LSF incoming!

16 hours ago, shwampy said:

So far my opponents have been pretty uninspiring, apart from the one dictator type who likes to nuke nations that don't have, or support, nukes, I think he's scared of a a fair fight ;)

Any dictator worthy of the name is not going to limit him or herself to moralistic concepts like fairness.  It’s not fear.  It’s about power.  

Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that, as of today, nukes have been "just another weapon" for well over a decade.

(Your and mine age and arthritis permitting, high five to those of you that, without looking it up, can recall what major alliance enacted a war time policy in subversion of the then popular anti-nukes stigma.)

On 4/30/2022 at 4:40 AM, Sarkin said:

This might be the saddest thing I've ever seen here.

Actually, no. 

I mean, yes, this whole place is sad.  And I'm no fan of the communists.

But this thing we read here is a stand up move -- and everyone worth his salt left here knows it.  Stupid as all get out, and the OP knows it.  It ain't about being smart, and therein lies the beauty.

Mazeltov.

6 hours ago, Walshington said:

Actually, no. 

I mean, yes, this whole place is sad.  And I'm no fan of the communists.

But this thing we read here is a stand up move -- and everyone worth his salt left here knows it.  Stupid as all get out, and the OP knows it.  It ain't about being smart, and therein lies the beauty.

Mazeltov.

No bud, it's stupid because no one from their aa posted it, not for entering in conjunction with their bloc.

I give em props for helping their ally, but having someone else post their DoW 3 days(According to the war screen) before they even declared a war, is pretty dumb. A lot of us thought it was a joke or an attempt to troll

Edited by Gh0s7

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 8:29 PM, White Chocolate said:

Any dictator worthy of the name is not going to limit him or herself to moralistic concepts like fairness.  It’s not fear.  It’s about power.  

Spoken like a true Powindah.

Couldn't help but notice claws is sending war aid to doomsphere.

Edited by Wobblies

4 hours ago, Wobblies said:

Gato must be suffering from a case of cognitive dissonance.

UCR's connection to GATO and CLAWS respect for them is why we're not involved beyond just giving aid.  GATO understands reality fine.  It's UCR that seems to believe (with all evidence to the contrary) that Planet Bob cares.  

6 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

UCR's connection to GATO and CLAWS respect for them is why we're not involved beyond just giving aid.  GATO understands reality fine.  It's UCR that seems to believe (with all evidence to the contrary) that Planet Bob cares.  

Levon — 05/02/2022 UCR brought it upon themselves 🤷

FL — 05/02/2022 damn, that's cold blooded.

Levon — 05/02/2022 Why reward stupidity.

I'm not sure about Planet Bob, but GATO certainly does not care about UCR. 

3 hours ago, firingline said:

Levon — 05/02/2022 UCR brought it upon themselves 🤷

FL — 05/02/2022 damn, that's cold blooded.

Levon — 05/02/2022 Why reward stupidity.

I'm not sure about Planet Bob, but GATO certainly does not care about UCR. 

Good to know that GATO talks about their treaty partners like that.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:29 AM, White Chocolate said:

Going back to this (just out of boredom) I'll point out that dictatorships can be and, quite often, are absolutely moralistic, at least in appearance.

Fairness in international warfare is irrational, not moralistic. In fact it's even quite immoral, in that a national government finding itself at war, arguably has the moral obligation to maximize the damage dealt to damage taken ratio. Anything else would be folly and a betrayal of their own people.

If instead CN was a sport then, yes, fairness in war would make sense.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, jerdge said:

Fairness in international warfare is irrational, not moralistic. In fact it's even quite immoral, in that a national government finding itself at war, arguably has the moral obligation to maximize the damage dealt to damage taken ratio. Anything else would be folly and a betrayal of their own people.

If instead CN was a sport then, yes, fairness in war would make sense.

I agree.  After all, all is fair in love and war, right?

Sometimes there is pressure to take a “sports” approach to Planet Bob.  It has not caught on at the government to government level in this realm.  Not yet.  

Internally, from my experience, governments advise their membership to be “good sports” during even the nastiest wars on a nation to nation basis.  Meanwhile they often do not follow their own advice on an alliance to alliance diplomatic level.

The unwritten rules and traditions of Planet Bob have always been interesting to me.  

(OOC also how the change elsewhere or on other planets - or not)

Edited by White Chocolate