March of the Polars

9 hours ago, Terminator said:

sorry for making you drop a spot in casualties 

I was wondering who passed me. No worries, I'm sure you've already set a timeline for how long you will participate and then fall way short of that date.

Edited by Thrash

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Thrash said:

I was wondering who passed me. No worries, I'm sure you've already set a timeline for how long you will participate and then fall way short of that date.

I don’t think anyone in polar is going to tell me to leave. Sooooooooo. There’s not much of a chance of that. 

On 4/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, Kongo Jack said:

Looks like fun

Not for me. I don't like war, however some really like it.  I look forward to  re-building my humble nation.  A war for no reason will not entertain me.

Edited by anobubby

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

I have chosen a path of occasional conflict, often resolved with a peace agreement of no consequence.  I build up my cash to sustain another war and a quick rebuild, fight and rebuild ready for the next one.  I have pretty much done so since 2006.  I was once one of the largest nations on Bob, but constant grinding conflict and a general boredom with tech trading has seen me capped at where I am now, which just so happens to be where I am guaranteed multiple rounds of constant warfare in any conflict.  These are my choices...

I wanted a particular match up in this war, I got it.

I don't care at this stage particularly that we win or lose these conflicts...

At least we got to the bottom of this. No doubt the good Polar nations that have been wrecked over 7 weeks understand that it was all about you.

Edited by Knights of the Grail

22 hours ago, Knights of the Grail said:

At least we got to the bottom of this. No doubt the good Polar nations that have been wrecked over 7 weeks understand that it was all about you.

You got nowhere in particular, I didn't engineer this war but I got what I wanted, the two concepts are mutually exclusive at this stage.   If it had been ''my war'' then I would have posted one of my belligerent DOWs.

Please note that Polar nations getting wrecked is all they were created for.  If you had different expectations for your nation, I am very sorry.  Given the current state of affairs there is no apparent end in sight, so expect to keep on wrecking/being wrecked to continue essentially for the foreseeable future.  I am still having fun blowing !@#$ up and will continue to have fun for as long as I have cash to spend every day.  At the current rate I can probably last for the rest of the year, how about you?

On 4/2/2020 at 4:44 PM, James Spanier said:

He exclaims from behind the castle walls, unwilling to take up arms and join his knights in the field as they are getting routed.

I'm sure Polar will realize their own actions a blunder when you and your honor guard sortie out any time now, yes?

Yes.

ZefHy80.jpg

dYaOOKa.jpg

The #1 and #2 Polar nations are now #6 and #9.

Congratulations, it only took an entire month for you to leave your shell. Were you just on the edge of your seat that entire time waiting to properly respond to my post while your own membership was justifying your gallant siege of the banquet table behind your walls?

Genuinely shocked however that you did in fact do something useful, I had written you off as simply a coward but at least now it comes off as strategically acceptable, if an unnecessary tactical delay. So really, congrats, that loses you a -10 opinion modifier with me!

7 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

You got nowhere in particular, I didn't engineer this war but I got what I wanted, the two concepts are mutually exclusive at this stage.   If it had been ''my war'' then I would have posted one of my belligerent DOWs.

Please note that Polar nations getting wrecked is all they were created for.  If you had different expectations for your nation, I am very sorry.  Given the current state of affairs there is no apparent end in sight, so expect to keep on wrecking/being wrecked to continue essentially for the foreseeable future.  I am still having fun blowing !@#$ up and will continue to have fun for as long as I have cash to spend every day.  At the current rate I can probably last for the rest of the year, how about you?

Oh Grub, you're starting to lose the plot. It's not your war? You sure had a lot of fun keeping your reasons for why you started this war secret early on. We got nowhere? I would say that a couple of dead alliances on the corners of the web going toe to toe with the big, bad Polaris is certainly something. What did you get? A chance whack a couple of Christians around, and a few extra spots in the casualties rankings? I personally count it as a win that we've reduced Grub to doing no better than a few moral victories in a war that so many touted as easily winnable for you.

Also, you're going to burn through your cash a lot quicker than in one year if you keep buying a bil in infra every two weeks.

13 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I am still having fun blowing !@#$ up and will continue to have fun for as long as I have cash to spend every day.  At the current rate I can probably last for the rest of the year, how about you?

Yes, Grub, we know about your money reserve of $4,803,648,075. It is down considerably from $7,315,540,206 on 4/8. You spent nearly $1 billion on 4/26 for infrastructure to strike a Christian woman, and another $1 billion on 5/8 to rebuild that.

At this rate, it will take a Christmas Miracle for you to "last for the rest of the year." By then, we will have rescued Saint Nicholas from his Ice Prison anyway, and returned him to his birthplace in the Holy Lands.

HySaFFQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Knights of the Grail said:

Yes, Grub, we know about your money reserve of $4,803,648,075. It is down considerably from $7,315,540,206 on 4/8. You spent nearly $1 billion on 4/26 for infrastructure to strike a Christian woman, and another $1 billion on 5/8 to rebuild that.

Holy crap, 2.5 billion blown in a month?? In this past war, I only spent 4 billion over 8 months.

Edited by Thrash

46 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

Apparently pixels matter to some people. How quaint. 

This might come as a surprise, but casualties don't win wars. Heck, they don't even win individual battles; god knows my 19k infra and I learned that the hard way lol. I'm not trying to knock Grub though, I mean it's impressive to rack up almost 30 million graves in a country the size of Delaware. 

31 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Would you prefer that I let my nation fall to your lowest ranges?  I am here for the fun not to save my cash, this could be my last ride, might as well blow it all.

A lower tier terror. Driving out all the newbs. Crippling the seller economy. The war strategy utilized by only the greatest, maddest warrior minds!