Madlads Union, Declaration of Existence

BO9FwPj.png

As Acting Chief Executive of the Madlads Union, I AkkenNoikov, declare the official secession of our members from the Union of Communist Republics.  The cause of this declaration has been communicated in private out of respect to our brown comrades.  

Thank you.

Edited by AkkenNovikov
Capitalization

• AkkenNovikov changed the title to Madlads Union, Declaration of Existence

I have never forgiven you for the face I made when I woke up to see I had -4,000 soldiers.

That being said, I'm sure this largely had to do with Marx's disastrous leadership. He made little attempt to participate in the last war or help his alliance-mates. Sent very little aid while requesting his allies' help on that front. Made clear the war would never end as his membership was being pounded into oblivion, only relenting when we dragged his nation down. I'll never forget seeing UCR members with Political Lobbyist wonders but no SDIs, no doubt at his insistence.

UCR was all about Marx, even at the expense of the membership.

This is indeed regrettable but it is for the best to leave home when it's no longer really home, I've no doubt you will prosper. You're owed medals big time for your efforts last war and it was nice to see all of BUTT having worked well together when I came back from my holiday. 

Up the MadLads o/

screw the tankies

12 hours ago, Master Hakai said:
Madlads Union is under official protection from Post Grunge Supergroup. Any attack on Madlads Union will be responded to with military force.

PGS_Flag_square.jpg?ex=6545afba&is=65333aba&hm=c4101263ab0eee8873246fae9db607275e51876d71c347c36f544e03c53c1b12&

master hakai
jason8
serberus
solorocket
xamuel
jsoprano

SirWilliam

15 hours ago, Master Hakai said:
Madlads Union is under official protection from Post Grunge Supergroup. Any attack on Madlads Union will be responded to with military force.

PGS_Flag_square.jpg?ex=6545afba&is=65333aba&hm=c4101263ab0eee8873246fae9db607275e51876d71c347c36f544e03c53c1b12&

master hakai
jason8
serberus
solorocket
xamuel
jsoprano

We appreciate the protection! 

1 hour ago, The R00STER said:

Are you still communists?

Hopefully, this will answer your question. 

MadLands Union Constitution
Officially Adopted 10/21/2023 @2:15 EST

Preview
Article I - Membership Section
Article II - Government Section
Article III - Ministers Section
Article IV - Military and War Section
Article V - Martial Law Section
Article VI - Amendments and Disbandment Section
Article VII - Discord Rules Section
Article VIII - Merits Section
Article IX - Miscellaneous Section

Article I - Membership Section
Article I, Section I: Applications 
To Join the Madlads Union, an applicant must: 
• Change their in-game Alliance Affiliation to “Madlads Union” 
• Change their team colour to Brown
• Join the Madlads Union’s Discord 
• Not be on any alliance's target list(s) 
• Not be in a state of war with any nation 
• Cannot be a double agent at any costs

All applications to the MLU will be handled by a Chief Executive (or their designee) who may accept, reject, or refer any applications. (edited)

Article I, Section II: Membership Rights
A. Member nations may govern their nations as they please; however, they must come to the aid of a fellow member nation under attack, uphold the core values of the Union, and exist on the Brown sphere. 
B. All member nations of the Union have a right to a fair trial of their peers if they commit a crime against the alliance. All trials should not push the member nations to the brink.
C. Member nations of the Union are not to be discriminated against on any basis. (This applies to: age, sex, physical or emotional disability, height, weight, sexual orientation, race or any other such aspect).
D. Member nations of the Union have the right to free and open discussion, protest, and petition as long as it conforms to discord rules and does not contain derogatory or otherwise offensive or violence-orientated material. 
E. Member nations have the right to resign after a notice of resignation is given 24 hours before actually departing from the alliance. In which case, the said nation must remove their alliance tags within 24 hours, or equivalent to a server update, to protect the alliance and its members. Failure to do so may result in military repercussions.

Article I, Section III: Expulsion 
Any member may be expelled or otherwise punished, upon trial and conviction, for reasons including, but not limited to: 
• Declarations of war on a Union member or ally 
• Unauthorized declarations of war on any nation 
• Membership in another alliance 
• Forwarding information to other alliances 
• Disobeying a lawful order of a superior 
• Desertion in war 
• Actions unbecoming of a Union member

Article II: Government 
Section I: Chief Executives (Triumvirate)
The Three Chief Executives are in charge of the running of the Union. They are to ensure the smooth running of the alliance and generally decide the policy that the Union follows.

The Chief Executive of Econ (CEE) shall oversee the general workings of the Economy (Trade Circles, Tech deals, and direction of aid and economic programs) and work with the Chief Executive of External Affairs in matters of Economy outside the AA.

The Chief Executive of Defense (CED) shall oversee the overall Defense of the Alliance and its Internal Affairs. In times of peace, approving targets of raiding and working with CEE on matters of war chests. During times of war, choosing targets for members and general strategies for membership and with allies.

The Chief Executive of External Affairs (CEEA) shall oversee the External Affairs of the Alliance and serve as head.   The CEEA has the ability (With the approval of at least one other chief) to declare war and propose and accept treaties with other alliances.  The CEEA shall post relevant Treaties and subjects to the Cyber Nations Forums. The CEEA also must represent the alliance in the utmost professional way at all times. 

Article II, Section I, Subsection B.  Limits
The Chief Executives shall have a term limit of 2 years; after such time, a 4-month break must be taken before they can serve as an Executive again unless no other candidates are available or chosen.

