European War OOC Thread

Californian

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, it would be against rules to execute somebody's leader.  That would be crossing into playing somebody else's character. :P

You aren't playing the character when you kill them. You're using your character to try to kill another.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Just for the record, it would be against rules to execute somebody's leader.  That would be crossing into playing somebody else's character. :P

Agreed. I personally believe that I alone have the right to create and dispose of my characters in any way I see fit. Even if Zoot does execute Rudolph's leader, I believe Rudolph has the right to continue to rp his leader as if nothing happened.

There has been a rule in CNRP, which, given no new ruling has been made, carries over, which is, if you put characters at risk and into harms way, they can die. Random character assassinations should not happen, but you cannot just avoid trouble if you maneuvered yourself right into it.

Supposing a player got his/her character in a situation where the character was supposedly killed, what's to prevent him/her from 'resurrecting' that character at some point in the near-future, as if nothing happened? I don't see anything in the rules that explicitly prevents me from doing so, and I believe you can't prevent a player from continuing to rp their character if they want to continue to do so.

Supposing a player got his/her character in a situation where the character was supposedly killed, what's to prevent him/her from 'resurrecting' that character at some point in the near-future, as if nothing happened? I don't see anything in the rules that explicitly prevents me from doing so, and I believe you can't prevent a player from continuing to rp their character if they want to continue to do so.

They wouldn't even let me bring characters from my own previous nations back who hadn't been killed, captured, or injured in any way. It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, but then again, I agree that if a character dies they ought to be dead.

Using my specific case as an example. The GM's did decree you cannot kill anothers character, so you are wrong Eva on that point, though I do fail to see why that has not been made public yet.

Secondly, if I 'kill' Rudys King, I am killing a fake, provided for by Sparta done up to seem like the 100% Yugoslav King down to the face through operations, makeup etc etc.

The simple fact is because the king is locked up in a Spartan military prison cell/gaschamber under a mountain... nobody is going to believe that its NOT him, and there wont be a body to prove it as due to cleanliness, it would be cremated.

I HAVE IT ALL PLANNED OUT GUYS.

Unless ofc, Rudy lets me kill his King and then we dont need to worry.

If someone's character got captured then that character is perfectly capable of being killed. People need to accept that character can die, just as nations can. Not everyone places such love with their characters. Some people rather prefer their nation over characters and if we are going to start saying no you can't kill characters without RPers permission then we better start saying you can't declare wars on people's nations as well to be fair to those that prefer their nations over their characters.  

Using my specific case as an example. The GM's did decree you cannot kill anothers character, so you are wrong Eva on that point, though I do fail to see why that has not been made public yet.

L

O

L

So I guess Lynneth and Markus have decided it's not worth trying to compromise with Ty. All the more reason to vote me back into office when the spots open back up.

I go further.. if you try to kill my character, he reserves the right to mock you, breaking the 4th wall as I typically do. I will turn the situation against you in dramatic fashion. Since you attempted to break a rule, I will break a few of my own in kind and rip your world to shreds around you :)

I will force the results of your attempt down your throat just as you attempted to dictate my fate. Your attempt to kill my main, would become your character's and their possessions' worst nightmare.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I go further.. if you try to kill my character, he reserves the right to mock you, breaking the 4th wall as I typically do. I will turn the situation against you in dramatic fashion. Since you attempted to break a rule, I will break a few of my own in kind and rip your world to shreds around you :)

I will force the results of your attempt down your throat just as you attempted to dictate my fate. Your attempt to kill my main, would become your character's and his possessions worst nightmare.

apparently the most rock-solid defence against this policy is to not be male

I will force the results of your attempt down your throat just as you attempted to dictate my fate. Your attempt to kill my main, would become your character's and his possessions worst nightmare.

That's cute.