Solis Disbandment notice

James? Me an idiot? I'm hurt that you of all people have this opinion of me.

What I thought after reading this: tumblr_mi6g5flwtu1qh4upho1_500.gif

But he didnt say you were an idiot... he said a lot of people think you are... But your lack of understanding this the first time around might be proof that you are one... :o

Edited by Hamilmania

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like Loki. He reminds me of myself in my younger years.

As to the NSO members in the thread, with their alliance being destroyed they have nothing better than to pull down the accomplishments of others. Perhaps in the future their survivors will respect their betters.

What accomplishments? I see only a failed alliance of mediocre (at best) leaders. What is respectable about that? I do not know much about what lead to Solis disbanding, but this an alliance that was not at war, so I presume that it must have been internal. That is also besides the point. Great alliances do not let internal troubles defeat them (or external threats for that matter). Great alliances overcome this problems. It is the poor and unworthy alliances that disband and accept defeat.

Solis is unworthy of your tears.

Erratic and outspoken yes, but an idiot? No, not by any sense of the imagination.

Your lack of basic reading comprehension skills suggest otherwise.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Of course you would post this right after I left for the night, James.

Sorry to see this. You guys were good allies, and I wish we could've fought together at some point. 

Don't say that I didn't warn you, though:

SnbiPb3.jpg?1

Our non-AZTEC allies sort of have a history of doing this kind of thing (Sengoku's gonna be next).

And you managed to invoke both a ad hominem fallacy and a red herring all in one sentence.

I "invoked" the fact that you're in what many people consider to be a garbage alliance, and you have no room to sit here and throw shade at anybody.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Sorry to see this. You guys were good allies, and I wish we could've fought together at some point. 

SnbiPb3.jpg?1

Our non-AZTEC allies sort of have a history of doing this kind of thing (Sengoku's gonna be next).

I blame AB for this!

SnbiPb3.jpg?1

you monsters! 

I thought Sudoku was in Aztec?  

SnbiPb3.jpg?1

I thought Sudoku was in Aztec?

It's sad to see all this on a disbandment topic. I was in Solis and have been playing CN for over 6 years. I enjoyed Solis because of the members and the homely feeling I got. Unfortunately sometimes inactivity can hit ground bottom and there really is no other option than to give it all you got and move on. That's what we at Solis tried.

Speak whatever you wish about us as everyone is entitled to their own opinion but facts are a different thing. No one really except Solis and our allies knew how we were. It is true that Solis most likely won't be remembered in the time to come by the vast majority of CN but I know that I won't ever forget it. We had something good but like all good things it had to come to an end.

As for Loki, basing one members opinion as the opinion of a whole Alliance is the definition of being narrow minded. I don't post much but I will miss Solis and I thank every member for making Solis a place I will remember.

One last time.
O/Solis

Edited by emperordhruv

Considering I put Robert Baratheon on the throne so many years ago, I find it entirely appropriate.

OOC: Massive ASOIAF spoilers below

[spoiler]You absolutely did not put Robert Baratheon on the throne. That was a result of Aery's madness, the pre-war alliance building of Rickard Stark/Jon Arryn/Hoster Tully, Rhaegar's folly, and the tactical skills of the rebels. What you did was sack a helpless city after the war had been won, and order the murder of two small children. Good job. You then married your daughter to the victor, something that only happened because there were no other real choices (none of the other great houses had eligible daughters). 

The myth of Tywin Lannister is one of the most hilarious in the books. You started a freaking war against the Starks when a Stark was Hand of the King, when the whole realm would have bet Robert Baratheon would side with his oldest friend against the yellow haired shits he despised so much. You were amazingly lucky that events transpired to kill Robert, and that Ned Stark was a fucking moron and didn't seize the Red Keep. You were then outmanuevered by a 15 year old boy, who started thrashing your armies left and right. You bottled yourself up in Harrenhal, trapped and unable to move without fear that any action you took would be your end. You just kept getting lucky though. First, a goddamned shadow monster killed the man marching 100k men on your daughter and grandson. Then, Littlefinger saved your ass by convinced the Tyrells to side with you against Stannis, and you just happened to arrive right in time to hit Stannis in the rear- an hour later and you would've been rescuing corpses.

