Announcement From The Echelon

As a caveat, it's funny how many NpO nations are arguing in Echelon's defense after they withdrew from BLEU before the last GW hit, and canceling the MADP shortly thereafter.

Because my good sir, I believe the NpO forgives & forgets past grievences (and also can tell the difference between true justice and this crap that you are spinning out as justice).

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for quite a few alliances on the Karma side. <_<

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please!!!

Sorry for missing this. The AUT PM'd me and gave me permission to answer this question for him (and apparently all future questions), and then just reminded me on IRC of my offer to answer.

*ah hem*

I do believe that a previous essay of mine on the moral superiority of inaction when conditions are not perfect may help us understand the AUT's behaviour. While I vaguely recall him fighting briefly on the Hegemony side (which he just confirmed on IRC), he like me no doubt saw the light and thus, as the title of the essay says, Karma made him better than all of you.

edit: ooc: don't post in that topic if you know what's good for you.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Echelon started the war? Lol. You keep tellng yourselves that. A confession at gunpoint does not the truth make.

Echelon, you put up a damn tenacious fight. Good luck in the future.

-Bama

Um, no

Just for a point-of-reference, compare/contrast. Our reps don't even amount to NPO's cut the last go round.

As a caveat, it's funny how many NpO nations are arguing in Echelon's defense after they withdrew from BLEU before the last GW hit, and canceling the MADP shortly thereafter. Whether or not this is the same Echelon as it was during the Hegemony's era is a point of argument. But selective memory seems to be the norm around here.

They remember. I can assure they very much remember. The point is that they are arguing against these terms despite that memory.

keres666 I totally understand the concept of karma and what comes around goes around etc. I'm just saying when Karma FIRST came about the impression they gave was not one of the vigilante but of the hero. Basically Karma is just living up to their name and that's fine just as long as they don't pretend to be something they are not. By that I mean despite the fact that the court of popular opinion weighs on their side, they are still performing much the same actions they condemned. They are no better or worse than anyone else at this point...

They remember. I can assure they very much remember. The point is that they are arguing against these terms despite that memory.

Not all of us.

It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread are the kinds of people who complain when the police get rough with a suspect so that they can get the cuffs on him. My contempt for such people is profound.

Not all of us.

It seems to me that a lot of people in this thread are the kinds of people who complain when the police get rough with a suspect so that they can get the cuffs on him. My contempt for such people is profound.

You know, I fully agree with you here. Well said.

Not all of us.

It seems to me a lot of people in this thread are the kind of people who display outrage when the police breaks into their house, burn it down, hurt their family, destroy their homes and lock them away without a trial.

My contempt for blind people is profound.

Because my good sir, I believe the NpO forgives & forgets past grievences (and also can tell the difference between true justice and this crap that you are spinning out as justice).

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for quite a few alliances on the Karma side. <_<

Firstly sir, I didn't sign this agreement, have nothing to do with it, and most likely won't see a dime of the reps. Secondly, I never said it was or should be construed as "justice" (are any reps truly justified outside of uncalled for rouge interference? In which case, doesn't the general alliance pay for the transgression and not the rouge? Not since my tenure here). My argument, was that historically far-more reps have been demanded for doing far-less, and this is no different of a situation (based upon your viewpoint. I'm still going with Echelon had it coming back in the day. I do not think, however, that the general membership now should pay the price). The Hegemony was far-worse than any ill-construed vision that is around now, and if you have any doubts, just click the search history when they were back in power.

I do understand you and Heft's viewpoints on let the past die, but unfortunately I don't control what other people think. Grudges exist because we're human. Any call for letting sleeping dogs lie will eventually fall upon deft ears.

Firstly sir, I didn't sign this agreement, have nothing to do with it, and most likely won't see a dime of the reps. Secondly, I never said it was or should be construed as "justice" (are any reps truly justified outside of uncalled for rouge interference? In which case, doesn't the general alliance pay for the transgression and not the rouge? Not since my tenure here). My argument, was that historically far-more reps have been demanded for doing far-less, and this is no different of a situation (based upon your viewpoint. I'm still going with Echelon had it coming back in the day. I do not think, however, that the general membership now should pay the price). The Hegemony was far-worse than any ill-construed vision that is around now, and if you have any doubts, just click the search history when they were back in power.

I do understand you and Heft's viewpoints on let the past die, but unfortunately I don't control what other people think. Grudges exist because we're human. Any call for letting sleeping dogs lie will eventually fall upon deft ears.

So you're saying what was the status quo "back in the day" was acceptable? Karma is fighting to create a new standard. These reps are essentially is reverting to what was once common "back in the day".

So you're saying what was the status quo "back in the day" was acceptable? Karma is fighting to create a new standard. These reps are essentially is reverting to what was once common "back in the day".

No, not entirely.

Some of Karma is, some of it isn't. And I can guarantee you that most of the part of it that created these reparations isn't. The people screaming hypocrisy over these terms seem to forget that Karma is a loose wartime coalition of alliances that joined in for different reasons. Despite what the public opinion of the coalition has turned into, this has not changed.

Edited by Raiizn

Wow... this is just despicable. Twenty six people paying 34k tech what is wrong with you people? That is nearly all of their tech. Echelon didn't start the war they honored a treaty and now you all are getting fat on free tech while they basically lose everything. Pathetic.

o/ to peace

Some posters read the whole thread

Some posters read bits of the whole thread

Some posters don't bother to read the thread at all

You sir, didn't even read the OP.

Echelon, you have shown everyone that you guys are brave, courageous and worthy of CN's highest honour. You guys should be proud that these over inflated reps are being asked as it shows that they are still afraid of you.

I laugh at the alliances asking these reps, you show nothing of this "Karma" trait that you have so much publicized. The only alliance I see giving due respect is R&R, R&R to you I take my hat off too.

Echelon, you are feared more now then ever

Well Done

o/ Echelon

o/ R&R

I don't necessarily understand the point of term 6. If the director wants to resign from Echelon and join one of the remaining Hegemony alliances at war, why should the rest of the alliance suffer?