4000 Nukes

Dajobo

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say completely irrelevant. After the war you will rebuild, and for those high tech/big warchest nations it won't take terribly long. Then you will start actively feeling their relevancy again.

I wouldn't count on that.

Edited by Gibsonator21

I wouldn't count on that.

If what you mean is that they will stay at mid/low tiers, good luck with that. Those big nations like to build, that's how they got their. It's not like we're talking about DS or Kaskus who love war, raiding, and don't care if they stay small.

Though, assuming you get a vast majority not to rebuild.. you still feel the relevancy by having a cap on your NS. How relevant that relevancy is could be debatable, but you get the point. :)

So much angry trash talk but also some really good honest statements from some people on both sides.

I'll just make the following comment to the people who have been upfront about it not just being about Polar. This is true, just as it wasn't about SNX when that started. Here's where you have a problem though. Your strategy was flawed in sending so much NS at us the calling allies wouldn't change it. You removed my reason to call them!

I'll not be so silly as to state we won't ever expand the war, but if we do it will be when we see it helping our side. You may need a lot of patience given how I feel just now and on how much our members are enjoying this war.

On the matter of people saying who is performing well, who isn't blah blah...
Give it time. Some people will always do well in war, others not, they may have strengths in other aspects of CN. Some alliances strategies will be about going in hard to win it fast, others will be about taking their time to savour the meal.

Let's all enjoy it for what it is and analyze who is doing well and who isn't in a few months time.

Edited by Dajobo

Your strategy was flawed in sending so much NS at us the calling allies wouldn't change it. You removed my reason to call them!

I'll not be so silly as to state we won't ever expand the war, but if we do it will be when we see it helping our side. You may need a lot of patience given how I feel just now and on how much our members are enjoying this war.

You say this, but we've all been on the losing side of wars before, and we've all faced such a potential decision. And ultimately, we've all figured out that holding out on key people in the coalition is a strategy that merely enables the other side to deploy more NS and take out your grouping piecemeal. 

If you *do* expand the war late, it means that the bigger side has the convenience to knock down troublesome spots with numerical superiority bit by bit (with particular relevance here, given that the mid-tier range is fairly tight). If you don't expand it at all, then you have the fairly significant risk that there's just going to be another war down the line to fight the "other half". Given that certain alliances allied/affiliated with you are (from what I've seen) probably quite a bit more disliked than Polar is, any gamble that the political situation could shift before a second war is unlikely to pay off.

Then again, if you value having fun more than sheer efficiency, by no means let me be a party pooper.

You say this, but we've all been on the losing side of wars before, and we've all faced such a potential decision. And ultimately, we've all figured out that holding out on key people in the coalition is a strategy that merely enables the other side to deploy more NS and take out your grouping piecemeal. 

If you *do* expand the war late, it means that the bigger side has the convenience to knock down troublesome spots with numerical superiority bit by bit (with particular relevance here, given that the mid-tier range is fairly tight). If you don't expand it at all, then you have the fairly significant risk that there's just going to be another war down the line to fight the "other half". Given that certain alliances allied/affiliated with you are (from what I've seen) probably quite a bit more disliked than Polar is, any gamble that the political situation could shift before a second war is unlikely to pay off.

Then again, if you value having fun more than sheer efficiency, by no means let me be a party pooper.

I can see several flaws with this analysis.

First, most of the hordes thrown at Polar and Aftermath will not be building their warchests and tech base, while allied reserves do grow. Essentially our end of the treaty web is tying up an even larger chunk of the treaty web with comparable results for both sides. Even if our allies are smaller in number they are still growing at a normal pace. This was the flaw Dajobo was revealing in sending so many alliances in too early, which is not surprising from a military operation planned by amateurs. This is what Sun Tzu calls the Law of The Commander.

Second, both sides are fighting with different motives in mind. Those on the Polar side are fighting for survival and aside from a few weaklings this alone compels the rest to fight. Time is on the defenders side as the will of the more peripheral aggressors to fight, who have no vested interest in this war aside from political compliance, will wane over the next few months. This is called the Law of Heaven.

Third, our side is angry after having been harassed for months by DBDC and other aggressor alliances. This anger is a powerful source of motivation to fight a long war. It is anger borne from the realization that this conflict will never end even if peace is achieved. On the other side, you have an assortment of bandwaggoners, ignorant peripherals, and a top tier seeking to remain in the favor of DBDC and CubaQuerida. This is represented by Sun Tzu's Moral Law; "The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger."

