o/ Farewell CN o\

enderland

There comes a time in which one must depart from activities. Sometimes from age, sometimes from boredom, sometimes from epiphanies, sometimes from other causes. I am not unlike anyone else in this regard. That time beckons me and I can no longer resist it's sweet embrace.

It is a tempting prospect to write a lengthy wall of text about how people need to treat this as a game, but it will fall on either deaf ears or the choir, so just imagine a lengthy piece about how people need to take this not so seriously and that CN is just a game.

Perhaps this is a fault of mine - I have always enjoyed the ability to throw my nation into battle, and lose the precious "statistics." Having looked through my photobucket account for CN as of late I found some memorable images. Seems to sum up my CN experiences rather well (+4 happiness is the 6 month bday bonus).

main_boards.png

OneYear.jpg

Over the years I have accumulated a lot of good memories and friendships. Perhaps one of the most exciting memories was the update blitz on FAN when I was in IRON - attacking three FAN nations while not really having any idea about war was an enlightening experience. The list of people who I have worked with or met or amsged (hai omas!) or raided with or debated with on these forums who have made CN a worthwhile venture is quite lengthy. I'll do the stereotypical "quitting CN" post and do my best to put it here.

Starting chronologically as best I can remember, props to -

• BnT - you paying for a 30 day trade agreement led me to IRON and getting involved in this game. Working with you, and getting into spat after spat, in IRON was a lot of fun
  • Pingo Pongo - you won't read this but you were a huge influence on me when I was in IRON, I hope if you rerolled that you are enjoying CN again
  • bay102174 - I will always respect you regardless of whether that respect is earned
  • Furytear - you also might not read this but I really enjoyed our discussions and I learned a lot from you as well
  • betsy - I will always laugh at starting the avatar mimicking. That was epic ^^
  • AA - cheers man, good times back in the day
  • Matt Miller - keep it real man, you are a great asset to IRON and always were. I've enjoyed discussing things with you over the years
  • kevinh - keep it real man, you also are an awesome member of IRON
  • conan the barbeque - you are long gone I think but warring you was a BLAST if you can remember
  • Mia - <3. I hope you forgive me for leaving ^_^ Just remember to play taps once or twice
  • GK - TOOL is a testimony to the amount of work you and a few others put into it
  • Prince Arutha - Cheers man, NV was a blast and I had a &#33;@#&#036;ton of fun there
  • raassaa - I still can't spell your name right but it was also a blast
  • Nel - you are a stand up guy. There is at least one person greatly appreciate of all your works
  • MB - get nuked more lol, n00b ^^
  • Owned You - I've enjoyed our discussions. GL with whatever alliance you are in, glad to see you in polaris. You happen to currently be the top nation in my range which is funny to me ^^
  • decaelo - What I could put here probably would not be appropriate for the main boards :o I hope you don't get fired for "working" at work lol :P You have more land than me now so it's ok!
  • ouchednessesess - Ialso can't spell your name, thanks for the donation deals (ftl :() and chatting over the years :)

Then a change occured, I joined Gremlins (after joining previously for a very short time). I also had this number of casualties at this point after getting nuked in a tech raid in NV (#boobies ftw! I hope that chan gets used still, ,there were a lot of good memories from there)

3000000.jpg

It is a fitting figure to have held at the halfway point in my CN history given what my ending casualty is in retrospect.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing onwards however,

• Gremlins - you guys gave me a second chance and I hope that I made it worthwhile
  • Syz - I wish you were more active, I hope I get the chance to meet you ^^
  • Bob Janova - keep it real man, you've done a ton for Gre and are a great poster
  • omas - /amsg hi omas! Never gonna give you up!
  • wen - FU for quitting so you won't read this FU Wen
  • Han - !!!
  • boondock - I miss the great stories in the batcave lol as well as the really valuable discussions
  • LM - I'm not sure if you, or boon, had better stories, but try to lay off the gmas kk?
  • lordsharpe - I bet you have a reroll, you were a cool dude, keep it real
  • steelrat - I owe you a HUGE thanks for how much you helped me learn so much about myself and life, thank you for that opportunity
  • Blackdigital - I know just how much behind the scenes stuff you did, hope to meet you too
  • ejay - thanks for all the good discussions
  • necAnt - I loved our discussions too, I will always remember our first discussion and how it ended up being a 3 hour political theory discussion ^^
  • inferno - I love you man, you make CN a much better place and are awesome - keep it up - *pimp shades off*
  • eatdirtfartdust - no really, WHO ARE YOU AGAIN?
  • Vlad Stukov - I'll miss our discussions, and your avatar ;)
  • saber - we got into our fair share of disagreements but it was still a lot of fun

