Sanctions!

Mogar

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logic that if you are on a side you will view that side's actions through a certain lens.  Most of us have chosen a side willingly so we are willing to defend our beliefs, our views, and our actions, and those of our side.  You have chosen anti dbdc, and are an active participant here, same with others that I mentioned, so it makes sense that in the first page you will have someone complain about DBDC, just as there will be someone defending them on the first page, because they are a popular target with many supporters of both views.

I understand, but don't agree with, where you are coming from.

The fundamental difference between you and I is you believe that once you are allied to someone/on their side you toe the party line. I don't. Similarly I believe you can disagree with someone on some points but support them on others.

Mogars tech deal with soldiers was clear provocation. Cubas response was over the top and unneeded. The fact that DBDC agreed to hold the NAP is not a testiment to their benevolence, but rather a credence to their rash and often unpredictable nature.

Just because one was wrong doesn't make the other right. And just because I disagree with you on point A doesn't make me your enemy for point B. Edited by Unknown Smurf

The fundamental difference between you and I is you believe that once you are allied to someone/on their side you toe the party line. I don't. Similarly I believe you can disagree with someone on some points but support them on others.

Mogars tech deal with soldiers was clear provocation. Cubas response was over the top and unneeded. The fact that DBDC agreed to hold the NAP is not a testiment to their benevolence, but rather a credence to their rash and often unpredictable nature.

Just because one was wrong doesn't make the other right. And just because I disagree with you on point A doesn't make me your enemy for point B.

The response wasn't really over-the-top. Symbolic, maybe. Pink is pretty much DBDC's domain at this point, and I doubt Mogar would do much of anything with anyone on that team. A maroon sanction would hurt worse, but I haven't heard any discussion about that. That probably won't happen without discussion with RIA thanks to the Big Happy Family Accords.

Really it's just trolling by both sides. DBDC could have just let things slide with a talk to Ogaden, but decided to tweak Mogar a bit. Just because they're bigger, doesn't mean they have any obligation to ignore provocation. Mogar's just upset that it is alone on this one.

RIA totally chose to get attacked by DBDC in the first place, excellent logic Caliph.

There is an NAP in place that your actions put in danger.  You should get on your knees and thank Ogaden for cleaning up your mess next time you see him.

Just because one was wrong doesn't make the other right. And just because I disagree with you on point A doesn't make me your enemy for point B.

I don't tow a party line, I simply state my agreements on various things that are in alignment with other peoples views. 

Mogar started this, Cuba put him in check, Mogar whined and tried to claim he unjustly suffered agression from Cuba and tried to play a wordgame to paint DBDC as hypocrits, but that failed and I think most people can see through those attempts.

Mogar started this, Cuba put him in check, Mogar whined and tried to claim he unjustly suffered agression from Cuba and tried to play a wordgame to paint DBDC as hypocrits, but that failed and I think most people can see through those attempts.

Depends on if you play this game IC, or OOC.

IC he was well within his rights to protect his money he was sending as an investment to another nation, and an NAP should not be considered violated.

OCC, of course this looks like he tried to intentionally mess with DBDC, and try to use the sanctions to his advantage; the NAP can be considered violated.

So Mogar's actions are "totally provocative" and yet when DBDC does the same. Exact. Thing.  It's totally cool and how dare we attack innocent tech sellers?

I especially liked the people from DBDC telling Mogar that he should be quiet until he speaks to gov.

So Mogar's actions are "totally provocative" and yet when DBDC does the same. Exact. Thing.  It's totally cool and how dare we attack innocent tech sellers?

I especially liked the people from DBDC telling Mogar that he should be quiet until he speaks to gov.

Last time he skipped that, Ogaden ended up having to pay reps for his probing. 

Edited by Gh0s7

So you admit to committing an act of war on RIA.  Is that correct?

Your member is a ignominious ignoramus who presents manufactured drama as high politics. Your defense of him, tepid as it is, is an act of war on common sense and political discourse. That either of you receive the attention of the chattering classes at all speaks more to the low state of rhetoric in our fallen world than to any merit inherent in your argument.

