European War OOC Thread

Californian

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deployment of Japanese RQ-170s from France would also set off alarm bells as they flew over the British isles to their targets (RQ-170s are land launched and shorter range, I don’t see how this is avoidable to get to the Royal Navy.  While the RQ-170 had very limited radar low obervability features, it was not by any means a stealth aircraft, F-15 Slam Eagles flew up to intercept it quite readily, leaving the follow on attacks blind.  Now was the battle in the air…

my assets are also in greenland, where I did in fact launch from, since that was far closer than France would be.

With the nation on high alert pilots were scrambling to their aircraft in the South as the first waves came in, almost as soon as they did PNT spoofing and downlink jamming systems[1] came on across the South for all but the British PNT military grade encryption signals.  The attacks included not just advanced jamming but brute force attacks upon which would in large measure neutralize the GNO3 guidance systems aboard the missile systems. 

Jamming every single signal but the ones you use would be nearly worthless, and incredibly ineffective due to the wide bands you are jamming, which would seriously negate what you're attempting to do there.

The calculated effect of this would be to have damage more wide spread but allow critical targets more breathing room from saturation attacks.  The British Combat Air patrols as well as airborne and space borne sensor assets fed into the national cruise missile defense system, which rapidly programmed which assets would still hit critical military/dual use targets and which would effect surrounding areas, further the high altitude of the sensors and high emissions of the Brahmos missiles made them more susceptible to engagement from distance. 

BrahMos is a sea skimming mssile, it would not be flying in high altitude.

Additionally, 1000 BLU-114/B LiaoShō would be targeted at power substations and electrical production facilities, targeting the southern regions of Great Britain.

you apparently ignored this entire sentence of my post, which if even 1/4th hit,(jamming of course would not really do anything to preprogrammed destinations, unless of course your power grid is somehow mobile.) would have a devastating widespread impact upon the power of half of the island due to overloading the entire electrical grid, this is of course saying nothing of FHIC's or others own attacks against your power system of course.

I also presume you're ok with us using a 99.88% ratio of naval missile defense, as that is what you are using and we're all using the same equipment. I have multiple other issues as well, of course, but I feel I should discuss each individual section to ensure clarity.

Additionally, I can't seem to find any prior RP of Centurius launching AWACS aircraft or drones anywhere near our fleet, which leads me to believe his war post contains what amounts to metagaming, in that he managed to have assets in a place he would not have, simply because it was required for the rest of his post.

Edited by Mogar

Nobody has to claim every single thing they have because the fact that someone is missing a small but important piece of technology that they need and that any country would have should not mean that they lose the war based on one error. And I think Lysergide knows that and just wanted to watch you all get angry about it.

Additionally, I can't seem to find any prior RP of Centurius launching AWACS aircraft or drones anywhere near our fleet, which leads me to believe his war post contains what amounts to metagaming, in that he managed to have assets in a place he would not have, simply because it was required for the rest of his post.

The CAPs aren't flying over your fleets but over mine seeing as that's what they're supposed to do.

my assets are also in greenland, where I did in fact launch from, since that was far closer than France would be.

Jamming every single signal but the ones you use would be nearly worthless, and incredibly ineffective due to the wide bands you are jamming, which would seriously negate what you're attempting to do there.

BrahMos is a sea skimming mssile, it would not be flying in high altitude.

you apparently ignored this entire sentence of my post, which if even 1/4th hit,(jamming of course would not really do anything to preprogrammed destinations, unless of course your power grid is somehow mobile.) would have a devastating widespread impact upon the power of half of the island due to overloading the entire electrical grid, this is of course saying nothing of FHIC's or others own attacks against your power system of course.

I also presume you're ok with us using a 99.88% ratio of naval missile defense, as that is what you are using and we're all using the same equipment. I have multiple other issues as well, of course, but I feel I should discuss each individual section to ensure clarity.

There are different types of jamming against different targets.  Downlink Jamming is effective against satellite guided land attack missiles, particularly ones like BrahMos, which are very high velocity in makes it much more difficult to be accurate.   Which you would know if you read that link.

