ByePolar

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Admittedly I'm not really following it closely, anyway I have the sensation that IRON vs Rämlins would more closely (or less remotely) resemble the current situation.

(Sorry WC for not providing a less ancient example, that's all I got.)

1st or 2nd war?  I think the 2nd lasted longer iirc.  

42 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

You need one?

Government Type:    
Transitional

I've been using transitional for over a decade, some of us refuse to be commies...😝 not a peep was heard from the big sadboi since I sent him someone to fight not noobs,,,his fun is over except running his peen holster from a pile of wasted rubble...🙈:P😥

20 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Wat.

Some NPO people tried to attack me, failed then had to nuke my little nation.  He thinks that is why Ignore home now when the fact is, I cannot figure what he is saying half the time.   It is like trying to read a text from a 12-year-old.  On the plus side it does my ego wonders in this day and age that I still send people into a rage or tears with just a few words.  

Edited by TheBigBad

12 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

FAN?  Oh, you mean the Federation of Armed Nations!  The alliance that has three active wars right now and 0.76% aid slot usage.  

No.  I do not remember that.  Lander Clan did not even exist until 2008.  I had to go check the wiki.  

Next time you try and make a threat old man, remember  that the year is 2022.   A reference to something that happened 15 years ago may not have the effect now that it did in - oh, 2010.  

A threat? Old man? 😆 I'm barely in my 30s, but thanks for doing research. 

8 hours ago, jerdge said:

Admittedly I'm not really following it closely, anyway I have the sensation that IRON vs Rämlins would more closely (or less remotely) resemble the current situation.

(Sorry WC for not providing a less ancient example, that's all I got.)

That was a good war also.

12 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

You need one?

Government Type:    
Transitional

It's practically identical to Communism for a war build. Difference being if they don't have a lot of Military when bills are being paid, having the -5% Improvement/Wonder Upkeep reduction may be more cost efficient for them in the long term. During a war; military is being shredded daily and the upkeep is minimal, whereas wonders and improvements aren't getting blown up [OOC] which imo doesn't make a lot of sense. I feel like targetting wonders/improvements as part of an attack is something which could be part of the war mechanic but I digress [/OOC]

Sorry I mean; lulz communizm is bad and dat is why

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

On 10/12/2022 at 6:01 PM, The Warrior said:

UhR3Nti.png

Honoring Section 2 of Novus Ordo Seclorum, the combined forces of Oculus declare war on the New Polar Order in defense of the Dark Templar.

In the lead-up to the current global war, it was no secret that Polar's loyalties were divided. They held numerous treaties with both of the major power spheres, and they expressed conditional support for each sphere depending on the nature of the upcoming war. The member alliances of Oculus understood and respected Polar's right to hold those treaties and to pursue a unique foreign policy, and we worked before the war to understand their needs and listen to their concerns, the foremost of which was that they could not support the sphere that launched the first strike.

When FTW and NATO began the war, Polar's leadership admitted that they previously had been involved with earlier planning stages for it. However, they insisted that they had not been informed about or signed off on the war plans actually moving forward; they were furious that their friends in the enemy coalition had left them both hypocritical and out on a limb. Despite Polar's violations of Section 1 and Section 4 of our treaty, the member alliances of Oculus forgave these traitorous actions and agreed to welcome them back into the fold.

But, Polar remained a house divided. Those initial leaders were swiftly encouraged out of office, and new leaders took their place. These new leaders similarly affirmed Polar's commitment to Oculus, but they simultaneously restored their treaties with the enemy coalition and offered them peace. They took these actions without providing any warning to Oculus or other members of the coalition first. 

Despite this, the member alliances of Oculus remained steadfast in their support and understanding of Polar. We understood that the war had put them in a bad position, and we wanted to give the new leaders time to study up. As the war unfolded, we continued to take great pains to consider Polar's needs. We ignored certain entrants and countered others in selective ways to allow as much of Polar's sphere of influence to remain as intact as possible. 

Yet, the betrayals continued. A coup led to Polar's third government in less than a month, once again with no communication to their blocmates. And, once again, the member alliances of Oculus attempted to be kind, to understand the needs of Polar's membership and new leadership, and to move on. 

We did so even as Polar violated Section 2 of our treaty and ignored the attacks on the Viridian Entente. We did so even as Polar deliberately remained silent as the coalition planned how to counter VE's attackers and DBDC volunteered to help. We did so even as Polar declared war on DBDC in support of VE's attackers, pretending as though their hands had been forced when, in truth, they had had every opportunity to intervene proactively.

We worked hard to be good allies to Polar; Polar did not reciprocate. Ultimately, it was a relief when they dropped the mask and left.

In return for our patience, understanding, and care, Polar has stabbed us in the back yet again. As a parting gift, they have launched a seemingly unrelated and entirely baseless war of aggression against their former ally. 

Oculus has led the hegemony of this world for more than seven years because we do right by each other and our allies. It is evident that the New Polar Order has different values, and that they have mistaken our kindness for weakness. 

Polar has decided to take up residence with a den of jackals, and in time, they will all undoubtedly eat each other. In the meantime, however, we will enjoy demolishing them.

Senate and People of Oculus

Precedent: Mass betrayals are okay only so long as the time frame exists when you are willing to be a meatshield.  Also rather than pretend to have any moral high ground at all can any of you gents inform me as to where I can find the nearest New Koreaboo Order impromptu sketch comic dispensary? 