Are you choosing to treat a powerless sanction (indeed, two powerless sanctions) as acts of war? Have we, like Mogar, provided material aid or comfort to your enemies? Have we attacked with soldiers and cruise missiles, spies and nukes?

We both already know the answer to that question. It is also common sense that the rule you keep banging on about is in regards to sanctions that actually affect the nation in question; Kashmir merely formally gave notice of its annoyance.

But further dialogue is pointless, you'll continue to blather the party line out of a sense of misguided loyalties. Do continue to prevaricate for the entertainment of the masses though, HOT, perhaps you can give in entertainment value what you so obviously lack in political discourse.

You know where to find me Margrave, and we both know your dislike of me has nothing to do with this world. Sanctions have been considered an act of war, and since it was already solved with DBDC, your action would be treated separately.

One would wonder what you were blathering about, but I don't have the time or inclination. You've proved quite annoying in your own right, here and now; I have zero need of another reason save what you so richly provided by practicing your low form of agitprop for the gullible and the party fanatics.

Your member is a ignominious ignoramus who presents manufactured drama as high politics. 

Surely you mean "an ignominious ignoramus". To think that you did not like the non-capitalization of my name ... can you see the irony? O said i-r-o-n-y, oh look it up will you; and remember that looking up words is not enough, you need grammar as well.

Any more cut and paste from the bard to make you look knowledgeable?

Edited by thespindoctor

Such Eloquence, how long did you spend on Thesaurus.com? If I were truly irrelevant I wouldn't be hit with sanctions, your own actions provide my relevancy, sort of ironic.

Some of us are possessed with an ability for rhetoric; I find as a nation ruler and an alliance government minister (Of Foreign Affairs no less!) that the use of the proper words are vital to the international dialogue.

Your sanction is an expression of annoyance at your base and ignoble machinations to provoke a suicidal conflict between your alliance and the Doomsphere. Failing that, you wanted to tweak DBDC's nose because you thought it cute. 

That's immature, but sadly run of the mill for you. We, however, were not amused by your playing the victim and attempts to be clever, and so your sanction was arranged as a formal expression of our displeasure with your childish antics, the whining, wheedling tone of your posts, and and your pretense of a moral high ground where non such exists.

Edited by Margrave

Surely you mean "an ignominious ignoramus". To think that you did not like the non-capitalization of my name ... can you see the irony? O said i-r-o-n-y, oh look it up will you; and remember that looking up words is not enough, you need grammar as well.

Any more cut and paste from the bard to make you look knowledgeable?

That's Mr. Vaseline to you, you quack.

Margrave only posts because nobody enjoys reading them more than himself. That he puts as much effort into cramming as many words with multiple syllables in his posts as he can as opposed to their content is a good indicator that you're wasting your time when you engage him in conversation. Only Grub and Vladimir have him beat at saying nothing meaningful at all while using an exorbitant number of words to do so. Though at least when they're condescending to others, it doesn't appear that they are compensating for a lack of power or influence through sheer viciousness.

Margrave only posts because nobody enjoys reading them more than himself. That he puts as much effort into cramming as many words with multiple syllables in his posts as he can as opposed to their content is a good indicator that you're wasting your time when you engage him in conversation. Only Grub and Vladimir have him beat at saying nothing meaningful at all while using an exorbitant number of words to do so. Though at least when they're condescending to others, it doesn't appear that they are compensating for a lack of power or influence through sheer viciousness.

You'll say anything in the world to avoid explaining your cowardice in battle,  won't you Marx?

How deep did you bury your honor the day you betrayed us all?

Edited by Margrave

Considering that Ogaden had supposedly solved this already, I can take Kashmir's sanction of myself on yellow as a declaration of war upon all of RIA, yes?

No, and whatever resolution you reference doesn't change that. Other than your pride our sanction inflicted zero damage to you or to your alliance. RIA's security was at no point compromised and your nation had nothing quantifiable in the way of damages inflicted upon it (no loss of trades, resources, or money). Or were you intending on moving to yellow soon?

We're just having some fun, Mogar. At your expense regrettably but that comes with the territory. Perhaps, if you or yours ask nicely, we'll remove the sanction once this has run its course. Or we can all waste our time and energy here. Meh!