This Week in Pacifica

It's not that, I'd rather not discuss war strategy anyways, I realized a few alliance leaders out here might be too dense to figure that out for themselves, and it's better they stay ignorant.

The Body Republic is informed of strategy these days?

I'm hearing very different things.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James, you realize if we gave a crap about your #1 spot, all we'd have to do is ease up on IRON a little, eh? I imagine though, we're not here to brag about thumbing our nose at you, we're here to break your !@#$.

I am glad to see mention of the GATO IAA peace mode irony.

NPO embrace the passion within your souls!

What's even funnier is that in that announcement, Moo referred to the NPO as the New Sith Order.

If only today's NSO would release a replica of the same announcement... god, that would be delicious.

The Pacifican peace corps is clearly no longer a war tactic, but a method of preventing the core of the Pacifican war machine from facing the consequences of its actions, while Pacifica's lower ranks and allies face the full brunt of retribution.

This will not stand. No Pacifican is beyond reprisal.

LOL. And they acted as if IAA was so bad, they are pulling the exact same stunts Lord Junkalunka himself pulled.

What's even funnier is that in that announcement, Moo referred to the NPO as the New Sith Order.

If only today's NSO would release a replica of the same announcement... god, that would be delicious.

I would pay good money for that but NSO is not at war with NPO. Oh well hopefully someone can pick up the slack for us.

Bottom line, nobody would even give a crap about any of this if NPO hadn't ridiculed and threatened so many for using similar tactics in the past. Some of the more vocal detractors are on that list, and that's the point to be made here.

A lot of Vox Populi people have used peace mode. It is a valid military tactic and nobody doubts that. But it is simply the latest chapter of Pacifican double standards when a huge portion of the alliance ends up in peace mode. We're not waving our e-peens around or trying to call the NPO cowards. We're calling them hypocrites.

Woohoo, free sig!!! I am so glad I picked up this issue B)

This was probably the most well constructed and stylish TWiP yet, and I have loved most if not all of the previous editions. Thanks Shantanamanananman, great work yet again.

A lot of Vox Populi people have used peace mode. It is a valid military tactic and nobody doubts that. But it is simply the latest chapter of Pacifican double standards when a huge portion of the alliance ends up in peace mode. We're not waving our e-peens around or trying to call the NPO cowards. We're calling them hypocrites.

Agreed.

Personally I have nothing against peace mode.

But why is it that when the enemies of Pacifica use it, it's "cowardice"

But when the NPO and allies use it, it's suddenly a legitimate tool of war?

It's hypocrisy.

Edited by Tomcat

It's not that, I'd rather not discuss war strategy anyways, I realized a few alliance leaders out here might be too dense to figure that out for themselves, and it's better they stay ignorant.

I think your missing the point. We aren't arguing war strategy with you. What's the difference between what your doing right now, and what you threatened to PZI members of GATO for? They used peace mode as a strategy, the exact same way you are now. Your emperor gave them three days to get out or be PZIed. So, why was it not okay for them to do it, and it's okay for you to do it? Don't you think you guys should be PZIed for this, I mean, it's what Moo tried to do to others, isn't it only fair people do it to him?

Of course, you'll probably just ignore this post, because you don't want to look bad.

ohhh Umbrae getting a beatdown? now that is something i would like to see :popcorn: .. also great issue once again Schatt.

Myself as well. To be honest, I would only be more pleased to see him dragged down into my range. Anyway, another excellent issue Schattenmann.

Its kinda lame to see NPO has 238 in peacemode (about 170 from the start) while their allies are doing all the fighting. Alliances like TPF, GGA, IRON and Valhalla have way less people in peacemode and are actually enjoying a good fight. Valhalla has only 7 members in peace mode like a true warrior alliance, good show!

Edited by Timmehhh

Its kinda lame to see NPO has 238 in peacemode (about 170 from the start) while their allies are doing all the fighting. Alliances like TPF, GGA, IRON and Valhalla have way less people in peacemode and are actually enjoying a good fight. Valhalla has only 7 members in peace mode like a true warrior alliance, good show!

Indeed. I don't like TPF much but to their credit they've been good sports about coming out to play for the most part but NPO seems to be more concerned about salvaging their statistics than fighting their enemies.

No, my dear Walrus, I read how my Order was compared to Nazis and then how 50% of the government was in peace mode. Now, let us look at Doiztel's statement:

"Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles."

According to the OP, 233 Pacificans are in the second wave, and most of them are larger banking nations, 16 of them government officials. There are more nations that just "leaders" in the second wave

That means that 16 government officals are currently at war (also consider that the list is somewhat cherry picked, as department heads are not included). I consider Doitzels statement to be a bit of a generalization, that is all.

A very long, well-researched way of saying, "I found a minor point that I may be able to argue about, provided you don't think about my reply too hard."

I shall be polite. I think you are over-stating the "second wave."

You guys are starting to sound like us circa VietFAN2.

You're not going to convince many Pacificans with our own arguments.

You owe me a new keyboard, good Sir.

They still have the temerity to treat their closest allies as nothing more than meatshields?

This is unsurprising.

Oh come now, son. Don't make generalizations... The Emperor fights at the front, as always.

He might not be in peace mode but i wouldn't call what he's done since i declared on him fighting.

I think your missing the point. We aren't arguing war strategy with you. What's the difference between what your doing right now, and what you threatened to PZI members of GATO for? They used peace mode as a strategy, the exact same way you are now. Your emperor gave them three days to get out or be PZIed. So, why was it not okay for them to do it, and it's okay for you to do it? Don't you think you guys should be PZIed for this, I mean, it's what Moo tried to do to others, isn't it only fair people do it to him?

Because peace mode is only a valid war strategy when NPO uses it, for the rest of us where cowards without any honor.

It makes perfect sense really :huh:

Bottom line, nobody would even give a crap about any of this if NPO hadn't ridiculed and threatened so many for using similar tactics in the past. Some of the more vocal detractors are on that list, and that's the point to be made here.

Personally it does not really bother me that they have so many in PM, afterall as many have stated it is a valid military tactic, however you have hit the nail on the head for me why it is justified to poke NPO about their own use of PM.

I can remember all to well as a GATO member how we were told that GATO members would face ZI if they stayed in PM..naturally this was designed to sap our ability to access financial reserves (despite 1V holding a huge advantage). But i find it hard to fathom that a community (Pacifica) that spewed so much rhetoric and posturing on the subject of honor and determination on the battlefield seems to lack the set of balls GATO posssesed when it came to the time to stand up and be counted :gag:

Myself as well. To be honest, I would only be more pleased to see him dragged down into my range.

And i know you and i are not the only ones B)

Edited by Cataduanes

I like how everyone else dropping out of peace mode to attack in their second wave coincided with NPO increasing its peace mode rate by 37%. That's a doozy of a second wave you have going there.

Oh you with your facts and numbers.

You guys are starting to sound like us circa VietFAN2.

You're not going to convince many Pacificans with our own arguments.

So basically your saying NPO's arguments were so bad that not even you bought them?

I don't think Umbrae has ever been out of peace mode while NPO has been at war. Umbrae, if you are reading this, remember when you tried to ZI me and promised me that it would be a "very long time" before I had nukes again? Well, I have nukes again. Come out of peace mode and I will show them to you.

Number of Soldiers Lost in All Wars. 389,102 Attacking + 196,286 Defending = 585,388 Casualties

Ummm... yeah. Tough to get over 500K casualties in peace mode.

you can't get casualties in peace mode :v: