TPF Change Of Command

Turkey

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright now that I got my crack in and read the topic I was to dispel a couple of trolling points coming from my side regarding TPF.

Troll point #1: You attacked mid day? lol nubs. Ok seriously I have hated the concept of update quad attacks since I fought GWII in NPO. In my opinion its cowardly to take advantage and try to get a first punch in. I'm more of the person that likes upfront attitudes of "If that's the way its going to be, then so be it." more than blindsiding someone while they are asleep. I know its a good tactical advantage, but this is the way to do it in my opinion.

Troll point #2: You guys just attacked the smallest enemy in the conflict, to afraid to take on a real foe. Oh please give me a break guys. You know the treaties will chain. It doesn't really matter how it goes down, TPF will have full defensive slots anyways. And if you haven't noticed, Vilien and Avalanche have seemed to have always had some sort of beef that hasn't been held back on these boards. I think that declaring war on someone that you have friction with is a good thing. I know I've done it, and its been done on me, and it seems that both rulers walk away with at least a neutral stance on each other. It gets out that suppressed aggression and finally gives you a chance to clean the slate and move on in the future.

Its not big secret that even my own alliance and TPF have beef. But I'm at least trying to put biases aside and see what actions alliances are trying to take for them to feel best with themselves at the end. You don't have to ridicule every alliance on every move they make, because chances are if you were stuck in that position you would be sweating too. I'm glad they stood up in the end, I'm not going to give them much praise for anything. But even I can see the good intentions in their actions.

Avalance: Appetizer

GR: Will come along and be the first course.

When you're starving you dont just gorge yourself on food. Moderation, my friend.

Moderation is key. :D

Spread it out, start small work big.

Geesh... you'd think none of these idiot trolls have ever eaten a meal in their lives.

Alright now that I got my crack in and read the topic I was to dispel a couple of trolling points coming from my side regarding TPF.

Troll point #1: You attacked mid day? lol nubs. Ok seriously I have hated the concept of update quad attacks since I fought GWII in NPO. In my opinion its cowardly to take advantage and try to get a first punch in. I'm more of the person that likes upfront attitudes of "If that's the way its going to be, then so be it." more than blindsiding someone while they are asleep. I know its a good tactical advantage, but this is the way to do it in my opinion.

Troll point #2: You guys just attacked the smallest enemy in the conflict, to afraid to take on a real foe. Oh please give me a break guys. You know the treaties will chain. It doesn't really matter how it goes down, TPF will have full defensive slots anyways. And if you haven't noticed, Vilien and Avalanche have seemed to have always had some sort of beef that hasn't been held back on these boards. I think that declaring war on someone that you have friction with is a good thing. I know I've done it, and its been done on me, and it seems that both rulers walk away with at least a neutral stance on each other. It gets out that suppressed aggression and finally gives you a chance to clean the slate and move on in the future.

Its not big secret that even my own alliance and TPF have beef. But I'm at least trying to put biases aside and see what actions alliances are trying to take for them to feel best with themselves at the end. You don't have to ridicule every alliance on every move they make, because chances are if you were stuck in that position you would be sweating too. I'm glad they stood up in the end, I'm not going to give them much praise for anything. But even I can see the good intentions in their actions.

Thank you for this. I was about to say the same more or less but it's better to come from your side. ^_^

Edited by rabonnobar

So basically you want to attack an alliance with 7mil NS less than you, just to draw in its treaty partners, so yours will be drawn in as well.

Nice to know TPF is thinking about the strategy and not the honor, for a "rush" declaration, there sure was a lot of thinking about the target.

If GR wants to bring in more friends, fine. I don't know how many of our allies will join in, if any at all, but only time will really tell that.

Now if you will excuse me, I have other pressing matters. (OOC: Logging in from work ftl)

Then why was the treaty with NPO canceled in the first place?

To be honest? We were pissed when we heard NPO had apparently been seeking peace without ever telling her allies. How much of that was true I don't personally know. mhawk took it to mean that TPF wouldn't help him keep his word. Which was a mistake.

