The Start of Something New

merge.jpg

Today, on January 1st of this New Year, the North Atlantic Defense Coalition officially merges into the Alliance of the Templar Knights. I know that many of you rejoice with the crumble of a dead alliance, but in her time here on Bob, NADC did a great many things, even if some of them were just getting rolled. NADC was my home for over 5 years, the only alliance I’ve ever had the pleasure of joining. When I first took a leadership position at NADC, I had envisioned things of grandeur, a rebirth of the alliance I called home. Reality had a different plan and over the past 2-ish years, I had to slowly, stubbornly, face that reality.

That brings us to today. This event is something that has been in the works for quite some time now, and I am relieved to finally see it done. Any members of NADC who remain in the alliance are protected by TTK and the rest are joining TTK. Those who remain in NADC not only are protected by TTK, but are considered members of TTK. This could not have been accomplished without the help and guidance of a great number of people, not the least of which is Mandystalin of TTK, who worked tireless with me to help ensure this transition was a smooth one. Fen of SUN and Lowsten of Argent also had their roles to play, offering advice and encouragement along the road, and to them I am grateful. 

I still have a role to play in my new home here at TTK, who have graciously offered me the FA position here. Whether or not that is a curse I’ve yet to discover. Whatever it is, I look forward to embarking on this new journey here on Bob. We at TTK wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

—The AmericanRepublic, Marshal of Foreign Affairs

07 NADC

07 TTK

1 hour ago, The AmericanRepublic said:

Fen of SUN and Lowsten of Argent also had their roles to play, offering advice and encouragement along the road, and to them I am grateful. 

I still have a role to play in my new home here at TTK, who have graciously offered me the FA position here. Whether or not that is a curse I’ve yet to discover.

This is like three CBs in one. :war:

NADC was always a respectable alliance, as is TTK. As long as y'all don't cancel each other out good things should come from this. Congrats on the merger!

NADC has since Doom War been a near constant source of incoming developments, good and bad, which is more than most of our allies can say (for better or worse). Those times will be missed.

Argent's hats are off to you NADC, may your continued journey within TTK suit you well.

NADC o/  TAR o/

Also, a little blast from the past:

MZn269r.png

(Argent entering the Doom War circa November 2014)

Long live the legacy of Otter!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations NADC.  You were truly one of the worst alliances and your only real skill until now had been not disbanding.  And now you have.  Well done.   You should be thankful that GATO existed before you and still continues.  You couldn't even be #1 at that despite a significant and sustained effort.

I will always remember the good times we shared together.  I note that the term ''shared'' is probably in the eye of the beholder but without me rolling you every now and then, you would have no actual reason to have existed at all.

TTK, I wish you good luck in your absorption of the sub-mediocre.  I note that it will not lower your average levels of success by much.

16 hours ago, CodFCS said:

You're getting slow, old man!

It is true, the Trollmaster 2000 takes a lot of energy to get fired up though.  The honest truth is I didn't read this rubbish until yesterday because there hasn't been anything worth reading for such a long time. 

in 2006 I was in my 30s, In 2020 I in my 50s.  Shortly I will qualify for my Senior Insurance discount.  I am still a complete !@#$%^& though, somethings will never change.

See you on the battlefield TTK.

26 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

It's almost like you are trying to provoke us. I wonder why...

It is almost like we could not care less about you, but I understand how you would over rate yourself in this regard.  If you feel provoked, wake up your treaty partners and have a shot at the title.  I am sure the NADC members will be able to guide you to war far more competently that your previous efforts.