This Week in Pacifica

LOL.

Sorry Mogar, but this is inaccurate mate. First off Motu was gone for vacation, secondly...tactics. People are in peace mode for a certain reasoning.

Well, that explains Motu. I'm satisfied with that.

But tactics with Syz? What kind of tactic is not having anyone in your range when you decide to come out of Peace Mode?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to comparable nations, Matt has, and currently is, shown a much greater willingness to put his nation on the line. So yea, it is impressive. Or you can just insist on attacking everyone on the side opposite you in ways totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand, that's cool too.

He and his alliance are where they are by virtue of keeping others down. The moment a significant war has come along where he hasn't had a significant numerical advantage Matt quickly lost his ranking. There is nothing particularly noteworthy about holding a ranking when all you do is switch to DEFCON 1 while your alliance threatens to perma-ZI anybody who fights back with nukes. Confronted with a real war you'll notice that he has quickly dropped.

Well, that explains Motu. I'm satisfied with that.

But tactics with Syz? What kind of tactic is not having anyone in your range when you decide to come out of Peace Mode?

You are SERIOUSLY asking that question? Go to your military, mate.

I really don't understand why people don't...simply understand military concepts.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Or you can just insist on attacking everyone on the side opposite you in ways totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand, that's cool too.

I do like it when a post has that "it's funny because it's true" feel, so this did make me laugh. Laughed more because we are all guilty of it at one time or another.

you seem to think I give a crap about NPO being wiped out, I don't, but I don't ever hide in peace mode either.

Added a line regarding your military strategy, you're letting your nations go out in waves similar to how TPF, Valhalla and other alliances did in this war, I never stated it was a bad strategy, just disagree with anyone hiding in peace mode. I just think it's sucky that he is never going to get back into the top 10 again anytime soon while the top 2 are in peace mode.

And there goes my point, right past you.

I'm curious how you can admit it is a fair tactic on the one hand, then on the other scold those in peace mode. It hasn't even been a full cycle.

You are SERIOUSLY asking that question? Go to your military, mate.

I really don't understand why people don't...simply understand military concepts.

Maybe I don't understand military concepts. But I do understand defending attacks on allies. I left my alliance in order to do so because they decided to do nothing.

Hi Schattenparkay.

First off, very well written, you stayed in theme, and on point the whole time this one.

Second, does this mean that those of us that are glowing green, fighting 3 and 4 on 1 and still taking names, can we be with the cool kids now?

All my heart,

OBM

Seems to me like they are trying to maintain their first place in NS. I would normally say harsh reparations are not warranted but having been one of those little people it is a bit rough to see them abusing their members like this. I truly hope the used masses are able to read this and understand that it is not about preserving nations to help rebuild those who fight, but simply about preserving the nations of those who have any say so in the alliance.

While other TWiP editions might have shown more forum screens or other amusing oddities, this one actually packed a very relevant punch. Isn't that what they have always asked for Schatt? Considering they are not here declaring what this doesn't do, I can only say you must have hit this one squarely.

Maybe I don't understand military concepts. But I do understand defending attacks on allies. I left my alliance in order to do so because they decided to do nothing.

Let me put it this way mate..

We release everyone at once, who is there to attack when the others need a little time to rebuild, etc? You never send everyone in at once or you'll fail mate. They aren't cowards. And to be honest, both of them are getting restless. They are itching for blood.

What's funnier is that they've chased people for months (years?) citing "desertion" during a war. Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles.

Oh come now, son. Don't make generalizations... The Emperor fights at the front, as always.

Let me put it this way mate..

We release everyone at once, who is there to attack when the others need a little time to rebuild, etc? You never send everyone in at once or you'll fail mate. They aren't cowards. And to be honest, both of them are getting restless. They are itching for blood.

You'd better hurry and let them loose soon, or they'll be itching for a long time.

Oh come now, son. Don't make generalizations... The Emperor fights at the front, as always.

How about all the other leaders? All the others that have put NPO in this position, those that have put the nations of the Body Republic in this position? When will they bleed with their "comrades"?

I actually thought this was excellently written as a story along with good graphics to back it up. Truthful or not, it's a pretty solid piece of propaganda and a good look at what creativity can bring to the general forum.

Well, he sort of has to. It'd be far more embarrassing if he were on this list too, wouldn't it?

There is nothing to fear but fear itself; if you want to send aid than do it, don't hand your self-determinative right to pat someone on the back over to anyone.

BTW.. Aid sent.

Odd are you never had to deal with my former self, I fear no man or women, no alliance or infrastructure, however I'm not stupid nor willing to put those at harm that so graciously gave me a home when no one else would.

Am I enjoying the current show :popcorn:, ohh hell yea, however I also know Pacifica's Modus Operandi,( enjoy the pun) They never forget anything and sorry to say I'm not jeopardizing something I didn't build for the lolz, it's not my call to make and I took a vow.

Well just as soon as Vladimir is reasonably sure he can invent a reason why NP actually won the Karma War, I think NPO will accept peace.

That should be an enjoyable piece of 1500 words or more of pure fiction, can't wait to read it :P

Hi Schattenparkay.

First off, very well written, you stayed in theme, and on point the whole time this one.

Second, does this mean that those of us that are glowing green, fighting 3 and 4 on 1 and still taking names, can we be with the cool kids now?

All my heart,

OBM

I believe an official answer would be along the lines of, "Hush, meatshield!"

Oh dear, somebody didn't read the OP.

Edited by kingzog

The propaganda that bases itself on fact is the hardest to refute.

No, that's easy to refute, too.

All you need to do is go "NUH UH!" really loud. Then you stick your fingers in your ears so you don't have to hear any counter-arguments.

That's what I do.

ignore.gif

I don't think Umbrae has ever been out of peace mode while NPO has been at war. Umbrae, if you are reading this, remember when you tried to ZI me and promised me that it would be a "very long time" before I had nukes again? Well, I have nukes again. Come out of peace mode and I will show them to you.

I believe an official answer would be along the lines of, "Hush, meatshield!"

Oh dear, somebody didn't read the OP.

No, my dear Walrus, I read how my Order was compared to Nazis and then how 50% of the government was in peace mode. Now, let us look at Doiztel's statement:

"Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles."

According to the OP, 233 Pacificans are in the second wave, and most of them are larger banking nations, 16 of them government officials. There are more nations that just "leaders" in the second wave

That means that 16 government officals are currently at war (also consider that the list is somewhat cherry picked, as department heads are not included). I consider Doitzels statement to be a bit of a generalization, that is all.

No, my dear Walrus, I read how my Order was compared to Nazis and then how 50% of the government was in peace mode. Now, let us look at Doiztel's statement:

"Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles."

According to the OP, 233 Pacificans are in the second wave, and most of them are larger banking nations, 16 of them government officials. There are more nations that just "leaders" in the second wave

That means that 16 government officals are currently at war (also consider that the list is somewhat cherry picked, as department heads are not included). I consider Doitzels statement to be a bit of a generalization, that is all.

Wow. You took all of that effort of filing through the forums for one little out-of-context quote from Doitzel just to make a point no one will care about?

It is your claim that in the end, the leaders as a whole will have bled equally with the Body?