An Official Statement from The Aquatic Brotherhood

***Official Statement from The Aquatic Brotherhood ***

At approximately 1830 hours 28.06.09 a former member of the Blue Turtle Alliance announced the reformation of the BTA. The Following Resolution is offered

Whereas TAB is the original successor to the Blue Turtle Alliance and

Whereas the Blue Turtle Alliance as part of the surrender terms with Confederacy of Independent States was disbanded and

Whereas Master Debater was banned from the Blue Turtle Alliance and her successor alliance The Aquatic Brotherhood and

Whereas The Aquatic Brotherhood is a sovereign alliance and by virtue of being the original is hereby entitled to the rights of the name Blue Turtle Alliance and

Whereas The Aquatic Brotherhood cherishes her heritage and wishes to protect her namesake

The Aquatic Brotherhood does not recognize the sovereignty of The Blue Turtle Alliance and hereby issues a request to discontinue the use of the name Blue Turtle Alliance, BTA, and any images or references to the Blue Turtle Alliance. The Aquatic Brotherhood also requests that our allies place sanctions on the nations who choose to infringe on the rights of The Aquatic Brotherhood by not accepting or offering trades and financial aid to those nations.

Signed,

Commander John - External Triumvir

TL;DR -The members of The Aquatic Brotherhood as well as the former members of The Blue Turtle Alliance have spoken in outrage against the decision of certain people to recreate The Blue Turtle Alliance. This is an official request to Master Debater to re-think his decision.

Edited by Commander John

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel it is your right to step on an alliances choice to use an acronym that used to be "yours". All the other stuff, go for it. He should have talked to you first.

Also I am torn on this issue, I like starfox and in all reality, MD formed the alliance, made the pictures, made the forums, ect. It is up to him what he does and doesn't do with them.

But I'm not a big fan of MD so meh

Edited by CptGodzilla

Master Debater was one of the original founders of BTA v.1, this gives him the right to do whatever the $%&@ he wants in regards to said alliance me thinks.

GATO should probably have handled that depraved thing differently then, amirite? :v:

I believe this action was taken more out of spite than anything else. MD is the founder of BTA, and he has the right to reform regardless of what TAB wants. CIS (at least the one that issued the surrender terms) is no longer around, so MD is perfectly able to do whatever he wants with his alliance.

We support you TAB. The BTA is part of your alliance, no one should be allowed to take your name and heritage, without your express permission. If I ever left MHA, I loose all my claims to using it's name, history and imagery, surely that is just common sense. An alliance is never only about who formed it, BTA became TAB but remains part of your alliance and your sovereignty.

Master-Debater was the founder of the original BTA. Your alliance owes your existence to him, by extension if you really are evolved from the Blue Turtle Alliance. Perhaps just let it go? You aren't the Blue Turtle Alliance anymore.

I think this issue isn't as big as you're making it out to be.

We support you TAB. The BTA is part of your alliance, no one should be allowed to take your name and heritage, without your express permission. If I ever left MHA, I loose all my claims to using it's name, history and imagery, surely that is just common sense. An alliance is never only about who formed it, BTA became TAB but remains part of your alliance and your sovereignty.

If you founded MHA... and then MHA was like "yo lets be the Hardly Angry Men", then the original name would be up for grabs to you. Sure, it might be part of "history", but it's your creation.

You're completely backwards. The "heritage" you're talking about is a forced name change by an alliance that, except in name, does not exist. Bringing CIS up in the request by TAB is laughable at best, even. If TAB wants to keep their grudge with MD, then they need to grow up about their immaturity and admit it's what it is.

I have to wonder if TAB even asked the new CIS what they think.

Edited by Schattenmann

Wait, are you requesting that these nations be sanctioned? Pathetic. Although I must say the only thing I find to be more ridiculous than that is the fact that you are continuing to abide yourself to the GWIII surrender terms of a long dead alliance, the CIS. What happened to your pair if you don't mind my asking?

Master Debater was one of the original founders of BTA v.1, this gives him the right to do whatever the $%&@ he wants in regards to said alliance me thinks.

Including leading it headlong into a war, along with its allies, via a completely manufactured treaty (a PIAT no less if I recall). Fun days.

Sounds like fun *runs to pop his popcorn*

though, Blue Turtle Alliance on Black team? :o. Change yourselves to Black Turtle Alliance. Black is Secksy.

Tbh, an Open AA is an AA to be taken.

Edited by Ada069

Wait, are you requesting that these nations be sanctioned? Pathetic. Although I must say the only thing I find to be more ridiculous than that is the fact that you are continuing to abide yourself to the GWIII surrender terms of a long dead alliance, the CIS. What happened to your pair if you don't mind my asking?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you founded MHA... and then MHA was like "yo lets be the Hardly Angry Men", then the original name would be up for grabs to you. Sure, it might be part of "history", but it's your creation.

Mmmm....HAM. Yum.

This all seems rather overblown.

Also, did I read that correctly? You're asking that people flying the BTA AA be sanctioned? Really?

EDIT: Seems I *didn't* read it correctly. You're just asking people not to trade with them. Still, an over-reaction.

Edited by kingzog

I support Master Debater in his efforts to bring an alliance he holds near and dear to his heart back to life. I know the feeling. You know, sometimes it is better to live and let live instead of making threatening announcements that really say nothing at all.