Number of Alliances in your CN "career"

SmashBrother299

Alliances  

652 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in my 3rd alliance.

I started in IRON, I was there for approximately a year. Left because it wasn't a great fit anymore. I joined ODN just in time for GWIII. Yeah, my timing sucks. Once GWIII reps were done, I was tired of some of the cons of being in large alliances. Decided with a couple of competent friends that it was time to strike out on our own and start up something new. And here I am, still in Genesis. My 3rd year anniversary is coming up in a week or two. I'm old.

Nebula-X (Oct 08-Jan 09 left cuz i was the only one doing anything there)

Dark Templar (Jan 09 - Present ; DT is the ultimate alliance and shal soon take over the world)

Alliance hoppers are gay. People who have many alliances but not out of thier own choosing are not.

Was in CCC for roughly 6 months (18 March - 9 September 2008) then sat on an alliance of one (Mindphaser) for ten days while my final aid deals expired, picking not-so-random targets to hit. Then I deleted.

Three months later, I decided to play again, and have been in TOOL ever since. (22 December was the day I joined)

lol I wish CCC and TOOL allowed dual membership :P

I joined my first alliance (FCC) on like the second day I was in the game, and stayed there for something like 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks (I was basically there about 800 days).

Then I joined my second alliance (TAB), and I've been there for about 8 1/2 months.

So, I've been in two alliances - one of which for 3/4ths of the time I've been playing CN, and the other for the last 1/4th or so.

Hmm, let's see how hard I can think here. My memory sucks enough already, so I may miss one if it was less memorable. Meh.

As far as I can remember;

Genmay > PAIN > Valhalla > The Liquor Cabinet.

Four seems like too many, but I've played for long enough and served each one (except maybe tLC, due to my not having been there for long enough xD) to the point where I don't consider myself a "hopper".

I don't necessarily have a problem with so called "hoppers", if I had the choice I just wouldn't let them be a part of my alliance. I have more a problem with people like Kobiashiy[sp?] who make like 15-20 separate alliances, get treaties, invite members, then disband two weeks later only to start the process once again. Now, everyone has their short-sighted moments where they bite off a bit more than they can chew. That's fine. If you do this once or twice it's probably not a big deal. However when it becomes commonplace that you're in a new damn alliance that changes with the weather, you aren't just betraying the people who trusted you enough to give you a treaty but you're betrying those who joined you. Who are now without an alliance, who relied on you to provide protection but now have to fend for themselves until they find a new one. That's who I have a problem with.

EDIT FOR TEH SPELLUNZ.

Edit2: Oh yes, and I don't consider someone a "hopper" until you've compared it to a certain amount of time. Even then, it depends on reason they joined and reason they left. I don't agree with (and I'm not quite sure if it was him who said this earlier, forgive me if I'm wrong) Trinite who said that is was wrong to leave an alliance because it's going in a direction you dislike. I had to leave Valhalla to do my own thing and take my time in CN to a whole other threshold. I remain friends with many and don't consider myself a "traitor". If an alliance is going so far down a path that you sincerely disagree with and it can't be changed, then by all means the person should change it. It's a game, play it for fun. If you're not having fun in a certain alliance, it's your choice what to do.

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

lets see here, 4 total. started with PotD (bonus points if you knew what that was) which merged into RIA. then i went to Atlantis, disbanded and joined VE. that's in 777 days, seeing how the first was failing and thus merged into the second i think that kind of should only count as 1. there was a good 200 days in that time, then Atlantis were i cant be blamed for not being there longer. and 440 days in VE and counting seems like a nice mid sized number.

GDA since I joined, not planning on leaving any time soon. If GDA were to ever go down, I'd probably either go to TOP or found a new alliance with a few of GDA's older members.

Edit: Just over two years.

Edited by BacTalan