Fourth, allied elements are well aware that their downfall is being plotted and naturally plan accordingly. With the greater portion of lulzist forces engaged against NpO and AFM this will give them room to maneuver. This is the law of Earth, of chance and maneuver.

Fifth, On the other side only Pacifica can match Polaris in discipline and order. However, because of the 20+ alliances engaged offensively, offensive coalition discipline will be poor, communication will continually fail and staggers will be repeatedly blown. This is the Law of Method and Disipline.

This war will go exactly to the Emperor's plan. Emperor Dajobo's plan that is.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

First, most of the hordes thrown at Polar and Aftermath will not be building their warchests and tech base, while allied reserves do grow. Essentially our end of the treaty web is tying up an even larger chunk of the treaty web with comparable results for both sides. Even if our allies are smaller in number they are still growing at a normal pace. This was the flaw Dajobo was revealing in sending so many alliances in too early, which is not surprising from a military operation planned by amateurs. This is what Sun Tzu calls the Law of The Commander.

Second, both sides are fighting with different motives in mind. Those on the Polar side are fighting for survival and aside from a few weaklings this alone compels the rest to fight. Time is on the defenders side as the will of the more peripheral aggressors to fight, who have no vested interest in this war aside from political compliance, will wane over the next few months. This is called the Law of Heaven.

Third, our side is angry after having been harassed for months by DBDC and other aggressor alliances. This anger is a powerful source of motivation to fight a long war. It is anger borne from the realization that this conflict will never end even if peace is achieved. On the other side, you have an assortment of bandwaggoners, ignorant peripherals, and a top tier seeking to remain in the favor of DBDC and CubaQuerida. This is represented by Sun Tzu's Moral Law; "The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger."

Fourth, allied elements are well aware that their downfall is being plotted and naturally plan accordingly. With the greater portion of lulzist forces engaged against NpO and AFM this will give them room to maneuver. This is the law of Earth, of chance and maneuver.

Fifth, On the other side only Pacifica can match Polaris in discipline and order. However, because of the 20+ alliances engaged offensively, offensive coalition discipline will be poor, communication will continually fail and staggers will be repeatedly blown. This is the Law of Method and Disipline.

You must understand that the sneer numbers of our side will dictate that we can cycle in and out as much as we please. Polaris will lose allies as they surrender, then that would free up more nations who will be fighting for targets already.

I really like Polaris so please do us all a favor and stop trying to smarter than everyone else or act so important. All you are doing is giving Polaris a bad name with your ramblings. 

You must understand that the sneer numbers of our side will dictate that we can cycle in and out as much as we please. Polaris will lose allies as they surrender, then that would free up more nations who will be fighting for targets already.

I really like Polaris so please do us all a favor and stop trying to smarter than everyone else or act so important. All you are doing is giving Polaris a bad name with your ramblings. 

When I was in senior command in HB last war we had enough issues with people cycling out to stay out, it will be interesting to watch how much of the burden falls where as this war continues. ;)

First, most of the hordes thrown at Polar and Aftermath will not be building their warchests and tech base, while allied reserves do grow.

Sweet, more upper tier targets! Sadly, I don't think they'll grow much as many of them are either in peace mode or bunkered out.

This was the flaw Dajobo was revealing in sending so many alliances in too early, which is not surprising from a military operation planned by amateurs.

/me dies laughing

Those on the Polar side are fighting for survival

We're not trying to kill you, just beat you up, break your legs maybe. You want to make it about your survival so you can't lose. This way, as long as you survive you win in your mind.

When I was in senior command in HB last war we had enough issues with people cycling out to stay out, it will be interesting to watch how much of the burden falls where as this war continues. ;)

Why do you always throw out the "I was important once" line? We get it and don't care. 

The problem you had was that people didn't respect the orders given. That means your own alliance or leadership didn't have the discipline to do what was need to be done. I'd be shocked to see Pacifica, Sengoku, Gre, NG, NSO and many others fall apart in the same way. Sure some will fall off but many others will be there. Waiting for the chance. 

Why do you always throw out the "I was important once" line? We get it and don't care. 

The problem you had was that people didn't respect the orders given. That means your own alliance or leadership didn't have the discipline to do what was need to be done. I'd be shocked to see Pacifica, Sengoku, Gre, NG, NSO and many others fall apart in the same way. Sure some will fall off but many others will be there. Waiting for the chance. 

