Number of Alliances in your CN "career"

SmashBrother299

Alliances  

652 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember GUARD being hot stuff for a while though. :D

Lack of coordination between the members was part of the downfall there IIRC. Please let's discuss this via P.M. if you think the discussion would be interesting, that way we don't drag this off topic.

Four here as well, and I have to echo Doitzel and Sponge. It's a weird threshold to cross. It seems very high.

Polar was my first alliance and I was there for over two years. Then Genesis for quite a few months. From the end of The Second Patriotic War until the NSO founded. Then the NSO for 80 days and now The Liquor Cabinet.

I don't specifically find a certain number to be too high really. I guess I look at it like employers look at resumes. I want to know that you can stick it out somewhere and not run away when the chips fall. The folks who are in 15 different alliances in a one year span... that speaks volumes of their ability to find a place and stick with it. However alliances and people change and I don't fault anyone for ever leaving an alliance once they've made the effort to make it work.

TPC - The Phoenix Collective (got kicked out of)

The Revolution (Merged with Athens)

Athens.... (got kicked out)

OA - Oceanic Alliance (OA merged with someone to make KK.. )

KK - Kamikaze (quit)

GR - Greenland Republic (Currently active in)

\m/ (2 months - disbanded)

Ragnarok (15 months)

Deleted/None (2 months)

Nemesis (4 months and counting ...)

So, three alliances in roughly two years. I pride myself on not being in a lot of alliances, but then when I type it all out it feels like a lot in two years ...

Edited by Van Hoo III

IRON, NPO, NpO, Vox Populi. Four alliances sounds like a lot to me, but then I'm old-fashioned.

It is a lot actually. 1 for me. Even though there was a 2'ish year vacation(quite game) between my two stints in it.

Edited by DogeWilliam

It is a lot actually. 1 for me. Even though there was a 2'ish year vacation(quite game) between my two stints in it.

I've been here all 3 years and there's plenty of story around my stints in each alliance, though. It's been a lot of fun, on the whole.

I was in IRON for 4.5 months and left because I couldn't take neutrality anymore and wanted to get into the political aspect of the game. Plus I was tired of getting yelled at by my colleagues for such heinous crimes as declaring war on a nuke rogue.

Then I was in Pacific for 7 months and left when I got sick of our foreign policy of dependence on allies who were essentially leading is around by the nose (see: Viridicide). Also Anthony was annoying.

Then I was in Polar for 4 months (it seemed like a lot longer!) and left during the Pacifican succession crisis thing, during which I screwed up majorly.

Then I went back to Pacific for 9 months and left so that I could betray the **** out of them for the whole "let's kill Polar" thing.

Then I went back to Polar for a few days before Pacific forced them to boot me.

Then Vox Populi happened.

Then we disbanded it and now I'm rocking in my rocking chair.

OTF Alliance - 389 days

Py - 38 days

OTF Alliance - 289 days

STA - 4 days

3 alliances in 721 days. I don't have anything against alliance hoppers, except for the fact that the constant jumping from alliance to alliance can be indicative of personalities traits which you don't really want in an alliance member (reactionary, disloyal, unstable, self-interested, etc etc).

Edited by Aimee Mann

CDS, GPA, TPF, Atarax and NpO. Five Alliances looks like a lot but I've been here for 917 days already.

I haven't nothing against people who were in various alliances but there is a limit for evertything.

Edited by D34th

Started off in LUE for the first 3 months or so of my CN career.

Joined kamichi's 'refugee' alliance.. can't remember what it was called. Only a temporary stay. EDIT: New Age Marauders?

Joined FIRE at the invitation of a few friends. 2 months maybe.

Founded the second CIA with Mum2005. Merged with Starfox and some others to form GoG.

Got 'couped', left for CIS, who was at war with GoG and the Sphere. Stayed til after GCV.

Left CIS, joined a few alliances to try and find a new home. Two of which include Legion and CDS.

Back in CIS by the end of the summer. In CIS until disbandment.

Founded Iunctus after my membership with this group called the 1 Vision POW expired. Sad day. Does that count for an alliance, too? That was three months..

I've had an interesting experience in CN. Been here since December of 06. Seen a lot of people come and go. I'd like to think it was okay that I've been in so many alliances. You wanna talk about hopping.. go find Mum. I'm sure he's got a big list. xD

Also

Too many.

I lol'd.

Edited by Wickistan