An Announcement from The Sasori Initiative concerning the War

I would like to mention, as an aside, that Internet Superheroes were some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. Extraduty wanted very little, and I offered the tech deals to him as a thank you. I thank Internet Superheroes for this war, and would like to say that they are some of the best opponents we've faced. Not only did they fight well, but Extra personally helped us out with a few problems during the war. I would ask that no one troll them, and that they be held in good regard, because they are honorable people.

/thread.

Its time for everyone to quit baw'ing.

:wub: King Xander :wub:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, these terms are IS and TFO attempting to turn a profit from the war. Is that a particularly horrible thing? .
isnt that half of the reason npo is getting crushed right now? apparently a whole lot of people think 'turning a profit' (more commonly known as extortion) is a bad thing. watching the lot of them hail this announcement is.... disgusting.

to the two leaders of tsi, stepping up like that and taking a hit for your alliance and sacrificing your tech like that is very honorable, you both have my deepest respect.

to the people who think its alright to extort a protectorate... shame on you. im just glad they didnt wind up like tp. but so much for white peace for those who honored their treaties.

First alliance to start getting greedy, interesting. o/ peace, or something.

not really... look at SSSW18's terms.

Anyways you all are missing the point.

WHY did IS enter this war? To defend TFO... an alliance they have no treaties with. Their only connection is that they are both PROTECTORATES of PC...

sequence of events:

DT declares on TPF because of their treaty with PC

PC declared on TPF because of their treaty with DT

TFO declares on TPF because of their protectorate with PC

TSI declares on TFO because of the OPP

IS declares in defense of TFO because of their protectorate with PC

edit: if shuru doesnt care, I don't.

Edited by Rajistani

Listen, I talk to quite a few people. I know what the original demands. Now tell me, why did you demand reps? Is it because you simply partook in this war to profiteer?

You obviously talk to the wrong people, before grandstanding maybe you should get a clue.

As for Reps I have strong opinions about reperations in this game and other actions but asking for tech deal reperations isn't one of them and something that I'm sure many non hegemony alliances have taken part in and will again. I don't consider this ethically wrong.

As for profiteering how can it be profiteering if reps don't even come close to covering losses? You can say what you like about reperations being ethically wrong but can we clear up some small semantic difference here about what the word ''profit'' means.

In all fairness, TSI really was just following treaties when they joined this war, and I don't think they, specifically, should be punished for that.

But...if you think anything other than white peace is somehow morally wrong or dishonorable, then you need to look back on the sorts of terms which have been imposed on alliances in the past. The fact that TSI was even given terms can be considered, in some ways, a step-up from the status quo, even if said terms aren't exactly fair to them. It's unreasonable to assume that white peace is the only sort of peace you'll see in this game.

what? i thought karma was all about changing the way things were done, you know, that whole moral high ground and stuff, but here you try and justify your actions with past situations that you have previously labeled criminal and the cause for this war... what a joke. what utter hypocrisy.

what? i thought karma was all about changing the way things were done, you know, that whole moral high ground and stuff, but here you try and justify your actions with past situations that you have previously labeled criminal and the cause for this war... what a joke. what utter hypocrisy.

Link me to a Karma surrender term that straight up demanded tech, or viceroys, or expulsions, or ZI's?

Also, link me to all the surrenders that ended in white peace. Please get your facts straight before you call hypocrisy on every alliance under the Karma banner.

not really... look at SSSW18's terms.

Anyways you all are missing the point.

WHY did IS enter this war? To defend TFO... an alliance they have no treaties with. Their only connection is that they are both PROTECTORATES of PC...

sequence of events:

DT declares on TPF because of their treaty with GR

PC declared on TPF because of their treaty with DT

TFO declares on TPF because of their protectorate with PC

TSI declares on TFO because of the OPP

IS declares in defense of TFO because of their protectorate with PC

edit: if shuru doesnt care, I don't.

Fixed. Also all protectorates do not have the same clauses in them. Just a thought.

None the less. Congrats on Peace.

Edited by Supa_Troop3r

Funny how no one seems to be able to realize that Karma doesn't endorse these terms...if they did, we'd see 3 signatures of the Karma Representatives. I don't see those signatures anywhere in this thread...

Think about that.

This is directed towards you, Kevin Cash. I don't feel a need to quote what you said.

So it begins...