The majority of the missiles that were fired that were BrahMos did reach destinations but were denied the use of PNT systems in those sectors (area wide downlink jamming is doable).  This really applies to many of your missiles.  Which means that while a lot of them hit, they didn't hit as accurately.  This means a lot more fire power is needed to take out targets.  (particularly the Brahmos which has a small explosive warhead)  Indeed the reliance on satellites has a lot to do with why many of these weapons traditionally concieved of as nuclear weapons, now have circular error probabilities that make them useful in the conventional realm.  

Sea skimming is a relative term, the missiles that fly at Mach 3 fly higher and have a much greater heat signature than their subsonic counterparts, but are still sea-skimming to an extent, however, when you're flying at Mach 3 as I assume one can imagine its a lot harder to steer than Mach .8.  Additionally the presence of airborne AESA radars largely negates advantages especially if one's only attacking with cruise missiles, hence why that is part of USAF/Navy Doctrine for dealing with LACM threats.

I'm not ignoring a lot of your damage Mogar, its just that civilian bombardment does not do a whole lot to the military forces.  They are separate like much of the world.  You did a large scale terrorist attack and yes millions of british gamers are very upset their computers don't turn on, but the MOD has the ability to fight through civilian black outs.  

As for the RQ-170, the RQ-170 has a classified range, but by all reports it is a short range drone, the distance between Greenland and he Irish/Scottish Coast is 2000 kilometers, there's not evidence the RQ-170 has that kind of capability, when its missions have been between at most Afghanistan and Western Iran.  By contrast the French coast is 850 ish.  There is however, abundant literature that the RQ-180 which is in development is seeking to correct the range problem.  (there's also not any evidence it has an AESA radar, mainly speculation)

Edited by Triyun

Probably but as the rules are this is allowed and I don't really think we've ever had it differently.

I was referring to the drones you used to target our fleet, which you did not RP previously and just so happened to have done once we attacked triyun? doesn't sound very realistic that it's only mentioned after the fact.

Nobody has to claim every single thing they have because the fact that someone is missing a small but important piece of technology that they need and that any country would have should not mean that they lose the war based on one error. And I think Lysergide knows that and just wanted to watch you all get angry about it.

Pretty much this, was worth it. Kevin is an angry kid, and easy to get going.

I was referring to the drones you used to target our fleet, which you did not RP previously and just so happened to have done once we attacked triyun? doesn't sound very realistic that it's only mentioned after the fact.

I previously rp'd satellites going over likely combat areas and once you attacked proceeded to launch drones. Your side after all set the precedent for doing surveillance and the combat in the same post. Global Hawks don't exactly take very long to get in position over the Central Atlantic when operating from Iberia.

So by Mogar's own admission the wars gone on for 30 minutes.  He's also said this:

I have limited markets for civilian electronics, perhaps if you wished to trade with me I wouldn't have had to maintain a war economy. ;)

As for drawbacks, my nation is owned by Tikal, thankfully they're more interested in space than the US/China debt relationship we've developed.

I've not used any optional canon technology in wars that I have not been given permission to use them in, otherwise there would be a few nuclear powered blimps running electronic warfare over Britain currently.

Populations tend to not rebel when there's a constant threat to your nation's survival, which thanks to Vektor I have plenty of ability to propagandize

Yet he just posted this:  http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/121723-imperium-of-japan-news-corp-ijnc/?p=3321903

Now first of all building factories to do this would take months as well as getting them operational, securing financing etc. takes months minimum.  And simply transfering plans doesn't mean you have the tools and tacit skills to build something (hence why you don't see China making very good replicas of any US or Russian stuff).  But I'd also like to question if Mogar's going to cite having spent himself into oblivion for having a much higher missile number in the first place, where he gets cash to magically create a second logistics line in Mexico.  That seems an awful like like a 'have your cake and eat it too' proposition.

I never said building factories, since I built multiple in Kevin's nation previously, i'm simply continuing the employment in those facilities, your nation made it clear based off your arrogant speech you will not simply be handing over your MoFA and agreeing to stand aside while we take care of eva, as such it makes sense I'd immediately move to improving my logistics.

Of course, you're ignoring the fact you launched a significant portion of your missile defense capabilities against our first strike, which would likely leave you unable to maintain the 99.88% ratio you maintained against said first strike, a ratio I find well beyond any realistic system, but since we're all using the same technology, I intend on using that same ratio for my defense against your attack, after all we wouldn't want anyone gaining an obvious IC advantage, right?

