The Abortion Disco

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:v: HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, I'M BEING CONTROVERSIAL AND I CAN BECAUSE IT'S JUST THE INTERNETS! :v:

And you know what? You can too!

Just follow my strict guide called "How to be an idiot/popular on the Internets and get away with it!"($10.99 not inculding postage and packaging) and you'll have people screaming at you day and night! You won't be able to stop, and neither will they! Abortion Jokes, Racist Slurs we've got 'em. Every single shock site imaginable all in one directory, we'll even throw in a guide on how to make these sites absolutely free!

You'll be sure to get the attention you deserve, or at least the attention you think you deserve by following my guide. So don't delay, buy today!

- The Day Today Publications © 2009.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Jack has obviously created this alliance for the shock value it would cause. If he wanted it to be successful he would have called it 'The Disco' (unless he really is naive). I can't see this going further than maybe 10 people who are Jack's friends due to the obvious issue of recruitment to an alliance with a name like this. He seems to have a pretty good set-up (nice flag and forums) so I will watch with interest with what happens here.

Also, I find it highly unlikely that all the people who have expressed distaste for the name are actually offended, they're just being offended for other people who might be offended.

I find it highly amusing that IS are quick to heap praise upon this DoE, they certainly should get a treaty going with AD as both alliances seem to crave attention.

:v: HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, I'M BEING CONTROVERSIAL AND I CAN BECAUSE IT'S JUST THE INTERNETS! :v:

And you know what? You can too!

Just follow my strict guide called "How to be an idiot/popular on the Internets and get away with it!"($10.99 not inculding postage and packaging) and you'll have people screaming at you day and night! You won't be able to stop, and neither will they! Abortion Jokes, Racist Slurs we've got 'em. Every single shock site imaginable all in one directory, we'll even throw in a guide on how to make these sites absolutely free!

You'll be sure to get the attention you deserve, or at least the attention you think you deserve by following my guide. So don't delay, buy today!

- The Day Today Publications © 2009.

This is why I love you Johnny A :P

I find it highly amusing that IS are quick to heap praise upon this DoE, they certainly should get a treaty going with AD as both alliances seem to crave attention.

What I find highly amusing is that IS keeps making a splash in other alliance's DoEs, and it's always in the same context (not the good kind, btw), but otherwise nobody knows a thing about them.

edit: "cameo" wasn't quite the right word.

Edited by hizzy

What I find highly amusing is that IS keeps making a splash in other alliance's DoEs, and it's always in the same context (not the good kind, btw), but otherwise nobody knows a thing about them.

Did you expect any more from a lolpink alliance?

I'd like to see Abortion Disco DoW on IS.. that might change my perception somewhat on this alliance.

Did you expect any more from a lolpink alliance?

I'd like to see Abortion Disco DoW on IS.. that might change my perception somewhat on this alliance.

Wouldn't that be fun eh? :rolleyes: To bad it isn't happening. Me, personally would love to see you attack Athens or one of our protectorates just because you do not meet our raid requirements (You are under 10kNS).

I pretty much agree with Hizzy.

There's only one OOC country where the simple word "abortion" generates this much craziness, and Jack doesn't live there. So no, I doubt he anticipated this response.

Although whoever proposed the Saturday Night Fever flag needs to be shot. :gun:

In another DoE I asked the question of what they would say if a friend posted a DoE and they answered that they would show similar hostile views about another new alliance being created. However, this has not what has been shown with IS actually applauding this creation.

IS do themselves no favours.

I don't get it. I mean, you can name your alliance whatever you want and all. I'm pretty sure you won't become a huge alliance anyway so I'm not going to bother getting all super upset, I just think it's stupid. Why would you pick that name? What does that even mean?

Heft is a sensible man. I don't understand what the objective was. If it was to shock people, it didn't go far enough (compared to what we're used to seeing on the Internet). If it was to entertain, it failed miserably. So yeah, whatever.

In all seriousness, Abortion is a word, I haven't used symbols or anything to represent abortions, advocate them or say they are a bad thing. People running in here and screaming blue murder are overreacting, its a word.

damn thats one helluva cop-out. You're worse than Bilrow saying someone is an IC slut.

In all seriousness, Abortion is a word, I haven't used symbols or anything to represent abortions, advocate them or say they are a bad thing. People running in here and screaming blue murder are overreacting, its a word.

So is 'Holocaust'. But it's *just* a word too, right? It has no particular meaning... <_<

Edited by ChairmanHal

I don't like the disrespect shown towards the rules and the verbal warnings made by moderators in this thread.

Warnings have now been handed out to posters not keeping within the lines after Darth Revans verbal warning in the thread. Forum users should keep the rules in mind when posting and not continue to turn threads into trainwrecks like this one. It makes the forum experience a lot more enjoyable for all.