Justice Dispensed

Schattenmann

Best of luck moving forward. The cult was always an interesting and multi-facetted animal, certainly distinguished from those around it. I hope to see continued contributions from you (and your members) to the world.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww crap.  Looks like I came back too late.  Schatt, you and I were always on different sides but I agreed with you more often than not and respected you and CoJ for having the courage to stick to your guns even if I didn't agree with your methods.  Good luck to you all in your new homes.

Welp.  There it goes.  For 1,591 days I led Justitia's Cult as a physical presence on Digiterra, but today I'm a Polar. 

I thank you all for your kind words.

A few of you have recruited me, and I appreciate the sentiment, but I had already applied and been accepted to Polaris before we posted.  A few of you have expressed disdain for my decision which I can appreciate philosophically, but only that far.  CoJ's ideals are still those in my own heart, but for the immediate future I'm going to be enjoying not being in charge of anything for the first time since August 2008.

There are a handful of duders left on the AA, as noted, Polaris is protecting them so don't get any big ideas, and anyway, you all had 4 years to really attack us and not one of you ever did.

To you ~110 rulers out there who were at one time or another Justitians, from goons to CNRPers and from newbs to Presidents, Senators, etc., you were the most eclectic and honorific-laden membership of any organization out there, never drawn by the promise of easy entry into one more government for the resume, but by the strength and promise of our ideals.  I've appreciated and respected each of you and I'm glad to have had you by our side.  Never forget the ideals to which we dedicated ourselves and never mistake them as practicable only in CoJ, rather take them wherever you go.

o/ Justitia

Very sad to see CoJ go. :(

However in more positive news it is good to see that what little is left of OcUK has outlived RoK. :)

That you did!

Edited by Schattenmann

Very sad to see CoJ go. :(

However in more positive news it is good to see that what little is left of OcUK has outlived RoK. :)

CoJ, love 'em or hate 'em they left a mark on Planet Bob that will always be remembered.

As for OcUK, I remember Grub and I, leaders in two sanctioned alliances at the time, sitting around one night on IRC trying to figure out to do with you since you wouldn't accept the obvious.  Despite his best efforts to mediate, and my best efforts to find an easy peace, you refused.  The war continued.  I even recall giving one of you a Rok recruiting medal, since if you claimed to had so many people infiltrate Rok and become members.  Eventually anyone who remembered that we were still at war simply decided it wasn't worth doing anything about or left to go elsewhere.  The final chapter of that was Rok granting you peace unconditionally as part of the whole era of good feelings around the time of the Karma War.  I'm not entirely sure you have anything to brag about.  You don't even get the medal for stubbornness, that will always belong to this guy.

CoJ, love 'em or hate 'em they left a mark on Planet Bob that will always be remembered.

You don't even get the medal for stubbornness, that will always belong to this guy.

Agree with the first part: sad to see this alliance go. Polaris is embiggened but the world is made less.

For the second part I was hoping for a FranzJosef reroll, but wasn't disappointed anyways.

So what you are saying is that the New Polar Order wants to attack and destroy Non Grata? 

Much as I'd love to claim the will of the New Polar Order can be summed up by us four migrants who joined....I just meant that there is a dispersed set of rulers out there that by and large still want you destroyed. Nobody jumped ship to "the other side" or had a sudden change of heart just because we've moved on to different alliances.

Much as I'd love to claim the will of the New Polar Order can be summed up by us four migrants who joined....I just meant that there is a dispersed set of rulers out there that by and large still want you destroyed. Nobody jumped ship to "the other side" or had a sudden change of heart just because we've moved on to different alliances.

And this is the sound of backpedaling.

And this is the sound of backpedaling.

It isn't backpedaling to disagree with words you put in his mouth, and it isn't shocking that you are trying to make PM's statements somehow attributable to Polaris.  The CoJ disbanded, the fact that its members still dislike you all is no more surprising or silly than the fact that you still have Schattenmann as the centerpiece of your sig.  You didn't take advantage of your years of opportunity to attack the CoJ, and that has nothing to do with the fine people over at Polaris.

How about we focus on the fact that the CoJ had a pretty good run, and leave it more or less at that.

It isn't backpedaling to disagree with words you put in his mouth, and it isn't shocking that you are trying to make PM's statements somehow attributable to Polaris.  The CoJ disbanded, the fact that its members still dislike you all is no more surprising or silly than the fact that you still have Schattenmann as the centerpiece of your sig.  You didn't take advantage of your years of opportunity to attack the CoJ, and that has nothing to do with the fine people over at Polaris.

How about we focus on the fact that the CoJ had a pretty good run, and leave it more or less at that.

I nearly took advantage however I was prevented from doing so at multiple times in the past.

Still can't believe CoJ disbanded in this way.  Always was good to have a good enemy with such an insatiable appetite.

Fun is fun, and done is done.  The CoJ took it to the end of our road.  But I think you'll find we're still an enemy :)

Alliances disband - cults propagate. Your enemy is still around, thirsting for your destruction   :)

So what you are saying is that the New Polar Order wants to attack and destroy Non Grata? 

There were 27 of us at disband, all of us were happy to have a war with Non Grata, only 4 went to Polaris. 

8iZlmdP.gif

Don Chele covered the rest of the issue pretty well; we don't speak for Polaris, and we don't know anymore than any other attentive soul.

Edited by Schattenmann

Bandwagoning onto Umbrella in the one war you were apart of doesn't mean you had a "pretty good run". 

And you do realize that Schatt has this really homoerotic sig that I just added what everyone was thinking.  "Thirsting for our destruction."  Lighten up.  This all started with PM and his laughable saber rattling.  I merely called him out.  If you don't want to get called out, don't rattle your little wooden swords.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

Bandwagoning onto Umbrella in the one war you were apart of doesn't mean you had a "pretty good run". 

And you do realize that Schatt has this really homoerotic sig that I just added what everyone was thinking.  "Thirsting for our destruction."  Lighten up.  This all started with PM and his laughable saber rattling.  I merely called him out.  If you don't want to get called out, don't rattle your little wooden swords.

Looks like someone broke their "Kiss everyone's ass," tour fast.