• Kronos - this was the most kickass adventure I have done in CN and I don't regret a single minute of it
  • epiph - you have convinced me to not quit FAR too many times, keep up the awesome work, GL with the RL stuff that is about now ^^
  • Heracles - o7 You have been an unbelievable person to work with. I'm sorry for the past week, I know it was not how you wanted it
  • tryp - GL in rl man, I'm glad we got the chance to meet
  • dankbud - o/ COUNT :)
  • feardaram - I'm glad we got the chance to meet too, you are a stand up dude
  • Laz - you too are a stand up dude, take it easy, thank you for all the donation deals :) I will always remember your words about how hard it is to leave alliances, that is how it should be, because it means that you have an attachment to them.
  • snow - feels good man ;)
  • NoJ - you are a cool guy keep it real
  • decaelo - you will whine about not being listed here if I don't list you again :P
  • roq - working with you and trading thoughts will be missed. Keep up the excellent work man
  • MRCALKIN - MADP NAO OK YA K THX
  • Pansy - o/
  • stickmen peeps in the GGA war room - you guys were really fun to work with in the Karma thing
  • QH - thanks for being a great friend (I'm glad you like breaking your rules)
  • oinkoink - it was fun to blow your nation up while you warred me
  • darkmistress - it was still good talking to you, even if you ignore me nowadays
  • sham - cheers mate
  • rakshakas - RAID MOAR
  • DLT - GL with Gre :\
  • FnKaers - the whole lot of you guys are really good people, it has been fun getting to know you (albeit under a bit unique circumstances ^^)
  • Christian Trojans - it has been good to get to know you this past week
  • NEW - I loved that when I randomly would look at your alliance during the Karma war literally every nation would always have max AF/soldiers/tanks, you guys kick $@!
  • BMTH - sorry things didn't work out in Kronos
  • Londo- keep on oppressing people! It sucks you are getting such a bad rap for everything for no reason
  • TheChron - you might be a troll but at least you are good at it. Too many people on these boards just go "no U" but you actually are skilled at it, and it makes IC much more fun when people are competent at being "ebil" than not
  • Hime Themis - Cheers friend, I will always appreciate people like you

It's a long list and I am sure I left people off. Too many people I have met through this game.

A "slops" list is not going to be present here unless specifically requested.

6000000.jpg

Some final thoughts:

It would also be my recommendation that people not raid me considering I will make it not worth their while to do so. So if the perhaps five people who raid and do not know me (:P)could make sure to not do that, it would be greatly appreciated. There is no protection on my nation so feel free to raid if you choose, but bear in mind you will pay reps, either in terms of infra destroyed or monetary and gain nothing. I may continue to collect taxes once every few weeks but likely not.

It would also be nice for the community to forgive CT for his past - I have and it would be a nice gesture for that to be the case on a more global scale.

admin, please fix the large amount of problems in CN or implement any of the numerous easy suggestions to fix things and/or make CN a better game.

And that's all she wrote. Cheers all. GG.

-ender

Where is the shoutout to the lovely moderators?

Don't shrug!

I figure that I've had so many interactions with moderators between the moderation forums, getting warned, PMing them, asking questions that they can't answer and have to appeal to higher authorities, answering questions in the Gameplay Discussions stuff, and being trolled by them that it was implied :P

I almost went rogue for you and didnt even get a shoutout :/

Good luck ender, you always were a cool guy. Although you said you would never leave gremlins :P

Eh I practically gave shoutouts to the entirety of Gre already :P

;)

Well to be fair, piff said he'd leave if I got accepted again and still is there :v:

After reading this I would like to extend my sincere apologies to all of Planet Bob :v:

• BnT - you paying for a 30 day trade agreement led me to IRON and getting involved in this game. Working with you, and getting into spat after spat, in IRON was a lot of fun

It has been fun Alden. Ill admit we never really got on when we were in IRON and that I didnt particularly like you then, but since we both left IRON you have grown on me considerably; smacking Christian Trojans was unexpected but hilarious none the less, for once someone that really deserved it got nuked after spending his existence jumping from alliance to alliance to avoid "spoiling" his nation.

Have fun in RL and if you do ever come back Im always on the lookout for noobs to trade with :awesome:

As classy a departure as I have ever seen...or will probably ever see.

Don't be a stranger.

Also, let me echo the sentiments expressed in the OP. There are any number of very good fixes/improvements that have been suggested by players (including ender land) that could be done to the game that don't involve making spies into some sort of Jack Bauer/James Bond/G.I. Joe Commandos. More of the little things, less Jack Bauer, mkay?

Farewell, Ender. Even if I didn't like your AMSGs, you were a good member of CN and seemed to generally know what you were doing and were a good contributor to the game in general. Losing a member like you is always a bad thing for CN's well-being.