I never said building factories, since I built multiple in Kevin's nation previously, i'm simply continuing the employment in those facilities, your nation made it clear based off your arrogant speech you will not simply be handing over your MoFA and agreeing to stand aside while we take care of eva, as such it makes sense I'd immediately move to improving my logistics.

Of course, you're ignoring the fact you launched a significant portion of your missile defense capabilities against our first strike, which would likely leave you unable to maintain the 99.88% ratio you maintained against said first strike, a ratio I find well beyond any realistic system, but since we're all using the same technology, I intend on using that same ratio for my defense against your attack, after all we wouldn't want anyone gaining an obvious IC advantage, right?

The person trying to claim like 70k BrahMos wants to make an argument about others depleting their SAMs? Really?

Mogar, I'm starting to wonder are you even capable of applying the same rules to others as you apply to yourself, or are you really that self absorbed that you think you're the only one who has any weapons?  

You're not the God of the RP nor are you even the GM, and tell everyone whose good, whose evil, who has stuff, who does not, all based on whom you like.  

Frankly by the adjectives you use when describing IC issues OOC, you don't even seem capable of distinguishing the real world from characters in a game.  Its really sad.

Mogar, I'm starting to wonder are you even capable of applying the same rules to others as you apply to yourself, or are you really that self absorbed that you think you're the only one who has any weapons?  

You're not the God of the RP nor are you even the GM, and tell everyone whose good, whose evil, who has stuff, who does not, all based on whom you like.  

Frankly by the adjectives you use when describing IC issues OOC, you don't even seem capable of distinguishing the real world from characters in a game.  Its really sad.

I have been on a war economy and explicitly stated the mass development of every single type of weapons platform, where you have done next to no national RP due to only being concerned with cementing your diplomatic power, and apparently have no actual concern for developing a fleshed out nation. are you really so self absorbed you think any weapons system has 99.88% accuracy? You make personal attacks and yet do not address the actual grievance at hand.

The person trying to claim like 70k BrahMos wants to make an argument about others depleting their SAMs? Really?

If only IG statistics matter, then there is no purpose of actually RPing, if we are here to actually reward RPing, then yes, I get more missiles than the rest of you for actually RPing constructing them, being ICly a paranoid state and preparing for war for 20 years should provide some benefits, unless of course you are going to argue that Vektor should not gain the same benefit since he is maintaining a similar IC policy as I have.

Edited by Mogar

I have been on a war economy and explicitly stated the mass development of every single type of weapons platform, where you have done next to no national RP due to only being concerned with cementing your diplomatic power, and apparently have no actual concern for developing a fleshed out nation. are you really so self absorbed you think any weapons system has 99.88% accuracy? You make personal attacks and yet do not address the actual grievance at hand.

If only IG statistics matter, then there is no purpose of actually RPing, if we are here to actually reward RPing, then yes, I get more missiles than the rest of you for actually RPing constructing them, being ICly a paranoid state and preparing for war for 20 years should provide some benefits, unless of course you are going to argue that Vektor should not gain the same benefit since he is maintaining a similar IC policy as I have.

Triyun's ability to defend so well aren't linked to a technological advantage, they have to do with superior knowledge about the weapons he's using than you have.

Triyun's ability to defend so well aren't linked to a technological advantage, they have to do with superior knowledge about the weapons he's using than you have.

So his RL job provides him with an advantage we should all be perfectly content with and allow for him to win every single RP war? I wasn't aware we were playing "fellate triyun's ego" RP, I must have missed those rules when we went over the first edition.

Edited by Mogar

I've not seen any evidence indicating his knowledge of these systems are any better than anyone elses.. or that his story about working in such a role in rl is anything more than a convenient fabrication. I treat everything I hear online with a grain of skepticism, especially stories meant to embellish one's social position in an artificial and trivial fashion.

I have to see evidence that intelligence or job role claim is legitimate. I've not seen a sufficient demonstration of that in any thing he's posted.

Also, Voodoo is a gm.. gm trumps gods in this setting.

Also @Triyun: Anyone who opposes me is obviously ebil :P. After all, you're defying my will

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex