Declaration of war

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDO has been just a safe haven for nations to grow and then switch AA's to fight in wars, so no amount of damage dealt to them was enough.

This is an absurd allegation. Almost all of TDO's nations have been there at least 1000-2000 days, including virtually all of their top 20 nations. Only a handful have been there less than a year.

Of course, Buscemi is famous for opening his mouth before doing his research.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

This is an absurd allegation. Almost all of TDO's nations have been there at least 1000-2000 days, including virtually all of their top 20 nations. Only a handful have been there less than a year.

It's almost too easy to make a pot and kettle joke here. Edited by WarriorSoul

Yes, they've been there for 1000-2000 days.

NG have had many members move to us from TDO in the past.  As have several other alliances.  So yes, some nations sit on neutrals to grow (I should know I was in GPA for 6 months)

Or, some nations actually have an opinion and think for themselves that they might want to try out a different alliance. Non-neutrals switch AA's all the time. If because I'm GOP now means I will always have to be in a neutral alliance then FML. Someone should have told me that.

In this case, the Izz ad Din al Qassam Brigades was one nation, which came from within TDO.  So we had a TDO member defending TDO under a different AA.  Not a bad thing -- expected, even -- but not exactly a worldwide grass-roots response to a threat on neutrality.

As a matter of record, the IDQB response to this aggression was neither requested by nor coordinated with TDO, nor was it intended to defend that specific alliance.

I announced my intention to leave the alliance before TDO formulated a response to the attacks, with the intention of pursuing a separate policy of retribution without prejudicing any peace agreement that TDO might make.

Or, some nations actually have an opinion and think for themselves that they might want to try out a different alliance. Non-neutrals switch AA's all the time. If because I'm GOP now means I will always have to be in a neutral alliance then FML. Someone should have told me that.

If you're going to make sense and use logic, please refrain from posting in these parts.

Thanks

If you have a CB for a raid, and you know you'll suffer no repercussions for said raid, why not do it?

Because you're not an ass hole.

I'm curious as to who in TDO government was contacted. If the least active member of TDO government was contacted, that simply confirms that this was an opportunistic raid on the part of SPATR and co.

As far as I'm aware, Rychro Anrise was the government official in contact with SPATR during this conflict, I don't know if anyone else was. Unfortunately, I wasn't available at the time, and didn't even know there had been a spy incident, let alone a resulting war. This was down to me not checking in on TDO for about a day or two, in which time the spy operation by Gitami had been conducted, and war declared. Had I done my daily CN check like I usually do, I would probably have spotted the operation before the war had even been declared, and it would be been dealt with there and then.

Caladin, contact between TDO and SPATR had commenced within 48 hours of Gitami's spy operation. Gitami's spy operation occurred at 1:02:41AM on 7/24/2014. First known contact (that Rychro Anrise has shared) was at 7:09:24 PM on 7/25/2014, in which Sgt Gus of SPATR contacted Rychro Anrise. Rychro Anrise's response (the first one I know of) occurred at 9:53:38PM on 7/25/2014 in response to Sgt Gus' first message.

We gave them enough notice to act.They ignored us until we attack. We show more than enough mercy thanks to gus.
I wasn't ready to peace out, The cost to build up our military was very high.I would have like to kept this going a few more weeks and gain some more tech and land.

I wasn't ready to peace out, The cost to build up our military was very high.I would have like to kept this going a few more weeks and gain some more tech and land.

lol at least someone isn't being political about it.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

From my source close to the incident:

Contrary to the OWF narrative, this was indeed a raid. There was no negotiation before the declaration of war and both large and small TDO nations were attacked immediately after the declarations.

If you check SPATR's war screen, you'll find they declared 16 wars against TDO.  8 of them had zero damage for either side. Seems like a pretty poor raid strategy, but an excellent strategy for locking someone out of PM while seeing if diplomacy can gain traction.  

Although, being a non-raiding alliance, maybe they are just that bad at raiding.

Edited by Walshington

I was just reading over the Protectorate Treaty in place between Stone and Steel and The Sandstorm Confederacy and noted the following term:

III. Stone and Steel agrees to seek the approval of The Sandstorm Confederacy for any aggressive action that is under consideration, and will do so at least 48 hours before commencing such action.

Now, did The Sandstorm Confederacy get approval for their attacks against The Democratic Order? Probably not.

I was just reading over the Protectorate Treaty in place between Stone and Steel and The Sandstorm Confederacy and noted the following term:

III. Stone and Steel agrees to seek the approval of The Sandstorm Confederacy for any aggressive action that is under consideration, and will do so at least 48 hours before commencing such action.

Now, did The Sandstorm Confederacy get approval for their attacks against The Democratic Order? Probably not.

It seems that I have once again made another error, this time in the third paragraph. I meant Stone and be Steel rather than The Sandstorm Confederacy.

If TDO hadn't been a neutral AA and wide open target, would SPATR have declared war so quickly over one failed spy attack? Would SPATR have acted in the same manner if they were dealing with NPO, NpO, TOP, IRON, CCC  :ehm: etc?

If TDO hadn't been a neutral AA and wide open target, would SPATR have declared war so quickly over one failed spy attack? Would SPATR have acted in the same manner if they were dealing with NPO, NpO, TOP, IRON, CCC  :ehm: etc?

Let's find out?

The answer to that is a most definite no. Neutrals make themselves easy targets, and easy targets don't have much diplomatic sway.

Ah well, neutrals offer absolutely nothing around here, anyway. When they get raided that's the only time I even remember they exist.

So yes, some nations sit on neutrals to grow (I should know I was in GPA for 6 months)

Your comparison is invalid because you didn't join the GPA "to grow", but because you loved us.

(Sorry for the late reply but I have been on vacancy on top of being ridiculously inactive.)

That's true I was referring to various nations who tried to join but we turned away because they were obviously trying to join to grow :)

A neutral alliance turned away nations trying to join to grow? Were you only looking for nations ready to war? Wtf?