An Announcement from The Sasori Initiative concerning the War

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in this post do you see me supporting the terms TSI got? I think they're bad and they're making karma as a whole look bad.

I agree with you and I'm upset by these terms, but I'll help my brothers out with these reps however we can, the 1000 mark was just a beginning, I'll help them out with the reps as much as possible until they're done.

one problem there, this whole thread was to announce you already have peace and will get peace under those terms stated. If you have any grievances with it maybe you should speak to your government.

meh, I might resign. I've lost faith in the resolve of the alliance, can't argue with the gov't for that

Fixed. Also all protectorates do not have the same clauses in them. Just a thought.

None the less. Congrats on Peace.

I knew more "tech deals" were coming. It'll be interesting if NPO or TPF get anything beyond "eternal tech farm" terms (since "reps" seem to be frowned upon now).

BTW, supr, can you figure out how DT, BH, and LSR declared on SSSW18? Was it a treaty thing or what? I see that you "fixed" the other listing; maybe you can clarify that for me. I'd greatly appreciate it. :D

Anyone who thought that white peace would continue was either blind or delusional.

The terms are, though, fairly easy. They're buying tech. Why the outrage at these terms, I don't know.

perhaps the fact that two pc protectorates are extorting an alliance who entered merely to honor their treaties... but hey, i dont think the phrase 'like father like son' was ever more appropriate, pc has always been a joke when it comes to having a sense of honor

You weren't around during the first session, correct?

I was around and then left so have the logs. There was a misunderstanding in what was said, thinking Jens was asking for multiples of amounts for all AA's in the tech deals which he was not. Something which was cleared up there and then right in that room.

One of my first opening lines (I'll repeat again) is that I was not interested in anything for free.

Edited by cowen70

If you want white peace in a war, don't enter it.

Let's make a hypothetical situation.

In some alternate reality you're an alliance leader (lol) and you enter a war. You would rather pay reps than get off with white peace? Really?

Well, now I understand why you aren't an alliance leader.

I was around and then left so have the logs. There was a misunderstanding in what was said, thinking Jens was asking for multiples of amounts for all AA's in the tech deals which he was not.

One of my first opening lines (I'll repeat again) is that I was not interested in anything for free.

the fact that you were interested in forcing a bruised and beaten alliance to sacrifice anything at all is a stunning show of dishonor

Rebel Virginia asked for 30k tech for peace the last time he was at war. It absolutely sickens me. Yes, I saw the logs.

Ejayrazz did too. So did TSI, but back then it was okay and people didn't mind.

I am not lying, I have no reason to lie, they are all pathetic. Seriously I mean, REPS? Reps that they are getting PAID for? My god man that is just absurd and pathetic. White peace is the only way to end a war honorably. Again, I am not lying.

Rebel Virginia asked for 30k tech for peace the last time he was at war. It absolutely sickens me. Yes, I saw the logs.

I am not lying, I have no reason to lie, they are all pathetic. Seriously I mean, REPS? Reps that they are getting PAID for? My god man that is just absurd and pathetic. White peace is the only way to end a war honorably. Again, I am not lying.

The majority of those reps, they're not getting paid for, they have to buy 1000 tech at twice the market price, and sell 5k tech for below market price.

The technology reparations outlined here are for 20% of IS' current technology total AS AN ALLIANCE and 18% of TFO's technology total.

If TSI did that much damage against the kinds of odds they were facing, I am quite impressed by their war machine. :)

What kind of odds where they facing IS (12 nations- 1 of which was too big to get a target 2 were brand new and didn't fight) and TFO 29 nations versus TSI with 56 nations, seems it was pretty even if not a small advantage to TSI

Well we have 10-15 potential sellers and our lower ranks are unorganized. I know from experience that new nations need to tech deal and to get them to do it properly is not easy in the slightest.

To do a tech deal properly you need to have them have no more than 50 tech at a time and this is sure to cause some complication when you tell them, "you owe this nation 150 tech." I gaurantee some will just buy all of the 150 tech at once and lose money. Or some will buy 50 tech, send it out, then make the mistake of the receiving nations not yet receiving the 50 tech before buying again. Either way they end in losses. And if those nations that are tech selling aren't active, it puts a lot of pressure on alliance leadership to pay the tech in time. I know this procedure, having gone through it myself. Except 3mil/150tech is downright brutal.

To turn over a small profit for our tech sellers they need to be very experienced tech sellers. Sadly most aren't very experienced tech sellers. In a Planet where tech sellers are rare I can see why these terms were made.

Also note Shuru said IS has remained honorable through these peace talks. That's all I'll say about that. ;)

On to TSI, we'll prevail. We proved we can be a great war alliance and have a lot of potential we'll definitely reach in the upcoming months. I know that I'll try my hardest to help rebuild this alliance and help Toku and Shuru make it into the great alliance most expect it to be. Anything less would be a disappointnet.

I've never had an issue with tech reps, but I must question whether TSI did enough damage to warrant this amount of reps. They're very good, but TFO and IS just aren't all that big. I think someone pointed out earlier that these reps are something like 20% of the entire tech supply of IS and TFO. That's just a bit ridiculous.

-Bama

Excuse me? Kinda confused me...I never have demanded reps..from anybody to my knowledge lol.

We asked for what?

This is our first major war. The first war that involves reps. I don't know how we could have asked for anything prior.

Har har har :P