An Official Statement from The Aquatic Brotherhood

Or it could be they were fine with his leadership when he was a good leader, and then he messed up badly and got them killed, so they expelled him. I wasn't around for GW3 so I won't argue the validity of his expulsion (maybe he was just a scapegoat) but he WAS expelled from the Blue Turtle Alliance, how can he reform an alliance he isn't allowed to be a member of?

You weren't there, and as such, really shouldn't be arguing about it. Those were different times. It was a time where you could blame the leader for everything, wipe your hands clean of any "mistakes", and join those who just destroyed your alliance. MD really only did what his alliance and allies pushed for. He was then crucified for it, and lost control of his alliance, like just about every AEGIS leader did. The fact that you are buying into the supposed fact that he is some sort of criminal, incompetent leader only shows your lack of knowledge. The only mistake he made, was losing a war...I guess.

100% Support for Starfox101

o/BTA

Thank you, old friend.

Edited by Starfox101

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there doesn't seem to be any record of the reps that BTA/TAB paid in either GWII or GWIII. MD paid twenty million on top of whatever the BTA/TAB reps were though.

I did find this rather strange thread too.

lol his reps were 5 million per month for 4 months? Oh how times change hahahaha

Is it just me or have you been spending way too much time in the archives, Haf?

Last night, I made one of my regular incognito outings in order to gauge my peoples' real mood, interests and so on.

I do this all the time. I care that much.

As my aide and I walked past one of my capital's finest movie theaters, he suggested we pop in to see a film that came out today. I decided to take a closer look at the poster:

Tempest.jpg

I turned, looked at him and said, "Forgive me, but that looks like it could be one of the biggest 'steaming piles' in the history of film. Let's wait for it to come out on DVD. Then you can watch it and tell me if I'm right."

Added Bonus - Rare Photo of kingzog in Disguise:

126350.gif

(Yar!)

Edited by kingzog

In usual fashion, I skipped over the entire topic to post this: if TAB does in fact force the BTA to change their name, will they be resuming the BTA name? I mean, no point in letting it to go waste after all.

In usual fashion, I skipped over the entire topic to post this: if TAB does in fact force the BTA to change their name, will they be resuming the BTA name? I mean, no point in letting it to go waste after all.

You know, that's an excellent point.

[OOC]In other news, the Federal Republic of Germany today announced that it holds exclusive rights to the use of the term 'Third Reich'. :lol1: Even the rutabaga agrees that this would be ridiculous.[/OOC]

The fact that that's not even the most nonsensical part of this whole situation is slightly unnerving.

Alliances can be very personal to some people, just look at the slew of reformed alliances that have sprung up in the last month or two. Those who reformed them could have started a new alliance at any time, but felt attached to a specific name and identity. TAB's point of view is understandable; they were forced to change their name and now the person responsible for that punishment and expelled for it at the time is using the name again. It's a slap in the face, no matter how you look at it.

Ivan Moldavi forms his own alliance. Calls it NSO. Awesome! Why? No connection to NPO - at all. If he called it the Pacific Order of Newness, would they have let it fly? Of course not. Did he get his blessing from NPO leadership to create NpO? Yes he did! Did these guys, despite the obvious connection? No!

Wait, what sort of ignorance is this? Ivan was Emperor of NPO at NpO's creation. Of course he had their 'blessing'. And NSO was taking a shot at NPO, if you hadn't noticed. You're not even making a point here. BTA was a legitimate alliance, not just a joke name to play on TAB. In fact, if you look at the timing, it's quite the other way around.

Just as a thought. If TAB was officially a different alliance than BTA from the surrender thread onwards, why did TAB have to pay reps for the BTA, being a separate alliance?

Edited by CelenAzrael