Government, including myself, was torn between honoring the treaty and letting NPO burn for not thinking to discuss possible peace negotiations with their allies.

But if mhawk had asked us, whether we should go to war, once the emotions calmed down, the vote would have been a unanimous yes. We called mhawk into the discussion and told him that TPF was mobilizing, and that since he had stepped down, he had no say in it. Needless to say, I think mhawk understands that TPF was always behind him, 100%. Even if, in our anger, we gave a different impression.

To all those saying TPF is cowardly, I am sure they await your DOW

I'm sorry, my alliance doesn't have an urge to bandwagon on a conflict. We are treatied to LoSS, GOD, and RIA, none of which have been attacked. We aren't going to declare war on NPO or TPF because we want to, that would be bandwagoning.

I am fine with attacking mid day, it is a valid strategy.

They have a beef with people, but don't most people attacking? Can you honestly say that no one else involved has a beef with TPF? I think the answer is clear, most if not all of the people who have declared on NPO do have some form of beef with TPF. And regardless of how treaties chain, its just an attempt to draw their own allies in using their D clauses when they have started it by attacking a 700kNS alliance. Good strategy for sure, but honorable? Naw.

You touch my Avalanche, don't expect me to be happy. Avalanche was one of GR's first protectorates and as the MoFA, I was extremely close to them and their government. Watching them grow has made me extremely proud, and to see them attacked when there are other targets who would actually be around the same size as TPF makes me angry, make sense?

To be honest? We were pissed when we heard NPO had apparently been seeking peace without ever telling her allies. How much of that was true I don't personally know. mhawk took it to mean that TPF wouldn't help him keep his word. Which was a mistake.

Government, including myself, was torn between honoring the treaty and letting NPO burn for not thinking to discuss possible peace negotiations with their allies.

But if mhawk had asked us, whether we should go to war, once the emotions calmed down, the vote would have been a unanimous yes. We called mhawk into the discussion and told him that TPF was mobilizing, and that since he had stepped down, he had no say in it. Needless to say, I think mhawk understands that TPF was always behind him, 100%. Even if, in our anger, we gave a different impression.

And all this mess was governed by mhawk. And people still call him a good leader. Damn.

I'm sorry, my alliance doesn't have an urge to bandwagon on a conflict. We are treatied to LoSS, GOD, and RIA, none of which have been attacked. We aren't going to declare war on NPO or TPF because we want to, that would be bandwagoning.

I am fine with attacking mid day, it is a valid strategy.

They have a beef with people, but don't most people attacking? Can you honestly say that no one else involved has a beef with TPF? I think the answer is clear, most if not all of the people who have declared on NPO do have some form of beef with TPF. And regardless of how treaties chain, its just an attempt to draw their own allies in using their D clauses when they have started it by attacking a 700kNS alliance. Good strategy for sure, but honorable? Naw.

You touch my Avalanche, don't expect me to be happy. Avalanche was one of GR's first protectorates and as the MoFA, I was extremely close to them and their government. Watching them grow has made me extremely proud, and to see them attacked when there are other targets who would actually be around the same size as TPF makes me angry, make sense?

You should know by now. TPF won't fight unless they outnumber a foe 7-1.

Please, don't spoil the surprise. It's Valhalla, isn't it?

I would place my bet on Old Guard and Echelon.

@TPF

Doesn't matter whether you would have honored your treaties or not, whether you're cowards or not or whether you would have fled or not: what goes around, comes around. Good thing is you kept the initiative to yourself, /me applauds.

And all this mess was governed by mhawk. And people still call him a good leader. Damn.

Mr. Mhawk understands an obscure ancient art, one that was common knowledge back in my day, known as "honoring treaties". He was even willing to give up everything to do it on his own last night.

-Bama

Mr. Mhawk understands an obscure ancient art, one that was common knowledge back in my day, known as "honoring treaties". He was even willing to give up everything to do it on his own last night.

-Bama

You are an excellent person my friend.

-Bama

right... senile elephant.. or did you forget that back in the day TPF didn't honour there treaties but ran to the other side.. Wow that sucks doesn't it TPF this time the other side won't take you.