Additional Information:
• The Chief Executives are elected by general membership, majority vote. 
• Elections shall be staggered to once a year. 
• Decision to declare war/surrender/peace, Approve treaties, and to solve disputes if called by another Executive; these votes shall be made Public, and votes must be 2/3s majority. 

Article II, Section II: Vote of No Confidence 
A vote of No Confidence is the process by which a member of the government is removed from their position by a Chief Executive vote or by General Membership vote.

A motion for a Vote of No Confidence must be submitted with the names of at least three supporters and the reason for the vote or by 2 of the 3 Chief Executives. 

The governmental duties, privileges, and powers of a government member subject to a Vote of No Confidence shall be suspended until the conclusion of a vote of No Confidence. 

Article III: Assistant Ministers
The Assistant Ministers are tasked by an Executive to assist in the running of their department. These ministers have limited power gifted to them by their superiors.  These Assistants are limited to 2 per department.  The Ministers are appointed by a Chief and can be removed without warning or cause. A reason may be given by a chief at their discretion. 
Article IV: Military and War 
Article IV, Section I: General Military Code 
A. No member of the Union shall engage in any aggressive attacks or spy missions that are not explicitly authorized by the Chief Executive of Defense. 
B. Members are obligated to follow military orders issued by the Chief Executive of Defense or military staff. 
C. During times of war, leaving the Union, surrendering, or keeping one nation in peace mode by individual members without authorization shall be considered desertion and will be punished as such.
D. Tech Raiding is allowed but only if targets are approved by the CED.
E. Any aid to foreign nations at war must be approved by the Chief Executive of Econ.
F. Nuclear weapons shall not be used unless authorized by the Chief Executive of Defense or the Chief Executive of External Affairs, unless a nation has been attacked first by nuclear weapons.

Article IV, Section II: Alliance Warfare 
A. The Union will not commit unprovoked acts of aggression and shall only commit to war in response to acts of aggression, real or threatened, against the Union.
B. In the event of such acts of violence, the Chief Executive of External Affairs, or in his absence, the Chief Executive of Defense, shall move for a declaration of war by presenting all necessary reasoning and recorded events to the other Executives. Upon appropriate review, the three Chiefs will vote on the appropriate action. (edited)

Article V, Section I: Martial Law 
The Chief Executives are given unrestricted control of the alliance, with the only exception being the constitution cannot be changed or thrown out, only suspended. Martial Law can be declared in situations where the ability to maintain order and security and provide essential services is compromised. The Chief Executives may declare martial law for no more than a week.  The Chief Executives need no approval to end Martial Law. (Renewal to be addressed) (edited)

Article V, Section II: Trial and Punishment 
A. Any nation found breaking the constitution and/or engaging in inappropriate or disruptive conduct shall be tried by the Chief Executive of Defense or an approved appointed Minister. The Trial shall be presented as fairly as possible, with the accused being allowed to defend themselves. During the next 72 hours, anyone is allowed to present evidence related to the trial at hand, and discussion shall take place concerning the case. At the end of the discussion, a vote takes place for 24 hours, with a simple majority vote being required to determine whether the person on trial is guilty or not guilty, along with the punishment that is appropriate for his actions. 

B. Member nations have the right of appeal should they be tried and convicted.  In the case of appeal, the trial shall follow similar procedures as those outlined above. Member nations also have the right of appeal should new evidence come to light that can prove their innocence; evidence presented in the original trial will be reviewed in the appeal. 

Article VI: Amendments and Disbandment 

Article VI, Section I: Amendment
Any member of the Union may propose amendments to the Charter. A majority vote of the member nations is required to ratify amendments to the charter. 

Article VI, Section II: Disbandment
To disband the Union, a majority vote of the member nations is required.

Article VII, Section 1 Discord rules.
The Madlads Union maintains a discord server for its daily functions and usage therefore, the rules below apply:
• All members are required to use Discord for alliance communications. 
• All members agree that sharing of screenshots or logs with enemies or other institutions is forbidden. 
• Discord admins/members are not to give themselves additional masks or roles to access sections they are not authorized to use or utilize powers they are not authorized to have.
• Simple moderation of discord shall be done by the Chief Executives or by an appointed moderator. Crimes committed should be handled by the appropriate department and protocols.

Article VIII, Section I, Medals and Rewards (Merits) 

Medals and rewards are to be given out by the Chief Executives. Medals and rewards must be appropriate to the department and actions done.  No member can reward oneself with a self-appointed medal or reward. 
Some medals can be given out by membership for recognition.

In summary, while the individual nations might be Communist/leftist, the Alliance isn't specifically. 

Edited by AkkenNovikov
Summary

21 hours ago, AkkenNovikov said:

BO9FwPj.png

As Acting Chief Executive of the Madlads Union, I AkkenNoikov, declare the official secession of our members from the Union of Communist Republics.  The cause of this declaration has been communicated in private out of respect to our brown comrades.  

Thank you.

Good luck with your new alliance.  Hope you find what you are looking for.

21 hours ago, Master Hakai said:

master hakai
jason8
serberus
solorocket
xamuel
jsoprano

Is that supposed to be Dave Grohl?

Best of luck! I'm sure this will be a more successful iteration or your previous home, abd I know you guys are active and engaged enough to make something really cook with the group you have. I look forward to seeing your success!

On 10/20/2023 at 10:55 PM, Master Hakai said:

master hakai
jason8
serberus
solorocket
xamuel
jsoprano

Was this comment for me? haha

Al