Edited by King Cyan

12 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

It's practically identical to Communism for a war build. Difference being if they don't have a lot of Military when bills are being paid, having the -5% Improvement/Wonder Upkeep reduction may be more cost efficient for them in the long term. During a war; military is being shredded daily and the upkeep is minimal, whereas wonders and improvements aren't getting blown up [OOC] which imo doesn't make a lot of sense. I feel like targetting wonders/improvements as part of an attack is something which could be part of the war mechanic but I digress [/OOC]

Sorry I mean; lulz communizm is bad and dat is why

Oh, my response was also lulzy, to be fair to them (though I don't think the odd one is trying to be funny, I think...the way they type is just them). 

Is anarchy not the goal for everyone? 

Thank you for summary, TBB!

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Oh, my response was also lulzy, to be fair to them (though I don't think the odd one is trying to be funny, I think...the way they type is just them). 

Is anarchy not the goal for everyone? 

Thank you for summary, TBB!

Agreed; Anarchy is the only acceptable form/lack of government. The great thing is even if you don't have anyone to grant you the blessing or Anarchy, you can always inflict it upon yourself like any other type government but it will cost a small fee to do so. Worth it for the secret Anarchy perks though.

The odd one has always been odd, usually not to this extent though. I guess they must be feeling overexcited- which is a welcome change of pace around here even if it is barely literate!

It's quite interesting how betrayals are being glorified here. A betrayal is a betrayal regardless of what side committed it. Flaunting your untrustworthiness like It's something to be proud of is something I've only seen Hitchcock do (until now) and even he was self aware enough to roleplay as a rat. Don't like side the war got you caught on? Pledge neutrality or at least have the decency of waiting for the war to end to drop those you promised to be loyal to.

Edited by Kapleo

14 hours ago, Kapleo said:

It's quite interesting how betrayals are being glorified here. A betrayal is a betrayal regardless of what side committed it. Flaunting your untrustworthiness like It's something to be proud of is something I've only seen Hitchcock do (until now) and even he was self aware enough to roleplay as a rat. Don't like side the war got you caught on? Pledge neutrality or at least have the decency of waiting for the war to end to drop those you promised to be loyal to.

This…Polar is like a house full of termites if one let’s go now the house will collapse and all the rats 🐀 and cockroaches 🪳 will flee RIP 🪦

On 10/18/2022 at 8:42 AM, Kapleo said:

Tell this to KoRT

On 10/17/2022 at 12:14 AM, TheBigBad said:

Some NPO people tried to attack me, failed then had to nuke my little nation.  He thinks that is why Ignore home now when the fact is, I cannot figure what he is saying half the time.   It is like trying to read a text from a 12-year-old.  On the plus side it does my ego wonders in this day and age that I still send people into a rage or tears with just a few words.  

Doood your nation is a smoking pile of !@#$ and you will soon be zeroed just cuz I said so and made it happen....you can stand on one of the pile of burning concrete and run your mouth at your leisure....🤡

2 hours ago, Kapleo said:

I would if they had betrayed someone. Maybe there's something I'm not aware of yet.

KoRT is legit and I'm proud to be allied and glad my suggestion was accepted and it happened...I look forward to further closer ties and more brothers in arms action...o/ KoRT

1 hour ago, Stonewall14 said:

KoRT is legit and I'm proud to be allied and glad my suggestion was accepted and it happened...I look forward to further closer ties and more brothers in arms action...o/ KoRT

As someone said before... NPO got the better end of that deal. Don't act like NPO hasn't had their own share of betrayals. I know it too well. Maybe it was time someone gave you all a taste of your own damn medicine. But, alas, it's all realpolitiks at this point. The enemy of my enemy is my "friend". Do NPO a favor a stop talking already.

1 hour ago, Kapleo said:

As someone said before... NPO got the better end of that deal. Don't act like NPO hasn't had their own share of betrayals. I know it too well. Maybe it was time someone gave you all a taste of your own damn medicine. But, alas, it's all realpolitiks at this point. The enemy of my enemy is my "friend". Do NPO a favor a stop talking already.

Who are you? stfu already o/

5 hours ago, Kapleo said:

Do not stop him.  Every illiterate impossible to read post, ranting like a 12-year-old only highlights how far NPO has fallen.  He embarrasses them and his allies.  Notice how none of them ever defend him.  They avoid him like the plague hoping he will just shut up.  He is the gift that keeps on giving and NPO is a rudderless ship with an easy to manipulate nitwit as its mouthpiece.  Imagine being stuck allied to that.   

19 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Sparta is their ally. Nothing more convenient than optional defense treaties lmao

Last I checked KoRT was not attacking Sparta. Also last I checked, Sparta picked a side of the conflict that is opposite to that of KoRT's. Point being quite obvious.

9 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Last I checked KoRT was not attacking Sparta. Also last I checked, Sparta picked a side of the conflict that is opposite to that of KoRT's. Point being quite obvious.

How can it be opposite to Kort when Kort was allied to Sparta first? Turtles is a very new treaty for them. 

25 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

How can it be opposite to Kort when Kort was allied to Sparta first? Turtles is a very new treaty for them. 

You're a smart one. I'm sure you're playing dumb but I'll entertain you. Sparta is allied to Non Grata and other enemies of KoRT. Sparta is also is fighting KoRT allies and friends. If anything, Sparta should be glad KoRT is not Polar. I can't dumb it down further. 

Edited by Kapleo