Justice Dispensed

Schattenmann

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, COJ's was the most... human.

My most heartfelt thanks to Schatt, Sun Wukon, Prodigal Moon, Biff Webster, Don Chele ... and the few others who worked so hard to keep the cult together. It was the best place I had hung my hat, the best group I have known and the place i felt most at home on this realm.

Au revoir.

The Body dies; the Soul remains. The face of Digiterra, like all things, changes.

I commend my comrades for creating the only group that could be home for me. With home no longer there - I ascend. Will I return? Every time I leave, I say "no". But that's just it - I say it every time I leave.

Mad monkey love for the Shadow Man, Biff, Don, BoB, Prodigal Moon and all the other gentle-entities that made up our coterie. I'm sure if something fresh happens, focused prayer into the Great Beyond may serve to induce a reincarnation - yet again.

In the meantime - adieu.

As much as I am not a fan of CoJ and what she has done, it would be foolish to say that you have not taken a major role in this community, embraced it, and played it harmoniously. It is unfortunate to see that this community is departing the world as well. Best of luck in your new homes.

RIP CoJ

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

It's been fun.  Thanks for the good times guys, as both an ally and as a member.

If there were one thing I wish we could do over, it would be rolling 57th Overlanders, and I wouldn't change anything, just do it again because it was so damn fun.  Well, I might tell Moldavi to "bring it" on the second time.

I would attempt to poach you, but I dare not steal morsels from an ally's dish.

The parade of conclusion marches on.  The Endwar is upon us.

TOP was close.  As it stands, I felt like it would be more drama than I care for just now, if we're honest.  But I'm looking forward to the EQ mop-up side-by-side with an ambitious TOP.  You got some great Justitians in Yawoo, Wilding, and Site.

Edited by Schattenmann

I must say, this is something that I did not think I would ever see. This makes my heart weep despite my current process of fighting the good fight on my current front. I suppose I will leave a few words from when I was leader of The Combine.

In the infancy of The Combine we were plagued with only having one ally, Ragnarok. Unfortunately things came to pass that caused them a massive PR hit, and despite all of The Combine's best efforts to support here and talk to many of the alliances that were licking their lips to take a piece of them. Many of the efforts were succesful, but had to be done twice because no one recognized the current Ragnarok government, who constantly pushed the efforts back made by The Combine. We were left to bow out of that relationship slowly so as to not leave them in the dust.

We were then left walking alone on a dirt road with no one beside us. Before long we came across a fat kid that talked a lot of shit but tended not to do anything. That would become our first friend, NSO. We were alright, had some laughs, but while we signed a treaty, I never felt like they were a true friend, more a treaty of convenience at the time. Then we came across her, the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. Many people of my culture had warned me about her, her anti-trolling, her moralism, her bloated responses to the simplest of statements. But I caught the glimmer in her eye, and I immediately needed to know her. This was still during a time that a lot of people didn't want much to do with her, and shyed away from alliances that were allied to her.

After to getting to know her, we found despite being polar opposites, we had a ton in common. We let this relationship blossom on its own, and we signed a treaty together. CoJ was our closest ally through out our history. We made many good friends, and while the tenure was short and fell apart during the last month or so of our relationship due to constant government change within The Combine. While we are no more, I will always hold a special place in my heart for CoJ, and despite these many months of no contact, I still view its parted membership as friends.

-BloodFury

P.S. I will reveal your secret in due time Schattenmann.

I have nothing that can be said that wouldn't earn me a warning.  Can't say I'm sorry to see you go...but I don't expect you to actually be going anywhere.

If there were one thing I wish we could do over, it would be rolling 57th Overlanders, and I wouldn't change anything, just do it again because it was so damn fun.

I have nothing that can be said that wouldn't earn me a warning.  Can't say I'm sorry to see you go...but I don't expect you to actually be going anywhere.

Hey! it's actually really great to see you're still around!  I hope you've been well.

Of all the alliances who talked a big game and threw around threats at CoJ, 57th Overlanders was the only one with the balls to take the shot.  It was classic micro-drama.  You threw your haymaker, we did our rape-a-dope, the only reason I'd do it over again was because it was such a pure moment of raw passion and politics in our history.  Clean cut, none of this sloppiness that comes with the big leagues. 

It was immense fun to piss on GOONS's boots by getting in the middle of raids on micros, it was fun to spar with big wig boogiemen, but the war with 57th was a good old fashioned brawl and I'd do it 57 times.

Tell any of the old crew you happen across "hello."

After to getting to know her, we found despite being polar opposites, we had a ton in common. We let this relationship blossom on its own, and we signed a treaty together. CoJ was our closest ally through out our history. We made many good friends, and while the tenure was short and fell apart during the last month or so of our relationship due to constant government change within The Combine. While we are no more, I will always hold a special place in my heart for CoJ, and despite these many months of no contact, I still view its parted membership as friends.

-BloodFury

P.S. I will reveal your secret in due time Schattenmann.

It was a pleasure.

Edited by Schattenmann