You listed five alliances out of 20-something, so I guess my point was missed.

You listed five alliances out of 20-something, so I guess my point was missed.

I also said many more so go ahead and grasp at straws, Tywin. I was merely pointing out the flaw in comparing us to your failure as a "commander". 

First, while those pinning people down may not be building war chests at normal rates, those hiding in PM will not either.  Further it's likely that allied entities have been suggested to stay at elevated military presence reducing their own capabilities to build war chests (to an extent, obviously not nearly so compared to one at war depending on the level of readiness one chooses to abide by).

Second, survivalists have fallen to conquerors time and again.  History will repeat itself.

Third, the moral law may indeed push the people to be in line with their emperor, but that too has been shown to be strained time and again, especially in non-top tiers.  Morality only comes into play so long as one may be able to actively be involved - to be actively involved this means you're not bill locking yourself indeterminately.  Extended bill lock even wares down morality.

Fourth, room to maneuver only exists when the allied entities can be coordinated effectively, timely, and the opponent is fully allocated and cannot cover.  That is far from the case.

Fifth, coalition coordination can be extremely effective when done right.  It is simply a matter of who is control.  This is also true of single alliance coordination.

You really should stop posting.  You do nothing to help your sides cause, and Dajobo doesn't need a side kick to break down his grand scheme, though you've proven to be wonderful at kissing his ass publicly.  He doesn't need you hailing him every minute, but I imagine he doesn't mind the extra attention you give him.

Your points are as flawed as any others, so you shouldn't be throwing stones at the likes of Letum's opinion.  Sure, your response makes for a wonderful motivational, chest beating speech for your coalition, but that's about the jist of it.

And no one cares about back in the day, when you were "someone important."  You aren't anymore, and are purely now a means of comic relief for the rest of us.  You try so hard, but the more you do, the funnier it gets.  You only taint the image of Polar when you post.

Dajobo can play it out as he wants.  Though I think the whole delay only helps the enemy coalition, we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Rhizoctonia

This is Polaris your talking about, the underdog tag is nothing new nor something the folks here tend to get spooked by. Well dig in, we'll be patient and I honestly can't see Daj nor anyone else here getting heart palpitations during the middle of the night over the situation. We're ready for a long grind, at this point there's not much else you can do to us anyway, we only have 3 defensive slots each! If you can find any open fill em up, lets keep this party on the road!

If what you mean is that they will stay at mid/low tiers, good luck with that. Those big nations like to build, that's how they got their. It's not like we're talking about DS or Kaskus who love war, raiding, and don't care if they stay small.

Though, assuming you get a vast majority not to rebuild.. you still feel the relevancy by having a cap on your NS. How relevant that relevancy is could be debatable, but you get the point. :)

More preparation for that NS, and rise in tiers. In the meantime, in the top 250, top 500, whatever it will be DBDC, the neutrals, and DBDC's allies. You guys have fun. Or don't. I will.

First, most of the hordes thrown at Polar and Aftermath will not be building their warchests and tech base, while allied reserves do grow. Essentially our end of the treaty web is tying up an even larger chunk of the treaty web with comparable results for both sides. Even if our allies are smaller in number they are still growing at a normal pace. This was the flaw Dajobo was revealing in sending so many alliances in too early, which is not surprising from a military operation planned by amateurs.

There are a number of issues incorrect with this analysis.

First off: Economic Growth.

The Economic Growth of alliances at war on our side is significantly larger than alliances on yours (a gap that will only increase as the upper tiers become increasingly clear of nations outside of PM). This is because superior numbers and command of the upper tier allow alliances to resume economic operations such as tech-dealing (and warchest growth for some tiers) where their enemy cannot.

This Economic growth is also likely to be higher than your "allied element" which is currently unable to grow much at all due to large levels of it being in peace mode, and others having disrupted their economic operations. It is rather telling at, despite us having been in the centre of the heaviest fighting here for weeks, Pacifica's aid slot efficiency is double that of your uninvolved allies.

Finally, you have to remember that there are "allied elements" on this side which are unengaged - and which are larger than the people you have waiting in the wings to call on. They are able to maintain an even higher rate of growth, and leave you behind significantly.

In short, betting on the relative growth of "reserves" is a foolish maneuver.

Second: Damage.

