A Javahouse Announcement in Two Parts

Max Power

What optional treaty are you referring to, Schatt?

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Javahouse_League  TJL just declared into two wars, my post makes it obvious which treaty I'm referring to.

I thought CoJ disbanded.

CoJ's disbandment doesn't have any bearing on the discussions that occurred there with TJL for over a year.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What optional treaty are you referring to, Schatt?

He's referring to the tJL-AI ODP.

The point's well taken, Schatt, and we did discuss that internally. However, when it came down to it, we felt as though the erosion of support AI's received since its megalopolis version existed a year ago constitutes a wrong. We consider our ally to have been wronged by this erosion, and we feel it's unwarranted. When I said "in support of AI", I didn't just mean in the literal sense of activating the oA portion of the treaty. We're supporting AI in the sense of showing them that we're there for them even if it's no longer as popular a thing to do. AI has always treated us well. This is the least we can do for them.

I'd be inclined to believe that AI has lost support from friends and/or allies not because it lost NS (and therefore strategic value), but because its government all went off the rails on a crazy train from Pansy's disappearance to NobodyExpects' fall from grace to QueenHailee's wild accusations and [IC]manic mania. 

Have they even had a complete government for the past 6 months?  I might know if they hadn't gone on a literally insane whispering campaign against me, which was reason enough for CoJ to cut all ties; how many more alliances have been burned by the flailing AI?

I think the best thing you can do to be a friend to Anarchy Inc. is visit them in the retirement home once a week.

But, I appreciate your explanation of TJL's reasoning/situation.

Edited by Schattenmann

It's unfortunate you feel that way. The current AI government (gambona, Buffalo, Grendel) has been absolutely delightful to work with both in peace and in war. We're well aware of the grievances various parties have with past AI government officials but we consider those to be dead and buried.

Well, I thought I'd just post here to clear things up. We at the Sandwich Confederation are indeed activating our ODoAP with tJL against SRA and The Legion. That's how things are de facto anyway. If anyone wants a separate post, I'm sure we can put one together.

a javahouse announcement in three parts

welcome SC, we used to be closer, but we are still friends right :)

I'd be inclined to believe that AI has lost support from friends and/or allies not because it lost NS (and therefore strategic value), but because its government all went off the rails on a crazy train from Pansy's disappearance to NobodyExpects' fall from grace to QueenHailee's wild accusations and [IC]manic mania. 
Have they even had a complete government for the past 6 months?  I might know if they hadn't gone on a literally insane whispering campaign against me, which was reason enough for CoJ to cut all ties; how many more alliances have been burned by the flailing AI?

Why would we base the important foreign policy question of when to support a friend/ally such as AI has been to us in war on the relationship between AI's other "friends" and allies? Anarchy Inc. has always been good to us from the moment they signed a treaty with us soon after our protector disbanded to present.

I just wanted to jump in here quickly as I only have a few moments and I will say myself, Grendel and Gambona have come a long way from our previous sanctioned version and anyone that has dealt with us personally hopefully can say we are nothing like we used to be.  We do have a different mindset and yes there has been a complete change in philosophy from six months ago.

I appreciate the allies that have stuck by us, and that hasn't gone unnoticed.  I will also stress we have noticed those that haven't.  TJL are good peeps and have been amazing to work with.  Very high quality allies that I know I can count on when the cards are down.

I think the best thing you can do to be a friend to Anarchy Inc. is visit them in the retirement home once a week.

But, I appreciate your explanation of TJL's reasoning/situation.

I think its clear that tJL isn't bandwagoning, but doing what a good ally does here in lending a hand when needed.  Similarly, it seems clear that the old Ai gov had issues to an extent that led to movements away from them and many not being allied like tJL still is.

Might be on opposite sides of the coalition, but best of luck to tJL.

Hey hartfw :)

The Javahouse League are good friends and allies and I appreciate their desire to stick with us through our trials and tribulations. Their support during this war is greatly appreciated and I hope we are doing as well by them as they are by us.

"Allies" who can not weather the storm as well as the calm  are free to move on.

Now back to casualties.

Edited by Grendel

I just wanted to jump in here quickly as I only have a few moments and I will say myself, Grendel and Gambona have come a long way from our previous sanctioned version and anyone that has dealt with us personally hopefully can say we are nothing like we used to be.  We do have a different mindset and yes there has been a complete change in philosophy from six months ago.

I appreciate the allies that have stuck by us, and that hasn't gone unnoticed.  I will also stress we have noticed those that haven't.  TJL are good peeps and have been amazing to work with.  Very high quality allies that I know I can count on when the cards are down.

Thanks Buffalo Niagara.

Why would we base the important foreign policy question of when to support a friend/ally such as AI has been to us in war on the relationship between AI's other "friends" and allies?

Like I said, it's apparent that I simply had no idea who tJL is.

I think its clear that tJL isn't bandwagoning . . .

I didn't say that tJL was bandwagoning.

"Allies" who can not weather the storm as well as the calm  are free to move on.

Treaties are relationships between governments; when one government goes bananas or doesn't exist, it's not the other guy's shortcoming that they walk away.