1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of great anecdotes and snippets of history here (I'm an 810 day-er myself), though not much analytical analysis. :J

Probably the most fun I've had here was during GW3, when doing epic stats updates that chronicled the day-by-day blows to the various and sundry belligerents. Not being a Flatliner, I was probably happier with the daily results than the other half of the game; but when its all said and done it ended up being a great pocket guide to the warmonger in a hurry. I suppose today they stand as silent witnesses to battles long ended.

I'm with whoever said that past is prelude. The good old days I remember are probably remembered differently by much of Bob. We may be slightly less colorful (and numerous) but wheels are always in motion. Sooner or later new hilarity will ensue for the new generation of rulers to recall fondly.

I'd like to take credit for causing AMF to quit the game during the FAN war. I attacked him and billocked immediately him which caused him to leave NPO and hide in peace mode for months before deleting. What a whiny tool. :lol:

I think I have a reason to :wub: Valhalla now.

I remember as far back as the Continuum - GPA war.

Yeah, I'm pretty new.

That was what, a year ago?

Maroon War is as far back as my memory goes.

Newbie back then so wasn't aware of the bigger scheme; after NpO and GOONS had joined there was quite the potential for a GW. Or so I've heard afterwards.

Fun times, mostly.

November 2006 iirc.

I remember I first got heavily involved in CN politics during my days in GOLD nearing GWII (I played for a little while before hand but wasn't heavily into the politics). I was around since September 2006 I believe. Obviously this isn't my first appearance. I still to this day will hold that GOLD was one of the best times I had in CN. Great wars don't exist anymore (The Polar war was more of a Great Stomping than a Great War) and back then people didn't drop their allies like flies. GWIII was kind of cool too, I wish GOLD participated in that since we slowly went downhill shortly afterwards anyway.

I've been in several alliances since GOLD and several different characters (I think this is my 3rd). Gotta love PR suicide, but Hell it isn't my fault people turn on their protectorates (RIP Purge, RIP FPI). Nowadays I care very little even though I still follow it. I don't care who's on top/bottom, I have no grudes or anything. I just wish that something epic would happen again but those days are over. And like I said in another post, no I won't try and do something about it because that would require lots of effort for a probable failure.

GOLD sucked.

GOLD was so horrible during GW2. I wanted to strangle them

lol, I'm not going to defend against GOLD's war abilities, diplomacy abilities or anything else, I will self admit that GOLD sucked in alot of ways, but it was also my start in CN and I still talk to most of the people I knew from GOLD more than anywhere else. Somehow we got sanctioned though, so cheers to GOLD

I have to say that it has been a pleasure to see all of this reflection on CN past.

What would some of you say your favorite moment of CN past is?

Heh

Could be the onset of the FAN War, which was the first war I decided to wait for an update blitz for, and was rewarded with the greatest CN video ever in the form of The Real World: Cybvernation.

Also could be when Polar declared war on The Blue Revolution for attacking NPO.

What would some of you say your favorite moment of CN past is?

Difficult. I'll go with the day we resigned the Maroon Entente with VE. It was a lonely game without them. My only other consideration would be the day OIN declared on us in GW3.

why you gotta hate :(

as bad as GOLD was, a lot of contributing members have emerged from there in other alliances.

None of the now good members of CN were in gov there. That is the problem :P

It always seemed like how their government was set up totally destroyed the ability of the alliance to function.

Yes.

He was GOLD gov?

Then I guess they weren't that bad. Machiabelly was awesome

He was Premier for one term and appointed me as a lowly Junior Security Councilor after one of the others resigned. My claim to fame was being good at tech dealing and really had no idea about CN politics until I joined Valhalla.

Edit: I also remember threatening Sparta over Silent01 taking aid from a nuke rogue. lolz

Edited by Bob Sanders

I started my first nation 852 days ago, Minco. I joined CN in the radiation after glow of GW1. I joined NAAC the next day. I remember the NPO being evil and hating the NpO for existing. I remember being able to speak my mind, now-a-days I rarely log into the public forums. I remember standing up to GOONS treatment of Fark, the type of action that everyone is too afraid to do in the current climate. I remember having and not launching any of my nukes in GW2 and vowing never to buy to buy nukes again unless they would be used in war; they obviously did not work for deterence. I remember the disbanding of NAAC and retiring my old nation and leaving for the moon.

Things are so different now, I miss post GW1 pre GW2. I miss the NAAC though some of the spirit and community lives on.