Your side is being out-damaged by a very big margin. That means that the disparity between the respective maximum NS each side can field is only getting larger by the day.

vgzmrmo.png

As mentioned, this merely increases the fighting capacity available to this coalition in certain tiers, and permits a concentration of force later on whenever your reserve does in fact enter. A concentration of force = more damage inflicted on your side, in exchange for less on ours.

This is what Sun Tzu calls the Law of The Commander.

Your insistence on trying to claim a faux legitimacy by making some reference to the works of greater people is highly, highly insulting to their memory. You really should be ashamed of yourself, and I find this habit of yours increasingly disgusting.

The law of the commander in fact refers to the five cardinal virtues in Chinese philosophy. It has nothing to do with any strategy of "tying people down" or "grand strategy". The way you are using it here is just a glorified way of trying to say "you are dumb".

Second, both sides are fighting with different motives in mind. Those on the Polar side are fighting for survival and aside from a few weaklings this alone compels the rest to fight. Time is on the defenders side as the will of the more peripheral aggressors to fight, who have no vested interest in this war aside from political compliance, will wane over the next few months.

You are not fighting for "survival". There is nothing here that is threatening your survival, nor in fact any force capable of doing so. This coalition has not exhibited any desire to try and give you the choice of "perma-war or disband", and anyone who did want that would soon find that they lacked the ability to do as the majority of alliances in this world (including mine) just would't go along with it.

This war is no different from any other war we have seen. Someone is on a losing side, they get smacked around for a few months, and then its over. And similarly, just like in every other war, many of the people on the winning side are mostly following their allied ties, yet they will fight anyway. This political structure was perfectly sufficient to carry out all previous wars, and nothing has changed since then, so it will be perfectly sufficient to carry out this one. You are not special and you are not unique.

This is called the Law of Heaven.

The law of heaven is actually about the weather on the battlefield. Stuff like "don't send lightly clothed infantry into a freezing blizzard" or "muddy plains will slow down cavalry" or "people can't fight in the dark".

Third, our side is angry after having been harassed for months by DBDC and other aggressor alliances. This anger is a powerful source of motivation to fight a long war. It is anger borne from the realization that this conflict will never end even if peace is achieved. On the other side, you have an assortment of bandwaggoners, ignorant peripherals, and a top tier seeking to remain in the favor of DBDC and CubaQuerida.

Oh, you are angry. Because you must clearly be the first losing coalition to get angry over being in that position.

Get over yourself. The roles of winner and loser in conflicts have been the same for years. The emotions are the same, the motivation to band together has been the same, the fighting has been the same, the results are the same, all that changes are the players switching around. You are not the first alliance to have the "motivation" to fight a long war, but that isn't going to achieve very much apart from ensuring that you *do* fight a long (and destructive) war. Which is what the entire point of this war is.

Also, please drop this "permawar" mentality of the conflict never ending. You have no idea how damaging that kind of talk is to your image. It is ridiculous.

Fourth, allied elements are well aware that their downfall is being plotted and naturally plan accordingly. With the greater portion of lulzist forces engaged against NpO and AFM this will give them room to maneuver.

The only maneuvering your allies are doing at the moment is hiding their entire upper tier in peacemode.

And while I suppose the more competent minds can sit and try to figure out the most awkward treaty chains, you have to keep in mind that there's a proportionately larger reserve component on this side who are generally quite willing to use the same oA chains which you spent so much time praising in the last war.

This is the law of Earth, of chance and maneuver.

The law of the earth is about geography.

Fifth, On the other side only Pacifica can match Polaris in discipline and order. However, because of the 20+ alliances engaged offensively, offensive coalition discipline will be poor, communication will continually fail and staggers will be repeatedly blown.

While your alliance is above average, neither your economic efficiency nor your hard military ratios (wonders tech) nor your activity in prior battles come up to "stellar" levels of standing heads and shoulders above others. And there are plenty of "above average" alliances in our coalition, whereas yours has a proportionately smaller number.

No it isn't. If your alliance had a decent plan, you could have (and would have) avoided this war all together. Instead you became rather short-sighted and chose being reactionary over long-term planning. In some ways, it was the exact same reactionism that caused the previous war - where you reacted to what you saw as a threat, but didn't look very far beyond that. In that war you were lucky to be able to find the right partners at the right opportunity. However an alliance that wants to measure up to the potential that Polaris has cannot rely on luck and chasing after what they see in front of their eyes like some hunting hound. You need to gain the foresight to see beyond the "now", stop being vindictive and start to view the world not just in terms of singular "events", but as a series of events inter-playing with counter-events.

