This Week in Pacifica

No, my dear Walrus, I read how my Order was compared to Nazis and then how 50% of the government was in peace mode. Now, let us look at Doiztel's statement:

"Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles."

According to the OP, 233 Pacificans are in the second wave, and most of them are larger banking nations, 16 of them government officials. There are more nations that just "leaders" in the second wave

That means that 16 government officals are currently at war (also consider that the list is somewhat cherry picked, as department heads are not included). I consider Doitzels statement to be a bit of a generalization, that is all.

I like how everyone else dropping out of peace mode to attack in their second wave coincided with NPO increasing its peace mode rate by 37%. That's a doozy of a second wave you have going there.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my dear Walrus, I read how my Order was compared to Nazis and then how 50% of the government was in peace mode. Now, let us look at Doiztel's statement:

"Nobody's above anyone else in the Order, yet the leaders are the ones in peace mode and the leaders are the first to be rebuilt when the dust settles."

According to the OP, 233 Pacificans are in the second wave, and most of them are larger banking nations, 16 of them government officials. There are more nations that just "leaders" in the second wave

That means that 16 government officals are currently at war (also consider that the list is somewhat cherry picked, as department heads are not included). I consider Doitzels statement to be a bit of a generalization, that is all.

lol Second wave...right...

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Second wave? What week does that start?

The NPO has always use peacemode as a tactic, it is no different now than it was then.

The Pacifican peace corps is clearly no longer a war tactic, but a method of preventing the core of the Pacifican war machine from facing the consequences of its actions, while Pacifica's lower ranks and allies face the full brunt of retribution.

This will not stand. No Pacifican is beyond reprisal.

I don't think Umbrae has ever been out of peace mode while NPO has been at war. Umbrae, if you are reading this, remember when you tried to ZI me and promised me that it would be a "very long time" before I had nukes again? Well, I have nukes again. Come out of peace mode and I will show them to you.

ohhh Umbrae getting a beatdown? now that is something i would like to see :popcorn: .. also great issue once again Schatt.

Edited by Cataduanes

Of course, it's the same thing the OP is trying to do. We could never decisively defeat FAN because one by one they all escaped into peace mode, and once that happens there's not much you can really do. We threatened and goaded and insulted FAN but it was all tactics, we just wanted to get them out of peace mode by hook or crook so they could be defeated.

The thing is, we more than ANYONE else understand this, that if you're beaten but escape then you can basically just thumb your nose at your attackers. This will be particularly grating upon Karma because we will have done so before they could even take our #1 ranking from us.

This post is not so much a sign of arrogant victory but of impotent anger. There they are, our leadership and rebuilding nations intact and undamaged. So long as they are there, we small nations no matter how blown to smithereens we become can be effortlessly rebuilt in a matter of weeks.

The other thing about this situation is that us small nations are as safe down here blown to bits as the big nations are up in peace mode. I absurdly outmatch anything I could come up against down here, and my opponents are inexperienced and flush with money and cash.

We learned a lot from FAN.

I could say so many things about this post, but in the end I'm just a little bit speechless so I'll leave it to someone else.

Edit: overly honest.

And not fast enough...

To respond to before the edit:

Of course, it's the same thing the OP is trying to do. We could never decisively defeat FAN because one by one they all escaped into peace mode, and once that happens there's not much you can really do. We threatened and goaded and insulted FAN but it was all tactics, we just wanted to get them out of peace mode by hook or crook so they could be defeated.

The thing is, we more than ANYONE else understand this, that if you're beaten but escape then you can basically just thumb your nose at your attackers. This will be particularly grating upon Karma because we will have done so before they could even take our #1 ranking from us.

This post is not so much a sign of arrogant victory but of impotent anger. There they are, our leadership and rebuilding nations intact and undamaged. So long as they are there, we small nations no matter how blown to smithereens we become can be effortlessly rebuilt in a matter of weeks.

The other thing about this situation is that us small nations are as safe down here blown to bits as the big nations are up in peace mode. I absurdly outmatch anything I could come up against down here, and my opponents are inexperienced and flush with money and cash.

I love this war.

Yeah only it doesn't work that way.

NPO smaller nations are tech farms and meat shields. Always have been and always will be.

I remember when every ex-CIS nation found in peace mode was sentenced to 2 times the length of war other ex-CIS nations went through whenever they came out of peace. Same thing happened to GATO, and likely other alliances I can't recall off the top of my head this early in the morning. Simply because hiding in peace mode is bad and cowardly. Then NPO does it, and suddenly it is a tactic to rebuild the alliance or a second wave. All how you spin the ball.

But the thing is you need to have your big nations leave peace mode to aid your smaller nations. I doubt any of your nations currently sitting in peace mode would be selfless enough to leave peace mode just to aid some of your meat shields.

As long as your leadership and big nations are in peace mode, I doubt your alliance will be seeing true peace for a long time. Peace mode is the great pause button, enjoy putting all of your nations on hold.

Don't let them try and bull you, James Dahl. Stand up for yourself.

It's not that, I'd rather not discuss war strategy anyways, I realized a few alliance leaders out here might be too dense to figure that out for themselves, and it's better they stay ignorant.

It's not that, I'd rather not discuss war strategy anyways, I realized a few alliance leaders out here might be too dense to figure that out for themselves, and it's better they stay ignorant.

Ignorant? You mean kind of like not knowing how much of the world was waiting for NPO to make the wrong move? Oh wait, no that isn't what you were getting at but I wonder how much of such the little NPO nations were made aware of?

As good as FAN is at understanding game mechanics, if you'll notice they can't grow very much while in peace mode. If NPO refuses to surrender, perpetual war will ultimately, slowly drive growth down to a non-factor. I don't think an alliance in perpetual war can really keep a sanction considering there is basically no incoming recruits.