Expect worse to come.

i thought you guys were the beginning :P

though i agree, only worse things are on their way, expect a lot of forced disbandments as well. such a shame, karma could have truly altered things, such a shame to watch them revert back to what has been the standard.

my best wishes to those unfortunate enough to remain in this conflict, they will suffer more damages and yet be made to pay even harsher terms.

Link me to a Karma surrender term that straight up demanded tech, or viceroys, or expulsions, or ZI's?

Also, link me to all the surrenders that ended in white peace. Please get your facts straight before you call hypocrisy on every alliance under the Karma banner.

not that the guy i quoted was a member of the mushroom kingdom or anything.

Funny how no one seems to be able to realize that Karma doesn't endorse these terms...if they did, we'd see 3 signatures of the Karma Representatives. I don't see those signatures anywhere in this thread...

Think about that.

This is directed towards you, Kevin Cash. I don't feel a need to quote what you said.

didnt realize alliances uninvolved had to sign off on terms in wars they werent involved in. oh ho the times are changing. not even npo did that.

not that the guy i quoted was a member of the mushroom kingdom or anything.

Still no links? I guess because you can't find any, and most likely never will, except the ones giving white peace.

Edited by Xavii

In one word I will sum up the contents of this thread:

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Neither IS or TFO care about your opinions on the matter. If you expect your outrage to change what has happened you will be waiting for quite some time.

Quit complaining.

As for profiteering how can it be profiteering if reps don't even come close to covering losses? You can say what you like about reperations being ethically wrong but can we clear up some small semantic difference here about what the word ''profit'' means.

The technology reparations outlined here are for 20% of IS' current technology total AS AN ALLIANCE and 18% of TFO's technology total.

If TSI did that much damage against the kinds of odds they were facing, I am quite impressed by their war machine. :)

They have demonstrated by demanding these reparations only why they entered the war. Profiteering. They can say it was to honor treaties, support their allies, or to take on a cause, but it is only a lie. If they truly believe in any sort of principle they would not have done what they have done. They wanted loot. It is as simple and petty as that. Cowards. They are nothing but cowards.

Profiteering? Really. Who does that? What gains a man if he gains a billion tech but has no fun? Did they want loot? We shall see.

Cowards for winning a war? Hm...

There's only so much the cowards could get away with and they know it. They fact they demanded anything at all says enough. Give me TSI's crime. What have they done to warrant this? How is this justice? Who did they force to disband? Who have they EZIed? Give me one gross abuse of power undertaken by this alliance while it was connected to the NPO's hegemony.

I am well aware of this fact, but I am still convinced that both TFO and IS have proven themselves to be nothing more but petty and opportunistic cowards through the way they have conducted themselves in this war.

So apparently a crime is a necessity of reps? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN YOUR BEING ALIVE? HOW IS IT JUSTICE THAT WE HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU SLANDERING OUR BROTHERS? There is no justice. OOC: this is a game. GB2 RL right now. maybe you can help there.

I would like to mention, as an aside, that Internet Superheroes were some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. Extraduty wanted very little, and I offered the tech deals to him as a thank you. I thank Internet Superheroes for this war, and would like to say that they are some of the best opponents we've faced. Not only did they fight well, but Extra personally helped us out with a few problems during the war. I would ask that no one troll them, and that they be held in good regard, because they are honorable people.

^He likes them. He liked the war. He's doing tech deals. What is the motive? Could it be for teh lulz? yarly we proles know how to have fun w/out your petty morals. MWAHAHA we are.

/thread.

Its time for everyone to quit baw'ing.

:wub: King Xander :wub:

I disagree. Bawwing makes the world go round. FTW

It never occurs to anyone that there are more than 2 sides. The Hegemony who try to keep power, Karma who try to be moral, and the third side who are just in it for the fun of it.

Welcome to reality. Its a lot better than your fictitious feudal one.

tl;dr: RebelVirginia needs to keep talking so we have more Bawwing because he's very good at being wrong.

In one word I will sum up the contents of this thread:

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Neither IS or TFO care about your opinions on the matter. If you expect your outrage to change what has happened you will be waiting for quite some time.

Quit complaining.

if you think that the people of cn will not remember this when you come around asking for a treaty, think again.

kind of ironic, really

oh and since people are advocating that karma is all about white peace i would recommend karma alliances dropping any treaties with these profiteers, you wouldnt want to be empowering extortionists now would you ;)

ps: i await the white peace you guys are going to give tpf, gga, mcxa, echelon, iron, and everyone else who simply honored their treaties. since thats what karma is all about.