A rare appearance by Bob Janova,...now that is a face I haven't seen in a long while.

Cheers mate glad you are around.

As a note on the topic. War started and escalated thus far as it did. No doubt why Polar could feel as the focal point of this engagement. It is obvious XX is one of the focal points for some. But not the only one.

I know I am here waiting on someone else,....

Why not just go after them, then?

Just as last war, our real targets were NSO, NG, and NPO. Sometimes it was cloudy whether we admitted that or not, and that's a bit lame in my opinion. I'm an up front person though, and so are you.

I wouldn't say completely irrelevant. After the war you will rebuild, and for those high tech/big warchest nations it won't take terribly long. Then you will start actively feeling their relevancy again.

I don't know, the gaps only get bigger these days and our nations up top are being hammered. We have an excellent tech seller program in Icecap, but I don't see many willfully jumping back into the top 250, and even then, it will take a while.

We've always been a mid-tier alliance, so ultra tier nations being a problem for us was pretty strange. The ship has been righted, though.

Who is more disliked than Polar? Must be Avalanche. :ph34r:

How long do you envision Polar staying in this?

By no means are we preparing for eternal war. That's just fluff.

So basically Polar wants to put itself on a cross so their allies can be saved. How noble.

I wouldn't say that at all. I'd say it's more denying you a chance at rolling them on your terms.

I'm not in charge by any means - but I wouldn't call anyone in either. For different reasons, though. Better to have fresh allies for the next war, and perhaps we can do better in the build up to that one than we did this time. Just my two cents, though!

Edited by Starfox101

So basically Polar wants to put itself on a cross so their allies can be saved. How noble.

We are noble... and also good looking.

And we are the kind of people who realize that having well positioned allies is a great idea... we are clever!

Oh, you are angry. Because you must clearly be the first losing coalition to get angry over being in that position.

Get over yourself. The roles of winner and loser in conflicts have been the same for years. The emotions are the same, the motivation to band together has been the same, the fighting has been the same, the results are the same, all that changes are the players switching around. You are not the first alliance to have the "motivation" to fight a long war, but that isn't going to achieve very much apart from ensuring that you *do* fight a long (and destructive) war. Which is what the entire point of this war is.

Also, please drop this "permawar" mentality of the conflict never ending. You have no idea how damaging that kind of talk is to your image. It is ridiculous.

I'll ignore the wall of text to reply to this point in particular, RIA has been at war with DBDC for several months now, due to their inability to leave our upper tier nations alone, as have all of the Polar side of this war's upper tier been attacked, over and over and over again, to simply pretend these are tech raids and not an organized campaign is foolish, to say the very least, and you as a Pacifican Emperor would do well to at least be able to acknowledge such a reality, far better men than yourself have held that title, and most of them were able to be honest with the realities of our world.

Who said being ZI'd by three nukers was so bad?

To: Tywin Lannister    From: Tidy Bowl Man    Date: 11/30/2014 12:08:07 AM

Subject: Nuclear Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by Tidy Bowl Man. You lost 0 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 42.261 miles of land, 4.607 technology, 4.244 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

^^ lol

Glorious Martyrdom by Hawaiian Ultramarines leading a dramatic wave of shock troops against horrified Cowards of Chaos!!

%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0

To: Arch3004    From: Tywin Lannister    Date: 11/30/2014 12:40:36 AM

Subject: Defeat Alert

Message: Your nation has been defeated in battle. You do not have enough troops to defend your nation and your government has been thrown into Anarchy. You have lost all of your tanks, 5 spies, 40.04 infrastructure has been destroyed, 3.60 technology was lost and $241,775.95 of your money reserves was destroyed due to the invasion and resulting riots. What troops you did have deployed have also been returned home.

To: Tidy Bowl Man    From: Tywin Lannister    Date: 11/30/2014 12:40:12 AM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 704 soldiers and 8 tanks. You killed 201 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 3.152 miles of your land, stole 2.502 technology, and destroyed 10.007 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained -- in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Tidy Bowl Man    From: Tywin Lannister    Date: 11/30/2014 12:39:56 AM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 1,276 soldiers and 2 tanks. You killed 365 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 3.216 miles of your land, stole 2.501 technology, and destroyed 10.004 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained -- in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.