Project Stardust Accords

A long time ago (a little over a year) in a backroom channel far, far away, discussion began which laid the framework for the creation of the ultimate treaty in the cyberverse. The project was subject to great expenses of political capital and excuses for missed deadlines for months on end, leading some to declare it nothing but a bottomless pit of resources. Emperor Jason was adamant however: when the treaty was signed, the detractors would be of little concern, and when has become now.

Stardust_Flags.png

Project Stardust Accords

Article I: Peace and Freedom to the Signatories
Both signatories will hereafter refrain from targeted aggressive activity, internal subversion or espionage of any kind, against the other. Signatories of this pact pledge to practice only respect and good will towards each other. 

Article II: Securing the Scarif Vault
Should vital knowledge of a political or military nature come to the attention of one signatory, they are strongly encouraged to share it with the other.

Article III: Deploy the Garrison
Should the Rebel Alliance scramble fighters on the Death Star, either signatory may request support in the form of Starfleet assistance, credits, or a motion in the Imperial Senate from the other. It is strongly encouraged for the other signatory to provide what help it can, though both parties accept that this is not an obligation.

Article IV: You May Fire When Ready
Should either signatory wish to target another planet with the Death Star, the signatory may ask to use the other's targeting computer, though both parties acknowledge this is not obligated.

Article V: Target the Base at Scarif, Single Reactor Ignition
In the event that a signatory is a participant in a conflict against an ally of the other signatory, defensive retaliatory military action may be taken as deemed necessary without necessitating the activation of Article VII.

Article VI: Death Star II
Should the signatories feel the relationship between them has changed, the signatories may come together to build a newer and more powerful Death Star at any time.

Article VII: Careful Not to Choke on Your Aspirations
Should either signatory become rebel scum in the eyes of the other, this pact will be canceled after 72 hours notice is given.

Signed for New Polar Order,
Buuyo, Emperor
Emperor Jason, Regent
JayMillz, Minister of Plenty
Tharu, Minister of Peace

Signed for Argent,
Lowsten, The Great and Loveable Emperor of Argent
trimm, Regent and Curmudgeon at Large
Legatus, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Clown Appreciator
King William, Minister of War and Certified Kindergartener
iamthey, Minister At-Large, Lasagna, and Clown
IMP REBS, Minister of Internal Affairs and Humanoid Spaceship
Janax, Dragon Emperor Emeritus and Minister of Communications

23 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

Article V: Target the Base at Scarif, Single Reactor Ignition
In the event that a signatory is a participant in a conflict against an ally of the other signatory, defensive retaliatory military action may be taken as deemed necessary without necessitating the activation of Article VII.

When you have 16 treaties and 2 of them are blocs? This is the way to go. Good job guys. 

Friends,

Your prose is on point. The treaty actually disappoints me, in this age of perpetual peace the Optional sections of these treaties is just sad.

All treaties are optional. Even the super unbreakable, never turn against each other cause you're the best of buds, it could never happen,  fall by the wayside when the sides are less even. 

Enjoy your treaty. I wish you both the best,

Joseph M. Black 

Edited by Joseph Black

46 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

Friends,

Your prose is on point. The treaty actually disappoints me, in this age of perpetual peace the Optional sections of these treaties is just sad.

All treaties are optional. Even the super unbreakable, never turn against each other cause you're the best of buds, it could never happen,  fall by the wayside when the sides are less even. 

Joseph M. Black 

Joseph M. Black, bearer of often insightful comments,

I believe you have accidentally wandered into the incorrect domain for your witty reply. I believe your intended locale was actually the thread posted by the honorable Lord Smitticus of House Stark:

Tevron of Devion

22 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Joseph M. Black, bearer of often insightful comments,

I believe you have accidentally wandered into the incorrect domain for your witty reply. I believe your intended locale was actually the thread posted by the honorable Lord Smitticus of House Stark:

Tevron of Devion

Tevron,

Please believe that my position on Optional isn't limited to those outside my alliance. Just that my words are less seldom heard publicly there, as they are here. 

I will however,  correct that error of judgment and add my entertaining thoughts to that blight on statesmenship as well.

Hypocrisy is one of my many sins, but in this I stand on solid ground.

Joseph M. Black 

1 hour ago, Joseph Black said:

Tevron,

Please believe that my position on Optional isn't limited to those outside my alliance. Just that my words are less seldom heard publicly there, as they are here. 

I will however,  correct that error of judgment and add my entertaining thoughts to that blight on statesmenship as well.

Hypocrisy is one of my many sins, but in this I stand on solid ground.

Joseph M. Black 

Joseph M. Black,

Mad respect.

Tevron of Devion

6 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

Friends,

Joseph M. Black 

There's something to be said for being upfront and open about it, though, instead of letting them know with a surprise knife in the back when the moment comes.  Not to these alliances specifically, but, you know, broadly speaking.  It makes for a better treaty, not a worse one, to be upfront and honest about the realities of the Charlie Foxtrot that is the treaty web.

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

There's something to be said for being upfront and open about it, though, instead of letting them know with a surprise knife in the back when the moment comes.  Not to these alliances specifically, but, you know, broadly speaking.  It makes for a better treaty, not a worse one, to be upfront and honest about the realities of the Charlie Foxtrot that is the treaty web.

Hero,

I yield to your superior analysis and apologize for my candor. I'll save my moral outrage for the 'Mutual' treaties where it belongs.

Humbly,

Joseph M. Black 

18 minutes ago, Canik said:

Flags are aggressively not the same size.

For some godawful reason I don't actually have a 'correct' version of the flag that is larger, and I'm not sure one even exists.