March of the Polars

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

So am I comrade.  So far it isn't looking great for me, only 1/2 fighting back, nukes only.  How can my soldiers give their lives for the greater good if no one will kill them.

From a purely speculative point of view, one might (or should?) imagine that attacking people generally uninterested in war could (or probably, would) lead to this sad outcome.

I'd bet that you weren't really looking for that kind of enjoyment in this venture, old friend.

1 hour ago, Knights of the Grail said:

At least your men are drowning in their own blood. Your first target:

USSROK Soldiers Lost: 177,721

Santa Pecos Soldiers Lost: 52,542

Were you able to steal anything?

Whose idea was this misadventure?

I have stolen tech. But that’s irrelevant. I wish I had more casualties but your friend there is turtling and not defending himself. That’s why he has so few casualties. 

I on the other hand have moved up a spot. 

6,958,158 Attacking + 10,015,086 Defending = 16,973,244 Casualties
Casualty Rank:

Ranked #36 of 2,732 Nations (Top 1.32%)

War Declared By War Declared On
Nation Name: USSROK Santa Pecos
Ruler Name: Terminator  message_compose.png Bucky Carson  message_compose.png
Alliance: New Polar Orderalliance_statistic.gif Knights Of The Round Tablealliance_statistic.gif
Soldiers Lost: 177,721 52,542
Tanks Lost: 13,731 0
Cruise Missiles Lost: 1 0
Aircraft Lost: 267 60
Navy Lost: 32 7
Infrastructure Lost: 547.29 1,022.21
Technology Lost: 209.59 189.13
Land Lost: 606.119 1,060.433
Land/Tech/Infra: 3,599.00 Strength Lost 5,602.94 Strength Lost
Destruction Rank: This war is more destructive than 617 of 718 existing wars.

13 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

No one believes you, Term. Once again, screeching into the void.

I enjoyed beating you. It was quite entertaining. I  didn’t think it’d result in you being obsessed with me though. Either way it’s still hilarious. Maybe next time. 

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Whatever you need to believe, dear.

I was ready for a round two. You weren't. Since you run away so much, I can hardly keep up with where you're at. I haven't moved. Send it whenever you feel ready.

That’s on you. I’m content with knowing I beat you. I got bigger fish to fry 

8 hours ago, Terminator said:

War Declared By War Declared On
Nation Name: USSROK Santa Pecos
Ruler Name: Terminator  message_compose.png Bucky Carson  message_compose.png
Alliance: New Polar Orderalliance_statistic.gif Knights Of The Round Tablealliance_statistic.gif
Soldiers Lost: 177,721 52,542
Tanks Lost: 13,731 0
Cruise Missiles Lost: 1 0
Aircraft Lost: 267 60
Navy Lost: 32 7
Infrastructure Lost: 547.29 1,022.21
Technology Lost: 209.59 189.13
Land Lost: 606.119 1,060.433
Land/Tech/Infra: 3,599.00 Strength Lost 5,602.94 Strength Lost
Destruction Rank: This war is more destructive than 617 of 718 existing wars.

I see something different...I looked at the nation involved and see Bucky is outnumber and outsize with 3 attackers. All 3 attacker are stronger than he.   Bucky turtle strategy is understandable/wise in his current position what else can he do (looks like he exits his shell to bite back when he can).  This strategy use by you and your team mates along with a surprise attack needs a name I let CN call it as they see it.

BTW Did your alliance come up with a good justification for this war. What did this alliance do to you or your allies.  I think CN and KoRT would like to see a good reason. 

Edited by anobubby

8 minutes ago, anobubby said:

BTW Did your alliance come up with a good justification for this war. What did this alliance do to you or your allies.  I think CN and KoRT would like to see a good reason. 

Having a valid CB these days gets you listed as an inter-alliance rogue.

Having absolutely no CB is much much safer, so it will be the norm for a while.

2 hours ago, anobubby said:

I see something different...I looked at the nation involved and see Bucky is outnumber and outsize with 3 attackers. All 3 attacker are stronger than he.   Bucky turtle strategy is understandable/wise in his current position what else can he do (looks like he exits his shell to bite back when he can).  This strategy use by you and your team mates along with a surprise attack needs a name I let CN call it as they see it.

I mean. I figure the more casualties the better so.......  and I don’t care what y’all did or didn’t do. I was told to attack and I did. 

33 minutes ago, Terminator said:

I was told to attack and I did. 

Sorry to tell you this, however this is a bad excuse as history shows. Please see this link https://www.answers.com/Q/What_excuse_did_the_defendants_at_the_Nuremberg_trials_give_for_their_action_during_the_war

or/and https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/how-the-nazis-defense-of-just-following-orders-plays-out-in-the-mind

"and I don’t care what y’all did or didn’t do" Not a good legal defense, plus not a good message for other CN alliances to read. What will they think, what questions come to mind about loyalties. 

You may wish to edit, if so I can delete this as well.

Edited by anobubby

3 hours ago, anobubby said:

I see something different...I looked at the nation involved and see Bucky is outnumber and outsize with 3 attackers. All 3 attacker are stronger than he.   Bucky turtle strategy is understandable/wise in his current position what else can he do (looks like he exits his shell to bite back when he can). [...]

It's at least 12 or 13 years that some of the people with the most nations and NS complain on this board that their adversaries "turtle", "don't fight back", "don't defend themselves" etc. I think that the concept of (and the whining about) "turtles" surfaced here in 2007 at the latest, and that since then it never failed to show up in occasion of any war, big or small. Every. Single. War... I SMH.

My educated guess is that, if one bothered to look for old posts on the subject, it would be found that in most (but not all) cases the same individuals have been "turtling" (in the opinion of their adversaries of the moment) and they have also been complaining about "turtling", multiple times across their career, depending on the circumstances. Why does anyone still complain at all, then? I have no answer to this question, I only suggest that this boring whimpering is due more to frustration than to anything else.

The sad truth is that in CN war has basically always been one sided, which in turn always provided the underdog with multiple reasons (psychological, tactical, strategical...) to "turtle". It's not that we (as "we in CN at large") are particularly bad in general (or are we, maybe just not about this issue specifically?), it's the war mechanics that work in that way: if you're weaker, fighting back with full force very rarely makes any sense.

In short, IMO you're right but also you won't be listened to.

3 hours ago, anobubby said:

I'd rather say that CN wouldn't care even if it was still alive, and KoRT should know very well that no one among the powers that be care about justifications (good or bad).

The OP seemed to indicate that this is a tech and land raid, anyway.

28 minutes ago, anobubby said:

Sorry to tell you this, however this is a bad excuse as history shows. Please see this link https://www.answers.com/Q/What_excuse_did_the_defendants_at_the_Nuremberg_trials_give_for_their_action_during_the_war

or/and https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/how-the-nazis-defense-of-just-following-orders-plays-out-in-the-mind

"and I don’t care what y’all did or didn’t do" Not a good legal defense, plus not a good message for other CN alliances to read. What will they think, what questions come to mind about loyalties. 

You may wish to edit, if so I can delete this as well.

How stupid can you be? There is a major difference between what the nazis did vs a internet game.  If someone in Polar told me to go slaughter a bunch of people in the real world, I'd laugh my ass off and leave. There is no way in hell those two things are even close to being related.  

I keep seeing a lot of questions about the CB, and it's pretty simple. We found KoRT to be in violation of social distancing guidelines and had more than 10 people around the table. 

We've come to ensure that proper social distancing is practiced moving forward :). What better way to ensure 6 feet apart than a few nukes?

Edited by Emperor Jason
Typo fixed