But you still had to deal with Robb Stark. GRRM promptly hand delivered you a dozen special favors- first by writing Balon Greyjoy as the stupidest piece of shit ever conceived in fiction, and having him attack the North. Then you had Theon's magical plan to seize Winterfell actually succeed- and cmon, we all know that was fucking insane. 20+ men marching hundreds of miles inland, undiscovered, then seizing a castle with hundreds in it and a couple fucking direwolves? Like, damn. The civilians could have easily overpowered them and gone about their day, but no. Then that ridiculous battle outside Winterfell when Ser Rodrik's army, 4x the size of Ramsay's and fully drawn up for battle, gets slaughtered? Yeah fucking right. What, are Dreadfort men all berserkers? Then you've got Roose Bolton down south, blatantly fucking things up for Robb, and no one's like "gee, Roose seems really good at losing non-Bolton soldiers"? Catelyn Tully, the most suspicious woman in Westeros, doesn't get curious? Fucking christ. Then you managed to talk Walder Frey into this Red Wedding business. Now, don't get me wrong, an amazing piece of writing, but laughably unrealistic. You're telling me that out of all the notoriously backstabbing, ambitious, traitorous Frey's, not a single one had the idea that "hmm if I go to Robb Stark and tell him what's up, maybe I'll get the Twins?". Hell, not even one of the soldiers thought "this information will probably get me a nice fat bag of gold"? Hooooly shit. No. Insanely unrealistic that Robb wouldn't find out about it. Then of course, he dies, and you've "won" the war- by which I mean it was handed to you on a silver platter.

This of course also ignores that Lysa Arryn was written for the sole purpose of fucking her family over, that Littlefinger is some kind of magician who knows everything, and your enemies have no luck at all. Plus, your actions in the Rebellion ensured that the last Dany, you know, the girl with three goddamned dragons, wants to slaughter your family to the last. Oh, and your shitty awful parenting guaranteed that your children are out to kill one another, while your deranged daughter rips apart everything you ever accomplished. And of course, your kids were fucking the whole time. Way to go dad![/spoiler]

IC: I never knew you Solis, but props for recognizing when it's time to hang it up.

It's sad to see all this on a disbandment topic. I was in Solis and have been playing CN for over 6 years. I enjoyed Solis because of the members and the homely feeling I got. Unfortunately sometimes inactivity can hit ground bottom and there really is no other option than to give it all you got and move on. That's what we at Solis tried.

Speak whatever you wish about us as everyone is entitled to their own opinion but facts are a different thing. No one really except Solis and our allies knew how we were. It is true that Solis most likely won't be remembered in the time to come by the vast majority of CN but I know that I won't ever forget it. We had something good but like all good things it had to come to an end.

As for Loki, basing one members opinion as the opinion of a whole Alliance is the definition of being narrow minded. I don't post much but I will miss Solis and I thank every member for making Solis a place I will remember.

One last time.
O/Solis

To assume that one man is the voice of an entire alliance, and his opinions those of an entire alliance is stupidity. I could use this same reasoning with several people on the OWF. I only speak for myself, point blank period.

To bring this to a close: Solis is probably one of, if not the best, alliance I've ever been a part of and it is one of the few alliances where I felt at home. We all treated each other like family, the government respected the opinions of every member, and it was genuinely a cool place to be. That is how I feel and the opinions of those who disagree are meaningless to me. I'm going to miss it a lot and I wish everyone, including you Dhruv, the best in wherever they decide to go.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Solis was great, great allies, great friends around me. James was an awesome leader, he made that AA grow from the time bmth left it. I remember joining it when it was just 300k ns and I saw it grow to 1.2 mil. Everyone contributed a lot to it and then it lost it's flair. The real problem which i find is that it lost it's flair. All the guys that helped me out in that AA deserve my respect and DT, AB, HB you guys were the best. NSF you pulled us into the game and motivated us to grow, we beat you in the strength race but we lost our goals when we finally achieved it. Keep up the good work guys, To all the ex-solis members, stay in touch. 

O/ Solis

1. The only reason you're getting rolled now is because you guys couldn't keep your mouths shut, now you are suffering the consequences. Judging by some of the people you have in your ranks, I can tell that there really isn't anything special about you.

2. Reaching 1 mil in just a few months of existence was a pretty big accomplishment. In addition, we had some of the best minds in CN within our ranks and had we stayed together just a little bit longer we could have accomplished great things. What the heck, it's all in the past now.

If you could have accomplished great things, why didn't you?

Personally I like Loki. He reminds me of myself in my younger years.

As to the NSO members in the thread, with their alliance being destroyed they have nothing better than to pull down the accomplishments of others. Perhaps in the future their survivors will respect their betters.

You want to compare accomplishments? Simply by existing we smoke the competition ITT.

And as for you, Tywin, you are as insignificant as the napkin that I used over lunch to wipe my hands - nameless, replaceable, and as easily forgotten after each encounter.

Ok genius, please take to the stage and tell us all the real reason NSO is getting rolled.

It's called politics.

Any one with half a brain knows that NSO was not acting alone in such measures. Any one with half a brain knows that hitting either of the other two parties directly involved would have had a larger impact on their ability to control any direction in the war and lost them certain allies on their side. Any one with half a brain would know the the best propaganda line to chase when attacking the three of us is to go through NSO. This leaves them with the line, as they approach potential alliances to our side, "Do you really want to defend NSO?" as opposed to the reality of them actually defending their treaty partners (IRON government proved themselves to be lacking in this field). You fit perfectly in the demographic that Polar et al were looking for with their lines.

Also, any one with half a brain would know that when RV opens his mouth, he's always speaking for RV. Just so happens he's fairly often right and a fair share of us agree with him.