Warning: Tech Scammer in Our Midst

kingzog

Last night, two of Nordreich's Triumvirs and I decided to expel Schills of Betch for tech-scamming.

I won't go into details or provide logs or anything like that. I'll skip straight to the tl;dr....

- Yesterday, someone popped into our private channel and asked why Schills hadn't paid what he owed.

- Schills eventually admitted that he owed not only this person, but that he has an outstanding debt of at least 700 tech to various nations.

- We offered to help him work out a payment plan, but he refused to work with us on this.

After this, Schills also revealed that:

- He does not have the funds to buy said tech, having wasted all his money buying/destroying infrastructure and soldiers. (I don't get this, either.)

- His m.o. is to accept aid and not respond to payment request until people come to him, at which time he says his slots are full, "You don't have a screenshot so I'm not paying" and so on....

- His intent is to re-roll repeatedly, engaging in this same Ponzi scheme over and over and over, in the belief that his debts will not carry over to a new nation.

Anyone who has a legitimate reason to see logs relating to this is welcome to contact me via Nordreich's IRC channel (#nordreich on Coldfront). You may also PM me here.

I will say to Planet Bob what so many said to me when Schills applied to join NoR. If you accept him, you will regret it. Apart from the tech-scamming, he also threatened people in other channels and actively tried to recruit larger nations to engage in in-game spy ops on his behalf. He has been a pain in the backside since he signed up.

In brief: AVOID.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he's honest?

That's more or less what he said too. PD asked him why he would put that and ever expect to be accepted and he said "i don't know what to say, it's just how I express myself".