the thread? I think so. None of those alliances were good.

nah they were /b/ made admin mad, LUE made admin mad even though we did not do anything technically but w/e, and m was just epic. NPO is just annoying, like Big Brother in 1984, good idea but it makes people mad. NpO has a cool history too. GOONS is also good and so is GOONS. CN history is pretty good but personally I find NPO just an annoying bit of it, I mean all the blocs that could have been huge got squashed because NPO hated them, even The Initiative died due to NP being jealous. FAN should do a log dump too.

nah they were /b/ made admin mad, LUE made admin mad even though we did not do anything technically but w/e, and m was just epic. NPO is just annoying, like Big Brother in 1984, good idea but it makes people mad. NpO has a cool history too. GOONS is also good and so is GOONS. CN history is pretty good but personally I find NPO just an annoying bit of it, I mean all the blocs that could have been huge got squashed because NPO hated them, even The Initiative died due to NP being jealous. FAN should do a log dump too.

You really do have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

The key qualifier in your post is "only"... a word which Penkala doesn't use once.

I'm here to help, hizzy.

Pacifica is the only alliance with dirty laundry. Got it.

"There's no other alliance in which so few, who take their positions so seriously that if they lose them they may dump the information, have so many dirty secrets."

So no, he isnt saying no one else has secrets. He's saying nowhere else do all three of these things occur - small number of people who know what is going on, motivations to dump when someone loses on the internal power games, and a particularly high number of secrets.

I'm not convinced he's right but it's not what you are trying to say it is.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

dbz_goku_vegeta_tribute.jpg

I believe the palming was a critical hit.

That still doesn't say "Pacifica is the only alliance with dirty laundry."

Basically what he's saying is that Pacifica's ratio of dirty secrets per person is the highest.

But really is it that Pacifica has more dirty secrets? Or that people are more interested in what happens in Pacifica, thus compelling us all to talk about it? Think about how much more attention this leak, or "This Week in Pacifica" garnered compared to say, Experimentum revealing OBR's darkest secrets.

But really is it that Pacifica has more dirty secrets? Or that people are more interested in what happens in Pacifica, thus compelling us all to talk about it? Think about how much more attention this leak, or "This Week in Pacifica" garnered compared to say, Experimentum revealing OBR's darkest secrets.

Was that the loophole in the Writ de Credo thing? I had forgotten about that. So yeah, you're right.

Edited by Geoffron X

Was that the loophole in the Writ de Credo thing? I had forgotten about that. So yeah, you're right.

That was just stupid. The whole world just kinda laughed and made cracks about how nobody would have followed it if OBR had actually tried to enforce it. They might have considered it dirty laundry, I just thought it was dumb.

NPO info leaks are waaaaaaaaay more interesting

That was just stupid. The whole world just kinda laughed and made cracks about how nobody would have followed it if OBR had actually tried to enforce it. They might have considered it dirty laundry, I just thought it was dumb.

NPO are the only people who take them selves that seriously, so their leaks and dirty laundry are far more interesting. Back stab victim of the month, and internal power struggle of the week are way more entertaining than, "Hey look, your charter wasn't written by lawyers, and we found loopholes"

wat? :huh:

i think i can guess what alliances you have been in from your post :lol1:

and GOONS had shark week, i think that puts them at the bottom in my book :mellow:

I dunno, occasionally there's drama among other alliances that spills onto the OWF, but Pacifica's is so much juicier.

No, it's the fact that NPO takes their self so serious that makes it this funny.

A normal alliance just picks its leadership from the active members who contribute something to the alliance, sometimes these people are less capable and aren't given much responsibility, Pacifica however portrays it like their leadership has to go through extensive training and such. :P

Yes, they did.

The argument was made that people think NPO leaks are more interesting because they used to be so powerful.

No, it's the fact that NPO takes their self so serious that makes it this funny.

A normal alliance just picks its leadership from the active members who contribute something to the alliance, sometimes these people are less capable and aren't given much responsibility, Pacifica however portrays it like their leadership has to go through extensive training and such. :P

Are you going to claim that OBR doesn't take itself seriously now?

Woah.

Then some of the Imperial Officers started banning us from #nsa and demasked all the Polars from their board, generally treating us like !@#$ because they weren't getting the military entry they wanted, despite the fact that we weren't obligated to and they didn't do the same during the NoCB War of the Coalition but instead dictated secret surrender terms and tried to get the Polar Emperor removed. That's when most of Polar said the treaty needs to go.

Katsumi, just for your fyi, your access to the NPO Forums as the NpO mask was removed only after, you edited our access on the Polaris forums, not sure if that part was shared with the Polar BR.

And of course, RedCommunist left after a vote for expulsion was started on him using the exact same information collected by that department.

So OOC threatening of harm to an Imperial Officer isn't a Article III offense. And as the person who made the Article III thread, if I am remembering correctly, nothing came from at the time was the ruins of the PCIA since it had long since been disbanded.

Edited by Zeta Defender

Katsumi, just for your fyi, your access to the NPO Forums as the NpO mask was removed only after, you edited our access on the Polaris forums, not sure if that part was shared with the Polar BR.

You in charge of the Department of Redundancy Department now, eh? :P But anyway, we were allowing Pacificans into our private channel, even those who had no good reason to be there like MariMassa, and you had continuing access to the Polar Body Republic which I know because Pacificans were ACTUALLY TALKING THERE. Don't make things up around me.

So OOC threatening of harm to an Imperial Officer isn't a Article III offense. And as the person who made the Article III thread, if I am remembering correctly, nothing came from at the time was the ruins of the PCIA since it had long since been disbanded.

As I no longer have access to the thread, I will have to rely on as much as I remember, which cited stuff that Lord Brown had collected such as a signature suggesting that Moo was anti-Francoism moreso than anything else. Can you be more specific regarding this "OOC threatening of harm"?

By the way, while we're on this issue, I insist on the immediate expulsion and ZI of ChileRelleno for multiple personal attacks towards myself. Your Imperial Officers did absolutely nothing to show even disapproval of his blatant abuse and insults, which are far worse than those NPO has made other alliances expel members for.